Surf Cup accepted teams 05

I agree with everything you are saying TCD. Our family loves the experience you get from a big tournament and would never want to stop going to them. My point was that I'm just kinda tired of being taken advantage of as far as the costs go. What I have seen over the last 6 years that I have been around the club soccer thing is tournaments go from a small cost to a huge cost per player and that is what I think needs to be changed. Obviously any club that can get this kind of turn out and force you to stay extra days and pay for extra parking will do it and I don't blame them. The only way this will ever change is if they stop getting the turn outs like this and realize that the customer is sick of overpaying for the product. I have watched quite a few really talented girls leave club altogether or switch to a smaller club that do smaller tournaments strictly due to the impact on the wallet.

We are thinking of staying in Oceanside this year. Looks like a fun area and nearby socal complex. Any issues I should be
aware of? Drunken, screaming idiots and aggressive panhandling ain't my cup of tea.

We are thinking of staying in Oceanside this year. Looks like a fun area and nearby socal complex. Any issues I should be
aware of? Drunken, screaming idiots and aggressive panhandling ain't my cup of tea.

Oceanside is fine... though I'd suggest Carlsbad for more family friendly and nicer activities and restaurants. The pier in Oceanside is fine.. some decent restaurants.

I am of the opinion that the downtown areas get progressively nicer/more upscale as you head south. Oceanside is nice, Carlsbad is nicer. Encinitas/Solana Beach is a bit of a step up from Carlsbad. Del Mar & La Jolla are a step up from Encinitas. Depends on how far you want to travel. Oceanside pier and Carlsbad downtown can get a little rowdy at night due to the bars. Good luck and have fun. My $0.02

Are you referring to coaches? Or sideline parents?o_O

Back