State Cup

I watched last week and yesterday and parking your team in the 18 so that TFA doesn't score off you is ridiculous. They're 10 years old, what are you teaching them? Also, I too have seen that Arsenal team play and they are good and they go after people. This sport is not meant to be a defensive, fearful of losing 0-4 sport like baseball. Let your kids show what they work their tails off to learn and enjoy them. Don't know if that Arsenal team sticks together into Academy next year, not sure who the Academy coach is but it's a fun team. TFA is just that good.

I watched last week and yesterday and parking your team in the 18 so that TFA doesn't score off you is ridiculous. They're 10 years old, what are you teaching them? Also, I too have seen that Arsenal team play and they are good and they go after people. This sport is not meant to be a defensive, fearful of losing 0-4 sport like baseball. Let your kids show what they work their tails off to learn and enjoy them. Don't know if that Arsenal team sticks together into Academy next year, not sure who the Academy coach is but it's a fun team. TFA is just that good.
Strikers completely parked the bus on TFA... Badddddddddd

Season finally over!
This spring will be an interesting one.
Alot of players already trying out at different DA clubs. Will also be interesting to see how many players will drop down to play their own age after this first year of new age matrix change.

To be perfectly honest with you, most teams try to play TFA their 1st meeting. Usually, they will "park the bus" on their 2nd attempt. State Cup is a winners tournament meaning "win this at all cost" if that means parking the bus to get to pk's then so be it. Is it frustrating? Yes. Can you raise the question how are they going to learn? Absolutely. You enter it to try and win it how ever your strategy may be otherwise just hand the trophy over to TFA their stats speak for themselves. I give credit to Laguna United for actually playing against TFA for the final. It showed character and to put it out there mano to mano especially with the windy conditions. They could have kicked it out all day long, parked the bus or whatever to get it to pk's but, they didn't. Good match and they kept it respectfully close. My hat's off to you Laguna, good luck next year you have a promising future if u can keep it up.

Arsenal players have developed very good chemistry in such short time. They all play for each other. The future is bright for this young squad. Looking forward to some good tournaments this off season.

No, they were all 60x90 and a few were probably a little smaller (60x85). I was a referee for a few games on Sunday and can tell you that the fields were the max size allowed, which sucks if you are a slightly out-of-shape referee. I would have much rather been on the smaller sized fields.

Then get out during the week and do some running. Then you will not be out of shape.

Congrats to TFA. Anyone video?
seesnake, remember the guy from Arsenal who was taping the game in front of you at Ryan Park, he taped the final. I don't know if they are going to use it for training purposes or what. Maybe you can IM the coach and see if you can get a copy. Us parents didn't have the calm enough nerves to tape it...lol

seesnake, remember the guy from Arsenal who was taping the game in front of you at Ryan Park, he taped the final. I don't know if they are going to use it for training purposes or what. Maybe you can IM the coach and see if you can get a copy. Us parents didn't have the calm enough nerves to tape it...lol
GOod call, thanks!

Back