State Cup-Wildcards

Not sure what you mean. Every age group is different. As one example, 2003 Boys Governors: Advancing to Next Round: top 2 place team(s) from each Bracket and 14 Wildcards. Check out the scoring page and it will tell you.

Thanks for the response. I read through the State Cup rule book and found what I was looking for. I was interested to see how each wildcard was seeded. Thanks again!

I think they have all (most?) have been posted with next rounds shown. Be sure to click the next tab.

As for those wondering about priority for tiebreakers, here are the State Cup rules:
1. The winner in head-to-head competition
2. Goal differential (goals scored minus goals allowed to a maximum differential of 4 per game)
3. Least goals allowed
4. Most goals scored
5. Shut-out wins (forfeits not counting)
6. FIFA kicks from the penalty mark
7. If there is a tie between two or more teams for wild card placement, step 6 will be replaced by a coin toss by the State Cup Program Coordinator or designee.
8. If more than two (2) teams are tied at the end of the preliminary round, the tiebreaker criteria listed shall be used in the order shown until one team is advanced or one team is eliminated, or both. If remaining teams are still tied at this point in the tie-breaking process, they will then be compared beginning again with step 1 until another team is either advanced or eliminated.

As for those wondering about priority for tiebreakers, here are the State Cup rules:
7. If there is a tie between two or more teams for wild card placement, step 6 will be replaced by a coin toss by the State Cup Program Coordinator or designee.
I see that the tiebreaker based on team registration number is no longer used and has been replaced by a coin toss. Any idea how long this has been the case?

Back