Silverlakes Fall Showcase

No breakdown, just some thoughts.

- Legends vs San Juan is my game of the weekend, and I would have loved to watch it if only it weren't a 745am in the morning.
- Legends and San Juan shouldn't be in the same bracket; they're two of the best teams out here. Headscratcher...
- Still can't get all the top teams together for one tourney, which sucks.

No breakdown, just some thoughts.

- Legends vs San Juan is my game of the weekend, and I would have loved to watch it if only it weren't a 745am in the morning.
- Legends and San Juan shouldn't be in the same bracket; they're two of the best teams out here. Headscratcher...
- Still can't get all the top teams together for one tourney, which sucks.

Legends 3, San Juan 0

Got a chance to watch this game since we played at 9. Legends pretty much dominated the entire game. Appeared to be a different group of girls than those who showed up for San Juan at Surf Cup. Regardless, Legends played great.

Was told they were missing a forward (at least.. don't know if any others were missing).

few questions...Anyone know why Blues isn't in this showcase/tournament? Also is the LAFC Slammers the one coached by Salazar?

Anybody know how the afternoon game with Beach Perez and San Juan went? Curious how they bounced back.

These brackets aren't balanced very well BTW. A and E could have a some teams switched around.

Blues is not playing this weekend.
Yes, Salazar & Winn
SJ 6 - Beach 0
I don’t like how they did the brackets either or how we will potentially match up in the quarterfinals.

few questions...Anyone know why Blues isn't in this showcase/tournament? Also is the LAFC Slammers the one coached by Salazar?

Anybody know how the afternoon game with Beach Perez and San Juan went? Curious how they bounced back.

These brackets aren't balanced very well BTW. A and E could have a some teams switched around.
Blues decided to take a break over Thanksgiving. It’s been a busy season already and there are a lot of tournaments to come.

Albion and San Juan was an interesting game. Albion dominated play for most of 1st half frustrating Spirits as they couldn't figure out the high line Albion was implying. Albion kept possession for most of the 1st half. Scoring about 10 mins in to go up 1-0. On the last play of the 1st half SJ knocked a long ball into the top of the 18 area and an awkward play with Goalie and Defender attacking the ball at the same time led to a loose ball that ended up on the foot of a SJ player who slotted it in. The 2nd half saw a more even possession game with both teams having some decent chances and run of play. With about 10 mins left a long nice pass played SJ in and the goalie for Albion came out aggressively and it led to a red card as she was last defender. SJ scored on the freekick as the backup goalie a field player saved it but the rebound was hit in.

Overall a good game.

Back