Silver Lakes College Showcase, Surf College Showcase, November Nights

After spending much of the last 2 days driving around college coaches at Silverlakes, I'll tell you which one passes the eye test, and it's not even close. Catered VIP tent with breakfast/lunch/drinks. Mercedes Benz golf carts to transport coaches throughout the grounds. Complimentary field side seats for coaches. Elevated viewing stand for coaches to watch multiple games. High definition JumboTron showing the OSU/Michigan game. And I heard they threw a VIP reception at the fields on Friday with two live bands, sushi bar, catered dinner, and cigar rolling station. And by next year, the Fieldhouse Restaurant should be up and running in the center of the complex. Silverlakes knows how to do it. It has become the premier soccer facility on the West Coast in such a short amount of time. I delivered dozens of coaches to their fields, and I was only one of 7 drivers. It has been a highly successful event for the players and college coaches alike. If a coach's satisfaction poll was taken, I guarantee the Silverlakes College Showcase would rank at the top of the list. Many of the coaches I spoke with mentioned that "Finally, someone listened to us. This is how to put on a showcase." High praise from multiple sources. And now I get to sleep in my own bed without any hotel costs! Doesn't get any better...

Hey Cali, this just in:
Surf just cancelled Day 3. Nothing mentioned about a partial refund or some type of credit for the Summer Showcase. Silverlakes just put out an email that all game today WILL BE PLAYED. I guess we made the right decision with the eye test.

Hey Cali, this just in:
Nothing mentioned about a partial refund or some type of credit for the Summer Showcase.
Really? You homers are too much...
November 26, 2016

The Surf College Cup team met this evening after today's rain and evaluated each field at the facility to assess the condition of the fields, and after consulting with facility owners, club coaches, maintenance experts, and event staff, we have come to the only conclusion that makes sense: we must cancel tomorrow's games. Most of the fields are under an inch of water tonight, with more rain expected tonight and tomorrow accompanied by high winds. We'd like nothing more than to proceed with our event that has already hosted tremendous soccer on Friday and Saturday, but we felt that proceeding in poor conditions would present an unacceptable safety risk to the amazing athletes participating in our event and threaten the integrity of the game. In this case, alternate venues were considered but would not guarantee better conditions, and would not produce the conditions that a record 530 college coaches came to witness this year.

Although our stated refund policy only allows for a 25% refund in the event of a full event cancellation, we would like to go above and beyond our policy and offer each team a 33% refund. We believe this is the right thing to do, even though the circumstances of the cancellation are beyond our control.

This decision to cancel the third day of the event is gut wrenching for us because we know how much time, energy, effort and expense each team, each family and each player has expended and how much this opportunity to perform in front of college coaches means. This is the first time in 36 years of event management that we have had even a partial cancellation, but the current and forecasted conditions have forced us to make a decision that no one wants.

Always good to have more field/tournament options that don't include 6 hour round-trips to Lancaster. I'll endure whatever smells and adverse weather conditions to avoid that Global warming drive any day.

November 26, 2016

The Surf College Cup team met this evening after today's rain and evaluated each field at the facility to assess the condition of the fields, and after consulting with facility owners, club coaches, maintenance experts, and event staff, we have come to the only conclusion that makes sense: we must cancel tomorrow's games. Most of the fields are under an inch of water tonight, with more rain expected tonight and tomorrow accompanied by high winds. We'd like nothing more than to proceed with our event that has already hosted tremendous soccer on Friday and Saturday, but we felt that proceeding in poor conditions would present an unacceptable safety risk to the amazing athletes participating in our event and threaten the integrity of the game. In this case, alternate venues were considered but would not guarantee better conditions, and would not produce the conditions that a record 530 college coaches came to witness this year.

Although our stated refund policy only allows for a 25% refund in the event of a full event cancellation, we would like to go above and beyond our policy and offer each team a 33% refund. We believe this is the right thing to do, even though the circumstances of the cancellation are beyond our control.

This decision to cancel the third day of the event is gut wrenching for us because we know how much time, energy, effort and expense each team, each family and each player has expended and how much this opportunity to perform in front of college coaches means. This is the first time in 36 years of event management that we have had even a partial cancellation, but the current and forecasted conditions have forced us to make a decision that no one wants.
Legends parents are to much. They drink so much black and yellow Kool-Aid they become minions to their DOC.

Legends parents are to much. They drink so much black and yellow Kool-Aid they become minions to their DOC.
Mercedes Benz golf cart? Who gives a shit! Catered lunches, big screen to watch a game, so original.....I seen that all before at ECNL college showcase events! It's all a business and the Legends DOC is trying to cater to college coaches, so they return next year. I agree with OTC, without top players (Girls DA) at an event. It becomes more difficult to get college coaches at a showcase.

We had a good experience the first two days at Surf. Nice fields, plenty of coaches albeit with a funky smell every once in awhile when the ocean breeze picked up.

I'm about an hour away from the Oceanside fields so not as big as a deal for me than the teams that came for all over and only played two games. I had the unfortunate experience of breaking the news to a group of boys from Seattle at the hotel breakfast this morning. They hadn't heard of the cancellations and were bummed to say the least.

We had a good experience the first two days at Surf. Nice fields, plenty of coaches albeit with a funky smell every once in awhile when the ocean breeze picked up.

I'm about an hour away from the Oceanside fields so not as big as a deal for me than the teams that came for all over and only played two games. I had the unfortunate experience of breaking the news to a group of boys from Seattle at the hotel breakfast this morning. They hadn't heard of the cancellations and were bummed to say the least.
You will get the most college coaches attending the 1st 2 days of a college showcase and the least amount in day 3. The reason for less college coaches in day 3. It's the 3rd game in 3 consecutive days....the players are not at their peak performance anymore and the college coaches know this. They also have to catch a flight home, if they are from out of state.

November 26, 2016

Well that sucks... SilverLakes has a great drainage layout as the fields are raised and sidelines drain into recessed drainage runoffs/grates. Fields were in great condition today and yesterday afternoon - was still raining this morning. Inch of water would make an interesting game... I will say I agree with Cali that the setup was night and day to Surf - and there were 20+ 2017 Mercedes to look at LMAO. Hey those 530 exaggerated coaches got to go to the beach today :). Just teas'n.

You will get the most college coaches attending the 1st 2 days of a college showcase and the least amount in day 3. The reason for less college coaches in day 3. It's the 3rd game in 3 consecutive days....the players are not at their peak performance anymore and the college coaches know this. They also have to catch a flight home, if they are from out of state.

Handed out 60+ flyers the first two days and today, the most competitive game, only had 4 coaches sitting in the rain. There were probably 10 in the viewing port protected from rain at 9AM watching.

Handed out 60+ flyers the first two days and today, the most competitive game, only had 4 coaches sitting in the rain. There were probably 10 in the viewing port protected from rain at 9AM watching.
60 flyers for the 1st 2 days, what age group?
U14 would be fantastic, but doubt it.
U15 would be average
U16-U17 would be well below turnout average
U18/19 would be fantastic.

U15 would be average

U16 - I thought 30 D1/D2 per game was pretty good with 22 games going on at same time. Last year was her first year playing soccer and I didn't pay attention to how many coaches came to the sidelines during a game as I thought this soccer thing was just one season event for her. On the flip side, I really could care less as the coaches that pre-planned to come see my daughter showed up.

U16 - I thought 30 D1/D2 per game was pretty good with 22 games going on at same time. Last year was her first year playing soccer and I didn't pay attention to how many coaches came to the sidelines during a game as I thought this soccer thing was just one season event for her. On the flip side, I really could care less as the coaches that pre-planned to come see my daughter showed up.
It's all relative based on the strength of the team. 30 might be great for a average team.

A few years back, my DDs U15 club team (HS Freshmen) had between 50-60 college coaches at ECNL showcase events and peaked at 70+ at the ECNL playoffs. At U16 her team had about 40-50 a game, including Surf Cup.

U15 would be average

Wow...let it go and be happy for her. There were a lot of coaches at SilverLakes and I am sure there were a large amount of Coaches at Surf. I'll bet a paycheck Silverlakes had 100% more College Coaches on Day 3.

Stop being the expert on all things recruiting and be happy your DD got herself a spot. I am not affiliated with Legends or Surf, but I took the eye test and I have to give this weekend to SilverLakes. Now during the Summer Showcase...where it's 100 degrees in Norco...my first thought would be Oceanside sure sounds appealing.

Down the road Its going to be tough for OC because those fields are owned by the city. SilverLakes is private property. At OC if something breaks or there is drainage issues you have to dig through a lot more red tape to get the city to fix it. On private property it's a matter of a phone call. I hope everyone made it home safe and everyone's DD gets a few emails from their schools. See some of you in North Carolina.

Wow...let it go and be happy for her. There were a lot of coaches at SilverLakes and I am sure there were a large amount of Coaches at Surf. I'll bet a paycheck Silverlakes had 100% more College Coaches on Day 3.

Stop being the expert on all things recruiting and be happy your DD got herself a spot. I am not affiliated with Legends or Surf, but I took the eye test and I have to give this weekend to SilverLakes. Now during the Summer Showcase...where it's 100 degrees in Norco...my first thought would be Oceanside sure sounds appealing.

Down the road Its going to be tough for OC because those fields are owned by the city. SilverLakes is private property. At OC if something breaks or there is drainage issues you have to dig through a lot more red tape to get the city to fix it. On private property it's a matter of a phone call. I hope everyone made it home safe and everyone's DD gets a few emails from their schools. See some of you in North Carolina.
I should stop, please you should stop! You didn't post a sorry for the BS propoganda you posted about Surf College Cup NOT giving a REFUND.

Thanks captain obvious, of course Legends had more college coaches on Sunday, because Surf cancelled their Sunday games. My bad, you probably think 4 college coaches for a Sunday Showcase is a lot. Do us all a favor and save the BS excuse about private vs public facility. I bet the reason SilverLakes wasn't cancelled today was because someone didn't want to give a refund.

The eyeball test? More BS propaganda! If you think The Legends Thanksgiving will grow to become bigger than Surf college cup....good luck! Ask West Coast what happened when they tried competing against Surf College Cup and NN the same weekend. Lets see how this college showcase does next year without Girls DA teams (this year helped with a few ECNL teams). For someone who claims to have been through the recruiting process twice with both of his DDs. Then you shoud know that women college coaches will spend their limited recruiting budget on quality players NOT on raised viewing platforms, being driving around on a Benz golf cart and what is being catered in.

I should stop, please you should stop! You didn't post a sorry for the BS propoganda you posted about Surf College Cup NOT giving a REFUND.

Thanks captain obvious, of course Legends had more college coaches on Sunday, because Surf cancelled their Sunday games. My bad, you probably think 4 college coaches for a Sunday Showcase is a lot. Do us all a favor and save the BS excuse about private vs public facility. I bet the reason SilverLakes wasn't cancelled today was because someone didn't want to give a refund.

The eyeball test? More BS propaganda! If you think The Legends Thanksgiving will grow to become bigger than Surf college cup....good luck! Ask West Coast what happened when they tried competing against Surf College Cup and NN the same weekend. Lets see how this college showcase does next year without Girls DA teams (this year helped with a few ECNL teams). For someone who claims to have been through the recruiting process twice with both of his DDs. Then you shoud know that women college coaches will spend their limited recruiting budget on quality players NOT on raised viewing platforms, being driving around on a Benz golf cart and what is being catered in.
And stop talking to college coaches when you hand out your team brochures. Let them do their jobs, since you are one of those parents...LMAO!

And stop talking to college coaches when you hand out your team brochures. Let them do their jobs, since you are one of those parents...LMAO!

Haha...wow, relax! I forgot you are that poster that hates it when others give an opinion. Omg...you need help, maybe you have valuable info but anyone on this board that's doesn't agree with you is automatically attacked by you. I'm really hoping when your DD goes to college you will stop enlightening us with your one sided useless babble. Now, put down your bowl of cereal, light another cigarette, go back to the key board and come back with something witty...you muppet.

"Then you shoud know that women college coaches will spend their limited recruiting budget on quality players NOT on raised viewing platforms, being driving around on a Benz golf cart and what is being catered in."

The above statement doesn't make sense...College Coaches don't pay to view the talent (but I understand what you mean...I have kids). If both venues are close by each other, then why wouldn't a college coach want to go to the nicer venue. And if the Coaches show up to the nicer venue...the top teams will also enter. Don't hate the world because Hillary lost...your vote didn't matter anyway.

Haha...wow, relax! I forgot you are that poster that hates it when others give an opinion. Omg...you need help, maybe you have valuable info but anyone on this board that's doesn't agree with you is automatically attacked by you. I'm really hoping when your DD goes to college you will stop enlightening us with your one sided useless babble. Now, put down your bowl of cereal, light another cigarette, go back to the key board and come back with something witty...you muppet.

Muppet? Nice try for someone posting propaganda BS about Surf College Cup, because his little Mia and her team manager daddy is at the Legends College showcase. My DD isn't NOT participating at neither events. I'm posting a FACT that the Surf College Cup is the better showcase and pulled more college coaches with less ECNL teams.....which bodes well for Surf next year!

Did anyone have a good experience at NN? We had terrible field and there were no visible coaches in sight.
Sorry you did not have a good experience. We had 24 coaches the first night, 14 the second night (in the rain) and 11 this evening. We played at Army/Navy this year which is a nice field and played at Poinsettia the previous two years. Our girls also played Surf this weekend and had 59 coaches the first day and 33 coaches the second day. For college coaches, Poinsettia is a good venue if you can play on one of the two small turf fields (we have had 40+ coaches show up in the past) but is not so good if you play in the outfield of the baseball field. I don't have any experience with the other NN fields. A lower ranked team may not get the better field assignments and may not have as many coaches show up. No matter what the team ranking, the players must email the coaches they hope will come to see them multiple times. If a team is not highly ranked, it helps to play against a highly ranked team. Full disclosure, our team is with LAGSD and is highly ranked.

Back