Silverlakes Summer Showcase?

Good point, but then why not just make it a showcase? No champion. No medals. No quarters, semis or finals. Oh yeah and no GotSoccer points. Then no one can call it unfair. And people will continue to attend instead of opting for the other showcase option.
Because it's Surf Cup technically a tournamnet and not The Surf College Cup Showcase in November that doesn't crown a champion.

Good point, but then why not just make it a showcase? No champion. No medals. No quarters, semis or finals. Oh yeah and no GotSoccer points. Then no one can call it unfair. How about reducing the price too. Then people can't call it a money grab. Then people may continue to attend instead of opting for the other college showcase option without all the baloney.

You seem to be complaining just to complain.

You seem to be complaining just to complain.
No, honestly, I was trying to be helpful.

Just relaying what I have heard. It would seem any business would want to know why their customers are unhappy or leaving, especially when the competition sets up shop across town, but I guess not. Really, my kids are in great positions so, dare I say you are correct NoGoal, it doesn't really affect them.. Maybe I'm just a bit nostalgic for something that was really fun and special, and probably was the best tournament of all if you could get in -- but has basically become something else, as in: just a regular old tournament.

No, honestly, I was trying to be helpful.

Just relaying what I have heard. It would seem any business would want to know why their customers are unhappy or leaving, especially when the competition sets up shop across town, but I guess not. Really, my kids are in great positions so, dare I say you are correct NoGoal, it doesn't really affect them.. Maybe I'm just a bit nostalgic for something that was really fun and special, and probably was the best tournament of all if you could get in -- but has basically become something else, as in: just a regular old tournament.
IMO, your worrying about if college coaches are going to watch your DD play. It's natural, I recall scanning the college coach sidelines when my DD was U15. I was so antsy to see which coaches came to see my DD play which she sent emails to.

Are Surf and SilverLakes unlimited substitutions?

Here is what each tournaments riles state about substitutions. Silverlakes rules to not specify a difference in subs for DA and non-DA.

Surf Cup:
SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may substitute only with the referee's permission and only at the following times:

Substitutions shall be unlimited except where specified otherwise in the rules and regulations for a special competition.

For US Soccer Development Academy Divisions, seven substitutions will be allowed per game with no re-entry over 3 stoppages. US Soccer Development Academy 2004 teams are allowed unlimited substitutions.

For Non-DA divisions Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play. (USYSA Rule 302 Cal South Rule 2.9)

Silverlakes:
SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may substitute only with the referee's permission and only at the following times: Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play.

Good point, but then why not just make it a showcase? No champion. No medals. No quarters, semis or finals. Oh yeah and no GotSoccer points. Then no one can call it unfair. How about reducing the price too. Then people can't call it a money grab. Then people may continue to attend instead of opting for the other college showcase option without all the baloney.

Surf Cup evidently has no problem attracting teams and a good number of the top teams. Some people like the showcase format and others like to see a winner crowned. There is nothing wrong with having multiple options. For the weekend of 29 July there are six tournaments/showcases listed on the CalSouth webpage with four of those, including Surf Cup, being played in San Diego County.

An observation from Albion Cup this past weekend. The fields at the Oceanside complex were in really good shape. Best shape I have seen them in over the past year. The fields will be closed for the next two weeks so they should be in great shape for Surf Cup.

Surf Soccer Club does not run Surf Cup. Surf Cup Sports runs Surf Cup.

Surf Cup evidently has no problem attracting teams and a good number of the top teams. Some people like the showcase format and others like to see a winner crowned. There is nothing wrong with having multiple options. For the weekend of 29 July there are six tournaments/showcases listed on the CalSouth webpage with four of those, including Surf Cup, being played in San Diego County.

An observation from Albion Cup this past weekend. The fields at the Oceanside complex were in really good shape. Best shape I have seen them in over the past year. The fields will be closed for the next two weeks so they should be in great shape for Surf Cup.

Surf Soccer Club does not run Surf Cup. Surf Cup Sports runs Surf Cup.

I also watched a couple of Albion Cup games and I agree with your assessment of the fields. I wasn't pleased by the $10 for parking but that is pretty much par for the course. I pay about the same for my player's home games so no big deal.

I also watched a couple of Albion Cup games and I agree with your assessment of the fields. I wasn't pleased by the $10 for parking but that is pretty much par for the course. I pay about the same for my player's home games so no big deal.

At least they paved the main road into the parking area. Now they need to pave the rest of the parking lot so my car does not get covered with dirt.

It's a fairly simple process, the Power 5 recruits YNT players, YNT Pool, then ID2/ODP teams/PDP, then players from top teams on down. Now with Girls DA, I'm sure they will have an ID program a step below YNT camp invites.
i thought u and map said that colleges dont recruit teams, they recruit individuals? U said it doesnt matter what team to be on and coaches will even come to consolation games to see individual players? doesn't this say u should play on the best team possible to get recruited? which is it?

I read that U14G DA is unlimited. I believe u15 and up is following DA subbing rules
Here is what each tournaments riles state about substitutions. Silverlakes rules to not specify a difference in subs for DA and non-DA.

Surf Cup:
SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may substitute only with the referee's permission and only at the following times:

Substitutions shall be unlimited except where specified otherwise in the rules and regulations for a special competition.

For US Soccer Development Academy Divisions, seven substitutions will be allowed per game with no re-entry over 3 stoppages. US Soccer Development Academy 2004 teams are allowed unlimited substitutions.

For Non-DA divisions Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play. (USYSA Rule 302 Cal South Rule 2.9)

Silverlakes:
SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may substitute only with the referee's permission and only at the following times: Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play
Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate you.

i thought u and map said that colleges dont recruit teams, they recruit individuals? U said it doesnt matter what team to be on and coaches will even come to consolation games to see individual players? doesn't this say u should play on the best team possible to get recruited? which is it?

Must it be spelled out for you? The P5 and top mid-major programs recruit the players with accolades first. These players are offered the most scholarship money. Hence they recruit players not teams! Example a player with a lot of accolades can play for a last place ECNL/GDA team and still be highly recruited over a player with no individual accolades and plays for a Championship ECNL/GDA team.

Now if a player is lacking individual accolades, then it's best to play for a brand name club such as Blues, Slammers and Surf. This will provide maximum exposure the player, because the club name itself will make college coaches open the email and read about the player.

You are clearly barely literate. How many times does it have to be spelled out to you?

@Surfref do you know what the tournaments (Surf & Silver) have decided as far as total game minutes? 50? 60?...90? #curious
RULES OF PLAY

FIFA Laws of the Game will apply as modified by USYSA and Cal South as described herein.

Duration of Games by Halves, and Ball Size is as follows:

Ball Size – 5

1998, 1999, 2000 - 45 minute halves

2001 and 2002 - 40 minute halves

2003 and 2004 - 35 minute halves

Games can end in a tie.

HALF TIME: Half Time will be 10 minutes

GAME CHECK-IN CONDUCT: Teams will present their player and staff cards to the referee prior to the start of each game. Each team must have a representative responsible for collecting the player/staff cards at the end of each game.

SUBSTITUTIONS: Teams may substitute only with the referee’s permission and only at the following times: Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play. Once a player has been substituted they are not able reenter the game until the next half.

Back