Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

We played the So Cal Showcase last year..all of the four games were above 95 degrees. It was 100 degrees already at 10 am for the final. Miserable! So glad we aren't going this year.

okay maybe a heat index of 85 or less. At a heat index of 85 that is equal to a temperature of 105 F with 10% humidity. Which is a typical summer day in Norco
There must be/ should be a formula that combines heat and humidity, I think humidity is a huge contributor, stops the body from cooling itself.

There must be/ should be a formula that combines heat and humidity, I think humidity is a huge contributor, stops the body from cooling itself.
heatindexchart-650.jpg

We played the So Cal Showcase last year..all of the four games were above 95 degrees. It was 100 degrees already at 10 am for the final. Miserable! So glad we aren't going this year.
At least you were able to play on Sunday last year. I think the teams at Surf would gladly have traded places with your team.

Silverlakes is a great venue alternative for most families EXCEPT for Summer. Just crazy hot during this time period. Similar to Palm Springs golf, great 9 months a year or if you play it has to be before 1030am or at night.....

Silverlakes is a great venue alternative for most families EXCEPT for Summer. Just crazy hot during this time period. Similar to Palm Springs golf, great 9 months a year or if you play it has to be before 1030am or at night.....
Also, when Great Park finishes adding their additional fields that might be the best ticket--- cooler, centrally located and the parking - entering/exiting will be better

Why Cali I am confused ?
What happened last year? Rain?
The last time Silverlakes and Surf were run concurrently, the Surf event ended prematurely due to rain. It will be hot, but not Palm Springs hot, in Norco. And, as soon as it is done, it will be nice for supporters to have the Silverlakes Fieldhouse available to escape the heat and have a cold one.

Last edited:
And isn't it a typical NoGoal post to cite everything wrong with Silverlakes and pump up Surf???
I think we all know who Cali and NoGoal support, but there is no getting away from the facts, it's fricken hot in the summer at Silver Lakes and it is a drive going to Surf, at least for us. We rarely stay in San Diego for the tournament as I don't mind the drive.
However, I was very disappointed with the coach/scout turnout at the legends show case in early june, even Blues Baker only had 1 or 2 watching and that was Sunday AM.

The last time Silverlakes and Surf were run concurrently, the Surf event ended prematurely due to rain. It will be hot, but not Palm Springs hot, in Norco. And, as soon as it is done, it will be nice for the supporters to have the Silverlakes Fieldhouse available to escape the heat and have a cold one.

Because all of the many options within a couple minutes of the Surf facilities clearly suck. You are such a homer.

I think we all know who Cali and NoGoal support, but there is no getting away from the facts, it's fricken hot in the summer at Silver Lakes and it is a drive going to Surf, at least for us. We rarely stay in San Diego for the tournament as I don't mind the drive.
However, I was very disappointed with the coach/scout turnout at the legends show case in early june, even Blues Baker only had 1 or 2 watching and that was Sunday AM.
I live in the IE and my DD just played in the Legends SilverLakes College Showcase a couple of werks back. Sure nice fields and all, but there is nothing to do in Norco! I would take Oceanside over Norco any day of the week for a college showcase.

And isn't it a typical NoGoal post to cite everything wrong with Silverlakes and pump up Surf???
Sorry, to break the news to you, but my DD never played for Surf. So I am not biased as CaliKlines is to anything Legends or National League or now Girls DA.

It's a no brainer at the present time....Surf College Cup is a more prestigious college showcase than SilverLakes. Can that change of course with time, but to pump up SilverLakes after 1 year is asinine.

Sheriff Joe, are you posting about the college turnout at the Legends College Showcase at SilverLakes a couple weeks back? I was there for a WPSL game and I agree I didn't see many college coaches gracing many sidelines. I didn't want to post that until somebody else saw the same thing though.

For what it's worth, there weren't any relevant college coaches at MCC either.

Because all of the many options within a couple minutes of the Surf facilities clearly suck. You are such a homer.
Exactly, much more to do in the adjacent cities of Oceanside with Carlsbad and Del Mar vs Norco with Ontario, Corona and Chino Hills. The girls can always go cow tipping, if they are feeling adventurous.

Back