Since when are we "normalizing" Monday games?

Years ago, most league games were held on Saturdays, with a few Sundays here and there.
Now, Sunday games are the norm.
It seems we are trending toward Monday games now.
The SoCal "College" Showcase had 1 game Saturday, 1 game Sunday and 1 game on Monday afternoon. (And NPL playoffs also had a monday game)
I AM in favor of not playing 2 games in a day. But we have about 6 weeks of school left- Why are we scheduling Monday games while kids are still in school? (It's hard enough to leave work early- But to ask kids to play 2 games, sit in class all day, drive an hour to silverlakes and play in a meaningless game- No wonder participation numbers are dropping)

What about the NorCal and out of state teams? They don't have the option to attend school today. Ridiculous!

Years ago, most league games were held on Saturdays, with a few Sundays here and there.
Now, Sunday games are the norm.
It seems we are trending toward Monday games now.
The SoCal "College" Showcase had 1 game Saturday, 1 game Sunday and 1 game on Monday afternoon. (And NPL playoffs also had a monday game)
I AM in favor of not playing 2 games in a day. But we have about 6 weeks of school left- Why are we scheduling Monday games while kids are still in school? (It's hard enough to leave work early- But to ask kids to play 2 games, sit in class all day, drive an hour to silverlakes and play in a meaningless game- No wonder participation numbers are dropping)
Add Friday games as well coach.

I got an email from our club wanting guest players for an older DPL team playing a Monday game at a college showcase. Uh, no thanks. That's insane. None of those kids are playing college soccer. And even if they were-- why miss school exactly? The 52 weekends of the year aren't enough?!!? I'm with Mr. Get of My Lawn

The SoCal showcase only needed to play two games. One Saturday and one Sunday. That is plenty. Especially at this point in the season, with fatigue, injuries, and a lot going on for high school students (prom, school, track, etc). They meant well by offering three games, but even ECNL showcases have a small turnout on the third day. It is just not necessary.

My daughter's games (U17) for Sunday and Monday were both removed due to the other team forfeiting. My son's team (also U17) wasn't as lucky and his game on Monday was at 5pm. Such a nice easy drive to Silverlakes from the SGV on a Monday afternoon...not

Seems that we are also playing games on Mother's Day now. This is the first year that I can recall games actually being played on the Sunday of Mother's day. Definitely seen games played the Saturday before.
And Father's Day is not a big deal for most. But Mother's Day? You don't mess with the moms!!!!

Seems that we are also playing games on Mother's Day now. This is the first year that I can recall games actually being played on the Sunday of Mother's day. Definitely seen games played the Saturday before.
And Father's Day is not a big deal for most. But Mother's Day? You don't mess with the moms!!!!
It has always been games on Mother's day as long as I remember. Mother's Day is not a National Holiday.... and why Father's day any different from Mother's day?

We have been to many games on Mother's Day over the years. Someone would usually arrange for coffee and treats for the mom's.

We had games scheduled on Easter Sunday.

Back