Stroll down memory lane

I was cleaning out old files and found a GU11 ranking I posted 6 years ago.

1. Surf White-bye
2. SBF Black- League Cup Finalist, but has been very consistent through out the GU11 season and are still SEN Co-Champions
3. Real SoCal White-League Cup Champs
4. Surf Blue-bye
5. SoCal Blues-Draluck-eliminated by Real SoCal White
5. Barcelona- eliminated by Real SoCal White
5. Infinity-eliminated by SBF Black, but in the Tourney of Champions
8. Real Cal Black-eliminated by LHSC Eclipse
8. WCFC-eliminated by SoCal Blues Draluck, but in the Tourney of Champions
10. Legends
11. Eclipse White
12. CV Manchester- bye
13. LA Rampage-Bye
14. Corona United Blue-bye
14. Chelsea Blue-in action at Tourney of Champions
15. Eagles-bye
16. PVSC Exiles-bye
16. United FC Black- in action at Tourney of Champions
18. SoCal Blues-Rennie-bye
19. Arsenal-in action at Tourney of Champions
20. Santa Barbara-bye
21. Slammers-bye
22. Beach FC-bye
23. Carlsbad Lightening-bye
24. Celtic Hoops-in action at Tourney of Champions
25. SD United- bye

Where are they now?

Aguilar2323
Ballhog
First to the ball
Footballer
Fun First
GolfKappa
Guesswho
Homer
Junior13
Just a carpool player
matchreport
Nutmegging
RealCalFan
Silny
Soccercrazy
Soccerdadg4
soccerusa
Speed Racer
Spongebob
SS2
Strikerdad
Outofreach
LAsoccer
Fortheteam

I was cleaning out old files and found a GU11 ranking I posted 6 years ago.

1. Surf White-bye
2. SBF Black- League Cup Finalist, but has been very consistent through out the GU11 season and are still SEN Co-Champions
3. Real SoCal White-League Cup Champs
4. Surf Blue-bye
5. SoCal Blues-Draluck-eliminated by Real SoCal White
5. Barcelona- eliminated by Real SoCal White
5. Infinity-eliminated by SBF Black, but in the Tourney of Champions
8. Real Cal Black-eliminated by LHSC Eclipse
8. WCFC-eliminated by SoCal Blues Draluck, but in the Tourney of Champions
10. Legends
11. Eclipse White
12. CV Manchester- bye
13. LA Rampage-Bye
14. Corona United Blue-bye
14. Chelsea Blue-in action at Tourney of Champions
15. Eagles-bye
16. PVSC Exiles-bye
16. United FC Black- in action at Tourney of Champions
18. SoCal Blues-Rennie-bye
19. Arsenal-in action at Tourney of Champions
20. Santa Barbara-bye
21. Slammers-bye
22. Beach FC-bye
23. Carlsbad Lightening-bye
24. Celtic Hoops-in action at Tourney of Champions
25. SD United- bye

Where are they now?

Aguilar2323
Ballhog
First to the ball
Footballer
Fun First
GolfKappa
Guesswho
Homer
Junior13
Just a carpool player
matchreport
Nutmegging
RealCalFan
Silny
Soccercrazy
Soccerdadg4
soccerusa
Speed Racer
Spongebob
SS2
Strikerdad
Outofreach
LAsoccer
Fortheteam

Wow that takes me back!!

I'm here! Gotta get my Katie Hawley avatar back. Awww, the good old days. Our first year on the big field. How funny when I look back - I thought my kiddo would die out there of exhaustion. Boy was I wrong. SCV Magic in the house!!! Our girls made a little noise that year at Slammers tourney. NoGoal - wasn't that the year you organized a little soccer shin-dig in Chino??? Invite only round-robin? Thanks for including SCV Magic. Madcow - Barcelona and LA Rampage - yep that is rockin' it "Old School."
Yes..we got absorbed by bigger clubs. Many of our girls are rocking it still at Eagles and RSC. College scholies for many...so proud.
And now we are an affiliate of RSC. SCV-RSC. Woo hoo.

Most proud of all the amazing parents on this forum in our age group. We have great kids, and we support them 100% It shows...our age group ROCKS. Our kids work hard, and we as parents work hard. Love you all.

What in the heck happened to the site? Everything is gone!!! Trying to redo the EPL Fantasy League and it's nowhere to be found!!!

I'm here! Gotta get my Katie Hawley avatar back. Awww, the good old days. Our first year on the big field. How funny when I look back - I thought my kiddo would die out there of exhaustion. Boy was I wrong. SCV Magic in the house!!! Our girls made a little noise that year at Slammers tourney. NoGoal - wasn't that the year you organized a little soccer shin-dig in Chino??? Invite only round-robin? Thanks for including SCV Magic. Madcow - Barcelona and LA Rampage - yep that is rockin' it "Old School."
Yes..we got absorbed by bigger clubs. Many of our girls are rocking it still at Eagles and RSC. College scholies for many...so proud.
And now we are an affiliate of RSC. SCV-RSC. Woo hoo.

Most proud of all the amazing parents on this forum in our age group. We have great kids, and we support them 100% It shows...our age group ROCKS. Our kids work hard, and we as parents work hard. Love you all.
Eh Silny, nice reading your post, it always brings a smile to my face :)

I hope you and your DD are well.

Nogoal, is still delusional as ever, soon reality will T-bone your delusions. Nothing is important as what was, it's just history, which isn't bad, if you don't have a future.

Nogoal, is still delusional as ever, soon reality will T-bone your delusions. Nothing is important as what was, it's just history, which isn't bad, if you don't have a future.

What reality are you talking about. His daughter will be a significant contributor in college. How about yours? Does Celtic even exist anymore? How has the club hopping gone for you?

Hi All ~ I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but thought "down Memory Lane" was most appropriate without having to start a whole new thread. Anyone who has been on this forum since the old days remembers Katie Hawley. We were U10 and U11s when this little child playing soccer for the Blues was diagnosed with cancer. Many of us followed her story; the ups and downs and in most recent years, the Ups. As we all settle in to either first year of college or senior year for our girls, it was nice for me to see that Katie was doing well. Proms, friends, pain free. Today her mom posted a note on the Caring Bridge sight that made my heart crack a bit. Katie had some headaches the past few days. A scan was done today. There is "something" on the right side of her brain. They will be doing a biopsy next Friday, but believe it is possibly neuroblastoma. Their battle is beginning all over. Please send positive thoughts out for this child and her family.

Hi All ~ I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but thought "down Memory Lane" was most appropriate without having to start a whole new thread. Anyone who has been on this forum since the old days remembers Katie Hawley. We were U10 and U11s when this little child playing soccer for the Blues was diagnosed with cancer. Many of us followed her story; the ups and downs and in most recent years, the Ups. As we all settle in to either first year of college or senior year for our girls, it was nice for me to see that Katie was doing well. Proms, friends, pain free. Today her mom posted a note on the Caring Bridge sight that made my heart crack a bit. Katie had some headaches the past few days. A scan was done today. There is "something" on the right side of her brain. They will be doing a biopsy next Friday, but believe it is possibly neuroblastoma. Their battle is beginning all over. Please send positive thoughts out for this child and her family.

Oh no. We just watched for play a few weeks ago and reiminsced about that game so many years ago when it seemed the whole soccer world stopped to cheer her on. More prayers again.

Silny,
Thank you for posting this. This is sad news for sure.
Positive thoughts heading her way

The battle is officially back on for Katie. Neuroblastoma. Chemo starts on 1/30. It seems like yesterday that the bells on the church rang at the very moment she stepped back onto the pitch for her return to play after being diagnosed. Cleaning my closets over Christmas I had come across the blue and lime bracelet that our team made tons of in support of her so many years ago. We wore that bracelet, or at least had it in, or on soccer bags for many years. Part of me thought, "...you can toss this now, everything is fine..." Another part of me said,"...never toss this out, it represents the struggle so many cancer patients have to go thru..." That "Blues-colored" bracelet is back tucked into my wallet. And my thoughts and prayers continue for Kit Kat. Go Blues!

The battle is officially back on for Katie. Neuroblastoma. Chemo starts on 1/30. It seems like yesterday that the bells on the church rang at the very moment she stepped back onto the pitch for her return to play after being diagnosed. Cleaning my closets over Christmas I had come across the blue and lime bracelet that our team made tons of in support of her so many years ago. We wore that bracelet, or at least had it in, or on soccer bags for many years. Part of me thought, "...you can toss this now, everything is fine..." Another part of me said,"...never toss this out, it represents the struggle so many cancer patients have to go thru..." That "Blues-colored" bracelet is back tucked into my wallet. And my thoughts and prayers continue for Kit Kat. Go Blues!

What a battle for this girl and her family. Continued prayers. We still have our bracelets in the soccer memory box.

I was so sad to see her current situation. Do you have her address that could be posted again? It was on the old forum website. Her family is devastated by this news and I think having cards and good wishes showing up in her mailbox may give them the encouragement to fight this fight once more.

Back