Summer Goalkeeper Camps

Just wanted to find out experiences with great goalkeeper camps. Every time I go to look, I see the sales/money making groups and I don't trust anyone. Would love to hear experience with great camps and warnings of the not so good camps. Thanks!

I have heard very good things about the Cal South ODP Goalkeeper camp, which occurs at the same time as the finishing camp.
http://www.odpcamps.com/en/goalkeeping/

The ODP program will have some very good coaches and is a good opportunity to get you little one seen by the ODP scouts.
I saw that one and wondered if it was just a money maker because of the name. Now I am really bummed to know it is a good one because we have a vacation planned at the time they are doing her age group.

soccer+ for sure. My son went 3yrs in a row. Last year he and his roommate were in the NTC division. It is intense, physical, and teaches the player to be responsible. this year is at UC Riverside. Last years fields were awful per my son.

My kid enjoyed ODP camp tremendously! Timing has been awful since we went when she was younger. Always conflicts with CRL! grrrr

SoccerPlus absolutely. DD is an ECNL keeper (2002) and has attended Soccerplus camps for 3 summers - 2 of which were NTC (national Training Camp in CA). Very intense and GK focused. This year I'm taking her to the New York camp, which was recommended last year by the Director (and also Tony before he passed). She has also done the ODP camp and it's no comparison as far as quality and development.

Another amazing thing about the Soccerplus camps is the camaraderie between players, keepers and coaching staff. My DD literally knows keepers from every club West of the Mississipi - keeps in touch with them and they go and support each other at national tournaments. DD always gets the response of 'how do you know that person' - and her reply is that she met them at a Soccerplus camp.

The NTC camp is very tough and intense. My DD still has scars (turf burn, cleating herself, being cleated, etc.) but also enjoys sharing the inside jokes about being a keeper with other keepers.

SoccerPlus absolutely. DD is an ECNL keeper (2002) and has attended Soccerplus camps for 3 summers - 2 of which were NTC (national Training Camp in CA). Very intense and GK focused. This year I'm taking her to the New York camp, which was recommended last year by the Director (and also Tony before he passed). She has also done the ODP camp and it's no comparison as far as quality and development.

Another amazing thing about the Soccerplus camps is the camaraderie between players, keepers and coaching staff. My DD literally knows keepers from every club West of the Mississipi - keeps in touch with them and they go and support each other at national tournaments. DD always gets the response of 'how do you know that person' - and her reply is that she met them at a Soccerplus camp.

The NTC camp is very tough and intense. My DD still has scars (turf burn, cleating herself, being cleated, etc.) but also enjoys sharing the inside jokes about being a keeper with other keepers.

GREAT POINTS..........our DD's prolly know each other both 02's........She keeps in touch with and always looks for her Soccer Plus++ Keepers at all the events, I love that this the only position that can have its own Lingo and community......we will be at UC Riverside in July......NTC again as well..

Did you all see a difference in their game and/or confidence after sending them to the SoccerPlus camp?
Yes. My daughter came back more confident and excited about the camp and the keepers she had met. Unfortunately right after the camp she broke her arm in practice (a coach took a shot within the 18 and close to the 6). Once she came back from the injury it took awhile for her to get back to form.
It’s a good camp.

Yes. My daughter came back more confident and excited about the camp and the keepers she had met. Unfortunately right after the camp she broke her arm in practice (a coach took a shot within the 18 and close to the 6). Once she came back from the injury it took awhile for her to get back to form.
It’s a good camp.
Wow what a huge bummer! Thanks for the info!

3rd that for Ian's camps. They are short (2-3 hrs per day) but the kids get a workout and focus mainly on game situational tactics. Only issue is he doesn't set them until the last minute, so I find myself unable to plan my summer for fear of missing them (we missed his spring camp when my son got put on medical rest for a ball to the head). Tackett has one on the fourth of July week....also focuses on tactics.

Back