State Cup

Depends on what age group you are talking about. Below are the charts from both this year (the 2018 tournament) and this year (the 2017 tournament). The default for Flight 1 for most age groups for last year was National (as it was CSL Gold). Now the default for both Europa and Gold (except for U12/13) is the Presidents division (but teams can play up). I imagine there will be a fair number of the olders Europa teams playing up. Some did quite well against CSL Premier and SDDA teams in summer tournaments. If they don't play up then I suspect most of the final 8 teams in Presidents will be Europa/Gold teams. And it will certainly be interesting to see how the DPL teams do in the National bracket. The DPL clubs' "academy" teams, for the most part, didn't do particularly well in National Cup last year. I can't see their DPL teams improving on that.

2018:
2017:

View attachment 1546
I don't know what happened with the above post. The above shows last year's chart. Here is the current year (2018) chart:

upload_2017-10-10_8-56-3.png

Maybe this requires a different thread.
How does State Cup work for the rest of the country?
A quick google search of Michigan, Illinois and Florida (I have soccer playing friends in those states) looks like they play in Spring and only at the U14 and older age groups.
Spring makes sense in the Midwest due to weather concerns. But are these newly formed teams or is it the same as their fall team? When does tryout madness/cup tie rostering take place in other areas?

It is how its been for a while. Playoffs start the second week of November and end the following week, which is the week before Thanksgiving.
Unless there is rain. Looks like the 2003 Group last year took a few weeks.

Back