Surf Cup 2019

A couple things about this garbage that seems to fill this forum a lot of the time.

First, why the hell are you NTX folks going out of your way to sign up for a forum that isn’t even in your area. I’ll give you the fact it does have some decent info, but it seems you come out of the woodwork when you happen to win. There is obviously one team that is the target - that is the D’Feeter team. What I admire about them from afar is I don’t think any of their parents have been on here boasting about rankings, or winning a game. If anyone has that right to do that it would be them. Maybe you should concentrate on trying to beat them, since I hear no one has in NTX.

Lastly, as for the stupid rankings and whether SoCal has too big of a representation in the top 100. I’ve lived in both markets and will say, the best teams in each area are evenly matched, but SoCal has more depth. SoCal should have more depth because of the size of the market compared to DFW.

Congrats to Solar. Congrats to all the teams for a great year. Wish everyone the best of luck this upcoming season. Enjoy it while it lasts.
I think that is an excellent response.

You can blame me for the Texas parents though. I simply gave them a link to another thread to show some of the responses I got simply for challenging the thought that SoCal teams were rated too high.

Perhaps, and let me be clear, it is only SOME users on here, that speak a little too loudly and boasting themselves which by nature, gets a reaction.

I’ve had plenty of conversations with good SoCal parents here as I have had with the other ones.

I have also said over and over again that North Texas and SoCal remain the top area for GIRLS development in the US but also feel credit needs to be given to other areas as well.

I think this whole debate is silly. NTX and SoCal have great teams and this is soccer... any top team can beat any other top team on any given day. I’m an Solar Angelone parent and we had a blast... first class tournament! There are so many great teams in California and we were blown away that we came away on top. The Slammers parents were super nice and I enjoyed talking to several of them. We had one parent make a joke after the semifinal that came across the wrong way and I think our parents and coach did our best to make it right. He didn’t mean to offend anyone. Really intense moments can cause those things to happen... hopefully it can be forgiven because we had immense respect for both Slammers teams.

I don’t think we need to continue this debate on who’s better b/c there are so many variables and soccer is a sport where upsets happen which can throw rankings off. You never know if a result is an upset or the rankings were wrong. Who knows! Texas showed well but the Cali teams were top notch and well coached... it was first class soccer all around! I will leave the SoCal board to SoCal parents as we return to Texas... safe travels to all those heading home.

SoCal is like the premier league, lots of parity between teams with some of the best players. However, we need to keep in mind that premier league teams don’t win champions league every year.

There are so many great teams in the East Coast as well.

Let’s also keep in mind that it all changes once we move up to 11 v 11.

The tuxas forum sayin Solar Angelone brought 2 forwards from D'Feeters Voutier out here wit em.

#ringers #tuxasringers #asterisk #checktheybirthcertificates #bigworm

Laguna Matata is just a troll from the NTX boards that hates Solar... please just ignore him. Angelone had 2 guest players from Solar Colvin which is our sister team... the girls train together all the time and the coaches cover for each other when needed. Angelone has 11 players but when we play in tournaments we bring a guest or two so we don’t get too tired across 5 games. D’Feeters Voutier would never give guest players to a Solar team so that comment is just another stupid troll... you can literally ignore every post that guy makes. Even though Angelone had 2 guest players, those girls are not ringers... they just mesh well with the team’s style and they are friends with the other girls. The Angelone team was basically the same team you would see any given weekend.

Laguna Matata is just a troll from the NTX boards that hates Solar... please just ignore him. Angelone had 2 guest players from Solar Colvin which is our sister team... the girls train together all the time and the coaches cover for each other when needed. Angelone has 11 players but when we play in tournaments we bring a guest or two so we don’t get too tired across 5 games. D’Feeters Voutier would never give guest players to a Solar team so that comment is just another stupid troll... you can literally ignore every post that guy makes. Even though Angelone had 2 guest players, those girls are not ringers... they just mesh well with the team’s style and they are friends with the other girls. The Angelone team was basically the same team you would see any given weekend.
It’s refreshing to see that the person most rightly in a position to gloat is actually one of the most gracious.

Congrats to your team, your coach, and your families. Bottom line – you guys put yourselves out there and delivered, beating every team that was put in front of you – including two that have been perennially top five in the nation. You represented NTX admirably.

It’s a fantastic accomplishment and likely a day those 9 and 10-year-old girls will remember the rest of their lives. For the rest of us to continue to debate, on that same very day, about who is “the best” – especially teams that you beat along the way – just seems silly and not giving proper due to this accomplishment.

Orange County born and raised, Aliso Viejo by way of Fullerton. PA is still #1 until you tuxas jokers can beat em straight up aka without ringers.

Hey SoCal, thanks for putting on a great tournament. Our team really enjoyed it. We had always heard SC was a huge tourney but man did we underestimate how big it is. Great time, great weather and great soccer. The Cali teams brought it and it was fun to play in another states backyard. See you next year

From what I can gather, ProphAC doesn't even have a 09 daughter that plays soccer. He just trolls boards and chimes in with worthless blabbering nonsense. He's the real troll. Sad. Hope he gets the help he deserves.

In the meantime, OC Fair ends this weekend. I hope to see all you jokers out there! Avoid the Wedge, its gonna be gnarly. Big Worm comes to party!!!!

From what I can gather, ProphAC doesn't even have a 09 daughter that plays soccer. He just trolls boards and chimes in with worthless blabbering nonsense. He's the real troll. Sad. Hope he gets the help he deserves.

In the meantime, OC Fair ends this weekend. I hope to see all you jokers out there! Avoid the Wedge, its gonna be gnarly. Big Worm comes to party!!!!
For all those with 2009 DD “stakes in the game,” we use the roll call.

ttp://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/roll-call-2019-2020-season-2009s.17374/

All are welcome of course, and that includes parents from out of state. I’d encourage our new friends from Texas who joined the forum to chat about Surf Cup, or who came over here with curiosity after MARspeed egged on a debate between the 2 forums, to join in.

Sure, anonymous forums always lead to a little bit of nastiness, but the vast majority of us of us here want this to be a community to share information and have fun. The roll call is a way of making that community aspect a little more possible by having this be a little more real.

Would be great to see who you’re representing as well, @Laguna Matata.

http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/roll-call-2019-2020-season-2009s.17374/

2009 teams and you guys are worried about rankings and beating this team and that team. Let the kids have fun, develop and enjoy being a 9-10 year old. And rankings??? Some ranked team are legit (talking about older kids). Some are ranked higher cause they do 50 tournaments each summer to boost their rankings . How many scouts were at the 09 games?? None. Girls have so much growth and Interest will change as they grow or they may become more passionate about playing soccer. Point is let them enjoy it and enjoy our kids playing. No one is getting a scholarship or a promise to the national team at the 09 age group.

This particular debate tends to repeat on U-Littles forums. It's a pattern:

- Folks who are into it and excited about their kids (and in my case living very vicariously given I never had the athleticism my kid has) have a little fun with debating/discussing rankings
- Someone gets a little carried away
- A parent of a U-Older comes in an tells us how silly we are being
- People start saying more confrontational stuff one another

I gave a longer speech on this under the YSR thread. Bottom line - let the U-Little parents have some fun even if it seems silly to you, U-Little parents needs to chill and keep things in perspective given so much changes in the years to come, and we all just need to be respectful with each other. Talk to a person online as you would if they were sitting across from you over a coffee/beer.

Enjoy the weekend folks - scrimmages, tourneys, vacation, etc.

My kid is 2008 and niece starts for Liverpool Connors 09 “top” team. Not sure if I’m the u-older parent. I’m a u-little parent too. I’ll be at blues cup at the end of this month so I would love to have this group discussion in person and have that coffee. Please let me know if anyone is interested.....

Back