State Cup Results

I'm secretly rooting for anybody but SoCal CCU....
Why a team ranked 12th or 13th would step down into the President's cup is beyond me. Unless it's for the trophy of course...
Rooting for the underdogs over here!

Anyone have the background story on why the Westside Breakers coach got ejected in the Round of 16 game yesterday? I'm bored and want to hear a good story. ;)

Field: 25
Game # 597292
Time: 10:50 AM
Westside Breakers 05 White
Ejection: Nicholas Holton
DMCV Sharks G2005 - Favor
1 OT
Very bad behavior!!! So they were in PK's one of their players missed it. Coach comes on field and says to his player " you f'er we are losing this game because of you, if you did your job right this would not happen, we are losing because of you". So ref disqualified them.

Very bad behavior!!! So they were in PK's one of their players missed it. Coach comes on field and says to his player " you f'er we are losing this game because of you, if you did your job right this would not happen, we are losing because of you". So ref disqualified them.

Wow. Wtf.

You can't be serious!

SoccerMom05 I am assuming you are indulging TCD by making this up because my dd played for Nick at Westside Breakers and that doesn't sound like him AT ALL. Great guy actually. Not nice to mess with a coach's hard earned reputation like that. Next time try going more over the top with your story so people know you're joking.

I've heard of a few coaches that are great coaches while they are winning, but throw some losses at them and they quickly start blaming the girls for everything.

Is it an all-Coast final four for President's Cup?
It sure is:
I will give my rundown on the final 4 since I've had the pleasure to watch all four of these teams play in the past 6 months.

CCU Socal Academy: This is a well rounded team with a lot of heart. They can keep up with any of the top teams and as many have said, this is theirs to lose. I agree, but I would also say that they don't score a ton of goals against the stronger teams, so if one of these other teams can get one or two in on them it could be trouble.
PDSC: We played them in the League cup final in CSL. They have come a long way from when we played them in the Eagles summer tournament and put up 8+ goals. They also play with a lot of heart and have a strong defense and a great keeper that will give any of the remaining teams a hard time finishing even if the game is played in their half the majority of the time.
FC Golden State: This is a solid team that has obviously made some nice improvements since we last saw them in League play. Winning 4-0 over OC premier tells me they are moving in the right direction. Probably my lowest ranked of the 4 teams left, but they seem to be clicking at the right time.
BYSC: We played them to a 1-0 victory in league and the main thing I can remember from that game is that it was very competitive and they did not allow us to take many quality shots and were scrappy in the midfield making our team look pretty sloppy at times. Good pressure team, just not sure how much they have on the offensive side. But one game does not tell me that much.

My prediction is BYSC vs. CCU in the final with CCU winning it all, but I will be cheering for PDSC as I think that group of girls have come such a long way in such a short time it would be the best story if they could pull off two more big wins. Plus they are the only non-silver elite team of the 4!

I guess I was way off on that prediction.
Congrats to PDSC for getting to the final and to golden state for winning it all! Should be a pretty competitive year seeing these clubs making big improvements lately.

Part of me wants to believe the golden story behind FC Golden State G05 PDA East winning President's Cup today but reality doesn't let me.

So what's the story here?

Attachments

• IMG_5241.PNG
    IMG_5241.PNG
    238.8 KB · Views: 47
Part of me wants to believe the golden story behind FC Golden State G05 PDA East winning President's Cup today but reality doesn't let me.

League results don't speak to how scrappy they are. They pressed our IE Surf 05 girls in CRL after our girls beat them twice earlier in the year and bested our girls in that final matchup. They aren't the best in terms of possession but they get after it.

They consistently played against Flight 1 all season long even if the wins weren't there. They had a good shot going into Presidents and followed through.

Congratulations to GSA 05's!! It was a total team effort. They played with heart from the opening whistle. Both teams fought for every ball with intensity, good physical game. They did not allow us to settle down and move the ball like we have been all tournament. Even then, we had our chances. Can't remember the last time I saw a game where every single player on the pitch was giving every ounce of effort possible.

Congratulations to GSA 05's!! It was a total team effort. They played with heart from the opening whistle. Both teams fought for every ball with intensity, good physical game. They did not allow us to settle down and move the ball like we have been all tournament. Even then, we had our chances. Can't remember the last time I saw a game where every single player on the pitch was giving every ounce of effort possible.
Haha, assuming you are a PDSC parent. Your team was lucky to have been in the final

Back