Silverlakes - forecast 90% rain this Saturday

dawson

SILVER ELITE
Right now the weather channel is forecasting 90% chance of rain for this Saturday.
Rainfall around 1/2 inch .

Is this enough to close Silverlakes this Saturday for State and National Cup ?

With all the other days they have cancelled are they running out of options
to reschedule ?

Right now the weather channel is forecasting 90% chance of rain for this Saturday.

to reschedule ?
as of 5:30 they closed oceanside and escondido for this weekend. Rain is in forecast for next Wed/Thurs. Our original games were to start 2/2 and we are yet to play one game

to reschedule ?
They could cancel and take the chance of rain with new a date the following week. Understand there are financial investments made by all parties and the fields will suffer. Yet there is a point where the personal lives of the families need to take precedent and not be put on hold. Enough cancellations have been made. So, just play the games in the rain. And get it done.
*Addendum-there are other non-soccer events at that location on the horizon. They may be forced to proceed.

Last edited:
What does it matter if a bunch of 12 year olds play their games in the middle of March v. Late February. Sure Easter Vacation has some impact, but its State Cup and the rain is outside the control of everybody and we have had terrible luck this year with really good rainfall on Thurs-Sunday. Do we really want the fields to get trashed? I say no. Protect the fields. People also have to get hotels, etc. and it sucks to have to pay for 2 nights of hotels, when 1 of those nights is for a Sunday that has been cancelled.

Admittedly, my kid's team is National Cup 2001's so we are way off from starting, but if its get's pushed back a week or two or three, its no big deal too me ... I'm still going to be there and enjoying the game, I've only got a few more State/National Cups before he's done (he is a 2003).

Orders presidents cup is supposed to have their schedule released today. We are supposed to play March 30th. Which is the start of our Spring Break. I hope they announce today that they are pushing us out a week so I can book a trip to Cabo.

What does it matter if a bunch of 12 year olds play their games in the middle of March v. Late February. Sure Easter Vacation has some impact, but its State Cup and the rain is outside the control of everybody and we have had terrible luck this year with really good rainfall on Thurs-Sunday. Do we really want the fields to get trashed? I say no. Protect the fields. People also have to get hotels, etc. and it sucks to have to pay for 2 nights of hotels, when 1 of those nights is for a Sunday that has been cancelled.

Admittedly, my kid's team is National Cup 2001's so we are way off from starting, but if its get's pushed back a week or two or three, its no big deal too me ... I'm still going to be there and enjoying the game, I've only got a few more State/National Cups before he's done (he is a 2003).
Beach FC is hosting a tourney on 3/23-24 at Silver Lakes. Not much room to keep pushing.

And SCDSL Spring Showcase is in Del Mar on March 30-31.
Are any state/national cup games played at surf cup sports park?

Due to all of these cancellations with the youngers tournaments, CRL had to move some March 9/10 games to other fields. If something comes up to reschedule those games my daughter's team is hosed. They are booked every weekend and have no place to move games. I'm pretty sure that CRL has to be completed before round 2 of National Cup anyways. I suppose they would play 2 games per day if they had to.

He good news is all theses delays allowed my daughters broken hand to heal. Much needed for a goal keeper. Bad news is now interfering with start of SCNPL spring league.

When do you think they will make a decision about Silverlakes?
I called CalSouth yesterday because we are at Galway this weekend and they didn't have any cancellations except SoCal Complex and Ryan Park are cancelled. Our families need to know cause some booked hotels and they would have to cancel today

They pushed back the announcement of the olders schedule until 3/8. Was supposed to be yesterday.
Gonna mess up my Spring Break planning. Hope the plane tickets I'm looking at dont jump too much by next week.

Another issue is State/national Cup is the end of the season for most teams so with it being prolonged it’s hard to reset for the next season. Coaches and TMs have to start rolling out next seasons budget and get monthly payments started. Not to mention any roster changes needing to be made.

And SCDSL Spring Showcase is in Del Mar on March 30-31.
Are any state/national cup games played at surf cup sports park?
DA/DPL Showcase in at Polo Fields in Del Mar this weekend - will they close fields due to rain? Many traveling from out of state.

DA/DPL Showcase in at Polo Fields in Del Mar this weekend - will they close fields due to rain? Many traveling from out of state.
I remember one year playing in the pouring rain at the Polo Fields. The parking lots were an absolute muddy mess. Don't wear any nice shoes. lol

Anybody have any insight on how much rain Gallway can handle before they cancel games? We play there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I would hate to drive all the way there and have the game cancelled.

Back