Surf Cup 2016

These are the new US soccer rules are they not? They are in place with the intention to take away the bigger, stronger, faster kids at younger age and start teaching young kids in the US a better brand of soccer possibly competing with the rest of the world. Now with the field size come the proper rules. I don't know all of them but I believe punting was supposed to be taken away correct? Why punt on smaller fields? I know not all refs are trained on the new rules and if that's the case you can't make the smaller fields and not implement the rules that go with it? I would think a tournament like surf cup should be prepared for that. If I'm wrong with the rules please someone chime in, I'm no expert.

Anybody else think that the field sizes are absurd? Our goalie scored off of a punt today.
Completely agree! Shooting off the kickoff. Throw ins becoming set pieces. Goals from punts. About 100 throw ins per game. Doesn't appear to me the new mandates are working. Yea I know the all the rules weren't implemented. It's a shame the fields were this small for all when the mandate is a year away.

Surf did not comply or Implement any of the new rules... pressure line... Punting ...etc... that's why it made for a horrible tournament at this age.....

Please read my posting under SoCal scene 7v7 surf cup

Even with the new rules implemented I feel the fields are to small for 7v7, maybe should be 5v5 with the size!
There should be a build out line that you must cross before shooting to prevent kickball from happening.
Every free kick foul could lose you the game!
The biggest thing I noticed was injuries and the ball going out of bounds, so many collisions due to size of field and number of players, and the game could never get into a rhythm do to the ball always being kicked out!
No excuses though Hawaii played good the way we play & we lost fair & square.

Surf team for real!
We where competitive in all three games. Lots of great talent out there. Surf should take it all!

It's a lesson that you just can't expect to show up and be handed the medals. On fields like this absolutely anything can happen and did. Exciting game between the two teams.
Wasn't pretty and not because both teams don't have a lot of talent. Congrats again to Eagles.

Does anybody have an links to video of the finals or semifinals that they can share?
I'd love to see the quality of play at this age following the birth year changes (and the field size, given the comments in here).

Does anybody have an links to video of the finals or semifinals that they can share?
I'd love to see the quality of play at this age following the birth year changes (and the field size, given the comments in here).

This highlight video is very short but you can definitely see the impact of the small fields.

Back