Supercopa

Congratulations to the 09 Cruz team for finishing strong . Strong teams from top to bottom but probably got outcoached in my eyes.

Looks to me like the seeding committee may have got the Group A wrong.

I also thought it was a bit weird the way that the top 8 point teams advanced instead of 2 teams per group.

I know it may not be any consolation to Slammers, but they very well could have been one of the best two teams there. They handily beat the team they drew with in the group and heir only loss was against the team that essentially walked through the tournament.

Our old neighbors played on the Solar team that lost in the final and it sounds like Slammers impressed.

"Probably" doesn't sound too convincing, were you there or not? You didnt even know CDA had already played Eagles at the Legends tournament. Something is fishy here?
Yes I was at the Red Lion all this week, and I was absolutely there with my daughter and I should have said absolutely instead of probably.
Thanks J.

Yes I was at the Red Lion all this week, and I was absolutely there with my daughter and I should have said absolutely instead of probably.
Thanks J.
Just fyi, my daughter has been on CDA-Cruz's team since its inception. None of our parents would back stab our coach like you are doing. We are more than just a team, we are family.

If a parent on our team has an issue with our coach or his coaching style, they wouldn't hesitate to talk to him directly, he has an open door policy. You are putting our coach on blast on a soccer forum thread...hello!

If you were or are still at the Red Lion Inn like some of our parents are right now then we were rubbing elbows together all week & it looks like we have a major problem.

For those of you who are interested, our girls did an amazing job at SuperCopa. We all agree the seeding just didnt make sense. That Dallas team was awesome! Our team is grateful for the opportunity to compete against such a well rounded team. You would only know how hard they battled if you were truly there.

Just fyi, my daughter has been on CDA-Cruz's team since its inception. None of our parents would back stab our coach like you are doing. We are more than just a team, we are family.

If a parent on our team has an issue with our coach or his coaching style, they wouldn't hesitate to talk to him directly, he has an open door policy. You are putting our coach on blast on a soccer forum thread...hello!

If you were or are still at the Red Lion Inn like some of our parents are right now then we were rubbing elbows together all week & it looks like we have a major problem.

For those of you who are interested, our girls did an amazing job at SuperCopa. We all agree the seeding just didnt make sense. That Dallas team was awesome! Our team is grateful for the opportunity to compete against such a well rounded team. You would only know how hard they battled if you were truly there.
I absolutely know how hard our team played and how hard though was this tournament was but my issue is with the coach not the parents . But from I figure you are probably one of the coaches or maybe the team mom . But obviously there is an issue and if you think that all the parents are on board with everything the coach is doing with all the players you are incorrect. And please don't get me started with the budget and the fundraising because that's a whole other topic.

I absolutely know how hard our team played and how hard though was this tournament was but my issue is with the coach not the parents . But from I figure you are probably one of the coaches or maybe the team mom . But obviously there is an issue and if you think that all the parents are on board with everything the coach is doing with all the players you are incorrect. And please don't get me started with the budget and the fundraising because that's a whole other topic.
I am a parent nothing more, but I have learned you can never satify everyone and no one is perfect. Nonetheless, you have an obligation to advocate for your daughter and if you have an issue with the coach you need to address the matter before it spirals out of control. Believe me, this isn't my first rodeo, I have learned quite a bit along the way as I have an older daughter that has been through the same process. My questions to you are...If you have such a problem with our coach, why would you argue points on this forum and not address your concerns with the coach directly? Why are you sticking around when there are so many options? Now, if I go back through your earlier posts, you have said that your daughter is on a top team, she is a starting defender that gets lot's of playing time and that you don't have any problems with the parents or coaches, and we all get along....what's so different now? Again, if you have budget or fundraising concerns bring them up. You shouldn't assume, it's best to seek clarification and transparency.

I am a parent nothing more, but I have learned you can never satify everyone and no one is perfect. Nonetheless, you have an obligation to advocate for your daughter and if you have an issue with the coach you need to address the matter before it spirals out of control. Believe me, this isn't my first rodeo, I have learned quite a bit along the way as I have an older daughter that has been through the same process. My questions to you are...If you have such a problem with our coach, why would you argue points on this forum and not address your concerns with the coach directly? Why are you sticking around when there are so many options? Now, if I go back through your earlier posts, you have said that your daughter is on a top team, she is a starting defender that gets lot's of playing time and that you don't have any problems with the parents or coaches, and we all get along....what's so different now? Again, if you have budget or fundraising concerns bring them up. You shouldn't assume, it's best to seek clarification and transparency.
Like I said Jules account has to be one of the coaches or their wives, just by the subtraction of all the parents that I know only 2 of the parents have daughters playing club soccer (both the coaches daughters). LOL . It's a shame that CDA Slammers insist on only seeing the dollar amount that this coach brings in not all the money he has been stealing for the last couple of years and believe me that I'm not the only one on the team that feels that way maybe we are all stupid about only winning and that's why we stick around and keep pumping money into the coaches pockets .

Like I said Jules account has to be one of the coaches or their wives, just by the subtraction of all the parents that I know only 2 of the parents have daughters playing club soccer (both the coaches daughters). LOL . It's a shame that CDA Slammers insist on only seeing the dollar amount that this coach brings in not all the money he has been stealing for the last couple of years and believe me that I'm not the only one on the team that feels that way maybe we are all stupid about only winning and that's why we stick around and keep pumping money into the coaches pockets .
You are out of line and it is obvious you do not have your daughter's best interest in mind. You have a different agenda my friend. This is not rocket science. Through process of elimination and by doing my research on your posts, it is clear to me that you are Frank. Your daughter is no longer on our team. She was a great defender & an awesome kid, its too bad really, shame on you! Additionally, excluding the coach's daughter there are 3 players with siblings that play club, but you wouldn't know that because your daughter is no longer on our team. Also, before accusing someone of stealing you should have proof to back that up, slander shouldn't be taken lightly. Our team is not all about winning. Our coaches stress player development to the fullest.

You are out of line and it is obvious you do not have your daughter's best interest in mind. You have a different agenda my friend. This is not rocket science. Through process of elimination and by doing my research on your posts, it is clear to me that you are Frank. Your daughter is no longer on our team. She was a great defender & an awesome kid, its too bad really, shame on you! Additionally, excluding the coach's daughter there are 3 players with siblings that play club, but you wouldn't know that because your daughter is no longer on our team. Also, before accusing someone of stealing you should have proof to back that up, slander shouldn't be taken lightly. Our team is not all about winning. Our coaches stress player development to the fullest.
I haven't been part of this team for as long as you been there but 1 year should count. unfortunately my ex wife has decided to keep her on this team so I'll have to bring my thoughts to practice.

tenor.gif

I can see how this can be entertaining to most but you have to agree how weired and deceiving it is for a parent to go to this extreme. Just know that Frank, AKA "JohnSnow" is no longer a part of CDA 09-Cruz team and not a credible resource.

How was this tournament overall? Organization, fields, competition, etc?

Is it worth of trip and the $ to go?
Overall, it was a great experience for our team and families. The tournament is very organized and you can tell it's put on by a professional sports event coordinator/business that handles big tournaments. The venue was nice, great fields, equipment was top notch. We had some weather delays but no cancellations. It was pricy, but our team did a lot of fundraising which helped offset the cost. The competition was good, some teams stood out more than others. The only thing that was truly dissapointing to us was the seeding rules but we are hoping to do it again and keeping our fingers crossed that they will host in California!

Back