Stats...Do they really matter?

Buzz Cook

BRONZE
So, my question is: Do stats really matter? If so, at what level? My oldest daughter is currently U14 (ECNL) and plays forward. I have a love/hate relationship with watching her play...(to me) she looks like she's playing half speed compared to everyone around her, but she has always had a knack for scoring; 6 in her last 3 games. I only ask this question because I noted on a league website that one of her goals was mistakenly credited to another player. Should I simply let it go (because, honestly, who cares)? Or should I speak up on her behalf and try to have the mistake corrected?

I would say at U14 it probably doesn’t really matter..but then again your daughter earned it and deserves the recognition. So if she wants it fixed, then try to get it fixed.

So, my question is: Do stats really matter? If so, at what level? My oldest daughter is currently U14 (ECNL) and plays forward. I have a love/hate relationship with watching her play...(to me) she looks like she's playing half speed compared to everyone around her, but she has always had a knack for scoring; 6 in her last 3 games. I only ask this question because I noted on a league website that one of her goals was mistakenly credited to another player. Should I simply let it go (because, honestly, who cares)? Or should I speak up on her behalf and try to have the mistake corrected?

Pursue it to your and your daughter's last breath. If necessary, threaten to sue the bastards. On further thought, since the false data has already been public for some time, demand some extra compensation, such as credit for goals she didn't score.

Pursue it to your and your daughter's last breath. If necessary, threaten to sue the bastards. On further thought, since the false data has already been public for some time, demand some extra compensation, such as credit for goals she didn't score.
I concur.

In the media guide for my son's last college season, they said of his roommate that he set the school record for assists in one game (4), but in the stats column next to his picture they only show 1.

QUICK LINERS All-Big West Conference Second Team (2011, 2012).
Set UC Davis single-game assists record with four dimes in 4-2 win vs. Cal Poly (10/30/10) as a freshman.
Named Big West Conference/College Soccer 360 Player of the Week after scoring two goals vs. No. 7 UC Irvine (10/19/11).
All-Southern Section, all-area and All-Big VIII League pick at MLK as a senior.
Year G/ GS Goals Ast Pts Shots Pct.
2010 14/ 11 0 1 1 15 .000
2011 18/ 13 1 0 2 22 .045
2012 21/ 21 3 0 6 27 .111
Totals 53/ 45 4 1 9 64 .113

Ah happens ever year, let it go might be the only goal that player gets credit for all year.
A couple of seasons ago my DD got credit for 1 of 2 goals our right winger scored during CRL.

Now I'll admit my DD is aggressive and covers a lot of field, but she never crossed midfield that season while playing GK. :p

Do stats really matter? If so, at what level? My oldest daughter is currently U14 (ECNL) and plays forward. I have a love/hate relationship with watching her play...(to me) she looks like she's playing half speed compared to everyone around her, but she has always had a knack for scoring; 6 in her last 3 games. Should I simply let it go (because, honestly, who cares)? Or should I speak up on her behalf and try to have the mistake corrected?

Who cares?? You do! Otherwise, you wouldn't ask who cares, you wouldn't feel the need to tell us where (league) your daughter plays, how much she scores, how effortless she does it and most importantly, you wouldn't have posted such a silly question.

A couple of seasons ago my DD got credit for 1 of 2 goals our right winger scored during CRL.

Now I'll admit my DD is aggressive and covers a lot of field, but she never crossed midfield that season while playing GK. :p

Few times my son has fulled in as a keeper through the years in blowouts to try to get the regular one some stats, dribbled out to almost the half way line and attempted a cross but missed hit it to the top corner for a goalazzo. Getting a assist when the regular keeper scores is the best and they still talk about those when they meet up.

Tossing off the shirt in celebration, kids have done that a few times but when its near the final whistle did'nt care if they got carded or credit, about 50/50 on both counts. CR is like who scored and there all in the corner going crazy or whatever.

Now not getting the video footage of a great goal, yeah my kids care about that...Two kids that hadn't scored in years both got credit for scores this year on my kids teams by mistake and even though there parents weren't at the games they where pretty happy when the players told them so spread it around if you can.... Try to get every player on the score board each season no matter what....kids will remember that trust me on this one.

The goal that was scored is still being investigated and can not be credit to your DD yet.

Back