Slammers FC Classic & Excessive Heat Warning

Should games be played tomorrow in Norco at the health risk of our children?

• Total voters
See the poll above. This weekend is the Slammers FC Classic now held in Norco at the Silverlakes complex. There is now an excessive heat warning for that area until 9pm Saturday night. Its expected to be over 115. If you play on turf could reach over 130 degrees

Should the games be played tomorrow in Norco with the below excessive heat warning?

https://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/048.html?MR=1

Last edited:
Says 105F Saturday and 99F on Sunday. I would say borderline for cancelling/moving all games off of turf. Should be water breaks during each half. Glad we didn't sign up for this tournament. This is why we like to play in tournaments along coastal cities in the summer as much as possible.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:92860.1.99999
True but the 99 now feels like 105 so what does 105 feel like in the high humidity tomorrow. My weather says actually 115 there tomorrow The Excessive heat warning can't be ignored.

Do you think a poll on the soccer forum is going to change their minds? I applaud the effort, but you must rally the support of the Club Officials, not the Forum.

Do you think a poll on the soccer forum is going to change their minds? I applaud the effort, but you must rally the support of the Club Officials, not the Forum.
That was a "wait and see" so if enough coaches and managers see this then hopefully they will also email the powers that be of the risk and concern.

Jesus christ...im reffing tomorrow there, just great. There needs to be reform in calsouth, posting on forums aint enough!!! We have health concerns in this area relating to the sun, yet we allow injustices like this to happen.

A little fyi, scheduling morning games has to be the stupidest idea possible...from 10 to 2 pm your risk for cancer significantly increases!! No exact stats on me right now but Ive done a presentation in college recently on the suns effects on the human body...these sports organizations do no justice for us..

CRL pay in rounds for olders are also tomorrow at Galway and San Bernardino. Both places will be over 108. Stupid if you ask me.

CRL pay in rounds for olders are also tomorrow at Galway and San Bernardino. Both places will be over 108. Stupid if you ask me.
they csnt play at night???? Payin all this dough yet no support whatsoever to schedule games decently...

What do teams expect when they sign up for a tournament in Norco in the middle of summer? Can't imagine watching games in that heat let alone actually being on the field.

What do teams expect when they sign up for a tournament in Norco in the middle of summer? Can't imagine watching games in that heat let alone actually being on the field.
Exactly. Slammers is based out of Newport Beach. Why hold their tournament 40 miles inland in the middle of summer?
Is the answer "money"?

I wouldnt run my dog in that heat. Have any of you who said "play as scheduled" read about the USC player who died recently of heat exhaustion? Seriously. Whats your priority here?

Exactly. Slammers is based out of Newport Beach. Why hold their tournament 40 miles inland in the middle of summer?
Is the answer "money"?

Tournaments held at multiple locations kinda suck. Would much rather be at one of the complexes than spread out among 7 different venues. Give the kids water breaks, hydrate and all should be fine.

Is the answer "money"?
exactly!!! Hate going to norco, this is California, yet we cant play games in a nice coastal city, or centrally in a non desert area :/

Tournaments held at multiple locations kinda suck. Would much rather be at one of the complexes than spread out among 7 different venues. Give the kids water breaks, hydrate and all should be fine.
Says the person who will be watching from the sideline under the protection of shade and a cold beverage in hand no doubt. If you've never witnessed someone with a true heat emergency you should be thankful.
My daughter plays GK so I'm extra concerned with heat. Especially playing on turf. Where to draw the line between wearing pants and long sleeves for protection from the turf vs comfort in the heat. Add a pair of gloves to the mix. She'll usually opt for pants and short sleeves if it's hot. I guess at that point "all should be fine" right?! No need for a response. It was a rhetorical question.

Vegas here and it's doable... drink plenty of water and shift the games to either early morning or after 6. Reschedule games that are at the hottest points of the day. Water breaks are given every 15 minutes during the games . Bring plenty of tissue for the nose bleeds.Sorry guys, we play in this heat all the time. Definitely move off of turf your cleats will literally melt.

Back