State Cup - Governors

labanLB

BRONZE
I know a majority of you have kids playing Tier 1. Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight or thoughts on this side of State Cup.

Beyond the major field location change (better?), I will find it interesting which of the bigger clubs pull up a few players to help their Flight One squads versus those clubs where their top teams are here in Governors. From the SCDSL side, I would guess Legends FC South is a favorite, along with one of the Blues. Weather should be okay this weekend, so unlike in years past, that shouldn’t play a role.

I know a majority of you have kids playing Tier 1. Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight or thoughts on this side of State Cup.
I am providing no insight here as I have only seen a handful of these teams play but thought it might be fun to see how it would play out if the current ysrankings were used. For wildcards, I just took the 10 highest rated teams that weren't the highest rated team in their bracket.

Round of 32
Santa Monica United vs CDA Slammers Bautista
NADO vs LA Galaxy OC Harrison
Sherman Oaks Extreme vs CDA Slammers Silva
So Cal Blues Mulligan vs Legends Gold
Legends Gray vs So Cal Blues Leslie
Albion Premier Zellmer vs IE Surf West
Albion South vs Legends South
Oceanside Breakers vs OVC
Arsenal LA vs Strikers North SO
Rebels Gold vs Eagles White
Anaheim Surf Warman vs Real So Cal PC White
DMCV Sharks Hammond vs OC Premier Orange
Strikers South Bay White vs VC Fusion
CSC Red vs Beach FC Torres
BYSC Corona United vs Pateadores IER
RSF Attack Green vs Slammers Devine

Round of 16
CDA Slammers Bautista vs LA Galaxy OC Harrison
Sherman Oaks Extreme vs So Cal Blues Mulligan
So Cal Blues Leslie vs IE Surf West
Legends South vs Oceanside Breakers
Strikers North SO vs Rebels Gold
Real So Cal PC White vs DMCV Sharks Hammond
Strikers South Bay White vs Beach FC Torres
BYSC Corona United vs RSF Attack

Quarterfinals
LA Galaxy OC Harrison vs So Cal Blues Mulligan
IE Surf West vs Legends South
Strikers North SO vs Real So Cal PC White
Strikers South Bay White vs BYSC Corona United

Semifinals
LA Galaxy OC Harrison vs Legends South
Real So Cal PC White vs Strikers South Bay White

Finals
Legends South (#17) vs Strikers South Bay White (#19)

You are lucky then. Our games down that way are not.
RYAN PARK FIELDS, ESCONDIDO ARE CLOSED
. . . . . . MAYORS DIVISION GAMES ONLY ARE CANCELLED AT SOCAL COMPLEX, OCEANSIDE (Governors Division games will be played.)
. . . . . . SANTA CLARITA CENTRAL PARK FIELDS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO SILVERLAKES, NORCO.

With not every 2nd place team moving on to 2nd round, certainly makes every game important as far as GF and GA. My dd part of the ryan park postponement but looking forward to any insight on how the games went this weekend.

Of the group that played, Blues would be my pick for someone to watch. I’m still wondering how they balance this lost weekend for so many other teams. Do they give the other teams a week off? I cannot imagine that being the case - somehow, somewhere - they need to catch up, and that could be to the detriment of the teams that didnt play this weekend. Am I wrong in that?

Of the group that played, Blues would be my pick for someone to watch. I’m still wondering how they balance this lost weekend for so many other teams. Do they give the other teams a week off? I cannot imagine that being the case - somehow, somewhere - they need to catch up, and that could be to the detriment of the teams that didnt play this weekend. Am I wrong in that?
Definitely think it will hurt our team...and I imagine many others who didn't play. But not too much to be done...I think most teams have missed quite a few practices and a tourney or at least a friendly or two. But certainly another week off doesn't help. Thanks for the update.

Not having the top two of each group qualify made for some "killer instinct" coaching tactics where every goal was so important. There will be some 2W 1L teams that will not move even with an impressive GD.

Agree. Even the simplicity of the way the points were given made it hard to see a separation. I think it would’ve been better to give points on goals scored, and on a shut out. At least this would provided some cleaner separation on the wildcards. Additionally, I wish that site would update faster.

Should be interesting to see how things play out for the wildcards. All the other results were updated in the other age groups. I'm thinking they are waiting on a dispute for a game or the person updating the scores had better things to do.... the Superbowl. I don't blame that person. Lol!

Back