Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Eagles

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Slammers

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Surf

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Out of the remaining four. Surf plays the best soccer, Slammers has the best team, Eagles has the best (Most impactful) player and Blues has the best pedigree for State Cup success.

Out of the remaining four. Surf plays the best soccer, Slammers has the best team, Eagles has the best (Most impactful) player and Blues has the best pedigree for State Cup success.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. While I believe Surf is a very good team I do not believe they play better soccer than Slammers. Surf has what may be the best player on the pitch but Slammers seems to have the overall edge as a team, again only my opinion. I believe the last few matches Slammers have had the edge over Surf. Either way the four best teams are in the final and I wish them all luck.

Hats of to Slammers-- they played a great game today. Very well rounded team- fast, skilled players that used the width of the field well.
I thought both teams played with a ton of effort --even going into overtime in the heat, was a good game. Slammers was the better team today - Congrats!

Good luck to both Surf and Slammers in the final!
(Wish it was closer-- I'd be there with the popcorn for sure! Can someone post a game update or two please on here?? Thanks!)

The 4 best teams made it to the end. Surf did it again, but Slammers, Blues and Eagles are good enough to win it all. The close scores in the semi-final and final games prove that. The 4 teams play with different styles and levels of skill, but you have to agree that these 4 teams play at a high level for 10 year olds and will battle it out into the foreseeable future. Before the trolls come out at night, I will also say that there are other teams in G07 that are elite and in the mix on any given sat/sun. However, hard to argue that these 4 teams are not the best (at the moment).

Surfs the best team, the last two state cups supports that statement. Under the amounts of pressure that comes with playing in state cup, Surf refuses to be dethrone. I will agree that the other teams are talented but not as talented as Surf. I think Surf showed their class this particular state cup with a target on their back. Every team always gives us their best shot and with their backs against the wall these girls always respond. Surfs not invincible and can be defeated but they are still the best team. They had some losses this year more than last year. From those of you that follow the 07 group very closely you know that field conditions(bad fields) can impact results and sometimes scorelines don’t tell the whole story. Scorlines won’t tell you that a team parked the bus after the opposing team got a good bounce and the ball found the goal. The way the coach approaches a particular gm can impact the scoreline as well. Maybe the coach decides that SCDSL will be developmental(going undefeated in SCDSL can be misleading because of this) with everyone getting equal playing time and not always the same girls starting. With that being said, yes the final was close(3-2) but Surf would never tie a team like Force(1-1). Force is a good team but they aren’t strong like Galaxy South Bay, Galaxy OC, Legends, Albion, Eagles, Slammers, Blues, Surf. Other teams are good but Surfs the best team.

Surf did not use a guest player at any time. I know some teams that won a couple tournaments with guest players but not Surf.

The 4 best teams made it to the end. Surf did it again, but Slammers, Blues and Eagles are good enough to win
Surfs the best team, the last two state cups supports that statement. Under the amounts of pressure that comes with playing in state cup, Surf refuses to be dethrone. I will agree that the other teams are talented but not as talented as Surf. I think Surf showed their class this particular state cup with a target on their back. Every team always gives us their best shot and with their backs against the wall these girls always respond. Surfs not invincible and can be defeated but they are still the best team. They had some losses this year more than last year. From those of you that follow the 07 group very closely you know that field conditions(bad fields) can impact results and sometimes scorelines don’t tell the whole story. Scorlines won’t tell you that a team parked the bus after the opposing team got a good bounce and the ball found the goal. The way the coach approaches a particular gm can impact the scoreline as well. Maybe the coach decides that SCDSL will be developmental(going undefeated in SCDSL can be misleading because of this) with everyone getting equal playing time and not always the same girls starting. With that being said, yes the final was close(3-2) but Surf would never tie a team like Force(1-1). Force is a good team but they aren’t strong like Galaxy South Bay, Galaxy OC, Legends, Albion, Eagles, Slammers, Blues, Surf. Other teams are good but Surfs the best team.

And with that, the punctuationally deprived trolls are out...

Blues may have used guest players but hats off to these ladies for 9 v 9 throughout State Cup.

Blues playing with no subs had nothing to do with Surf beating them in State Cup. Trolly troll, facts are facts. Blues goalie is an excellent/fantastic goalkeeper.

You are correct, Surf is the best team at 10 years old for winning the tournament. They have won back to back State Cups and those little girls deserve all the credit. I do not however agree with you saying "other teams are talented but not as talented as Surf"?? As you know at this age and with 9 V 9 one girl can take over a game;) I do not believe Surfs team top to bottom is more "talented" than some of the other teams out there and I cant wait to see the development of all these kids as they begin to grow, get older and move to the big field. I am not sure why the knock on Slammers for tying Force nor can you predict that Surf would "never tie a team like Force" that's a pretty ignorant statement and I as a parent of a Force player find that extremely funny. Surf indeed won State Cup and back to back years at that. The girls have so much to be proud of and lets keep it at that! Oh and congrats on not using borrowed players.

Hopefully the players are taught the difference between confidence and arrogance.

Back