Spring League?

Last year we did EGSL....
This year we are trying Coast Soccer League Spring League....playing up a year...I noticed IE Surf doing the same as us...

That or arrange scrimmages and save money!

We did that the year before EGSL...it was fine but found more difficult to set up scrimmages-- we are so far out in Camarillo- hard to get teams to come to us, so we still had to travel & when we did get teams to us-still had to pay to get our fields lined and find refs, etc...
It was actually alot of work to only get in a handful of scrimmages...this way we are guaranteed lots of games with a variety of teams, refs that show up, etc...
So for us a spring league works.
But I can totally see out in LA, OC or SD when you have so many quality teams in close proximity-- setting up scrimmages would work well :)

We did that the year before EGSL...it was fine but found more difficult to set up scrimmages-- we are so far out in Camarillo- hard to get teams to come to us, so we still had to travel & when we did get teams to us-still had to pay to get our fields lined and find refs, etc...
It was actually alot of work to only get in a handful of scrimmages...this way we are guaranteed lots of games with a variety of teams, refs that show up, etc...
So for us a spring league works.
But I can totally see out in LA, OC or SD when you have so many quality teams in close proximity-- setting up scrimmages would work well :)

The spring league in Oxnard is just starting up this weekend? What age group are you?

Back