Script Flip: Presidio Rejects Surf

Karma is a bitch. Probably not in anyone's best interest to ever leave on bad terms - anywhere. Be polite. be professional. Do what is best for your organization but try not to burn bridges.

Presidio League was such a waste of time. The only real competition for the Surf "A" teams were the Surf "B" teams or Carlsbad Elite in some age groups and occasionally an SDSC, PQ Premier or super Albion team. Honestly it wasn't worth it.

Anyone know what the stated reason was that Surf was denied? I'm far from a Surf cheerleader, but if Presidio did it to be vindictive that's incredibly lame and shortsighted. Why wouldn't you want another competitive club in your league...its about the kids, right?

@MakeAPlay -- they'd probably hoped to put their younger C,D, E,... teams back in presidio - not the top teams.

That makes more sense. No need for those teams to drive all over the place to get a good game. Presidio is a good fit for those teams. Surf has new management and the will of the old administration shouldn't be held against them.

Anyone know what the stated reason was that Surf was denied? I'm far from a Surf cheerleader, but if Presidio did it to be vindictive that's incredibly lame and shortsighted. Why wouldn't you want another competitive club in your league...its about the kids, right?
I think Presidio should have let in the lower level Surf teams with some conditions (access to Polo fields and Oceanside fields for instance). This result is not surprising however. The voting members of Presidio are club DOC's or their representatives. Surf has treated so many San Diego clubs poorly over the years, that it sounds like Karma bit them in the ass. Still not a good thing that the grownups cannot get along and do what is best for the kids.

Presidio League was such a waste of time. The only real competition for the Surf "A" teams were the Surf "B" teams or Carlsbad Elite in some age groups and occasionally an SDSC, PQ Premier or super Albion team. Honestly it wasn't worth it.

Nonsense.

Presidio makes big decisions like this by public vote - one vote for each club in good standing, and one vote for each board member. After telling all those clubs that they are leaving because their shit don't stink as bad as the locals, four years is too soon.

That makes more sense. No need for those teams to drive all over the place to get a good game. Presidio is a good fit for those teams. Surf has new management and the will of the old administration shouldn't be held against them.

They still have the same President and the same powers behind the throne.

Presidio makes big decisions like this by public vote - one vote for each club in good standing, and one vote for each board member. After telling all those clubs that they are leaving because their shit don't stink as bad as the locals, four years is too soon.

Plus since they are so great they can find a new way to poach their boys players from the "horrible South Bay clubs"...
Put some leg work in!

Nonsense.

In my player's age group the Surf "A" team lost once in their last 3 years and it was to Carlsbad Premier Red at the time. The only other losses EVER in Presidio where to the Surf Blue team and the Surf Lemay team that merged with the Surf White team the next year. The DOC is different as are many of the key coaches and CC is not longer there. What else do you want?

I think Presidio should have let in the lower level Surf teams with some conditions (access to Polo fields and Oceanside fields for instance). This result is not surprising however. The voting members of Presidio are club DOC's or their representatives. Surf has treated so many San Diego clubs poorly over the years, that it sounds like Karma bit them in the ass. Still not a good thing that the grownups cannot get along and do what is best for the kids.

Oceanside Breakers Club, which has most of its teams playing in Presidio, already has access to the Oceanside complex. Any attempt to shut them out would not go well with Oceanside City council.

In my player's age group the Surf "A" team lost once in their last 3 years and it was to Carlsbad Premier Red at the time. The only other losses EVER in Presidio where to the Surf "B" team and the Surf

In my player's age group the Surf "A" team lost once in their last 3 years and it was to Carlsbad Premier Red at the time. The only other losses EVER in Presidio where to the Surf Blue team and the Surf Lemay team that merged with the Surf White team the next year. The DOC is different as are many of the key coaches and CC is not longer there. What else do you want?

You are repeating yourself, and Presidio clubs know better, especially on the boys side.

You are repeating yourself, and Presidio clubs know better, especially on the boys side.

Accidental repeat. It doesn't change the truth. Personally I think that it is a waste for Surf's top two teams to play in Presidio even at the younger ages. All but a couple of the top players in San Diego played for Surf in my player's age group and that isn't even close to being disputed. If they played in Presidio I wouldn't have had her waste her time there. Surf knows their "A" team customers. Top players not the rank and file.

Oceanside Breakers Club, which has most of its teams playing in Presidio, already has access to the Oceanside complex. Any attempt to shut them out would not go well with Oceanside City council.

THere have been rumors for years since MC owns that complex that's surf would move there - never made sense to me

THere have been rumors for years since MC owns that complex that's surf would move there - never made sense to me

The land is owned by the City of Oceanside. They have an agreement with MC's company to build and operate the facility. One of the clauses of the agreement guarantees access to local groups.

Surf might still move there, but that seems less likely now that the Polo Fields lease has been resolved with the City of San Diego.

The land is owned by the City of Oceanside. They have an agreement with MC's company to build and operate the facility. One of the clauses of the agreement guarantees access to local groups.

Surf might still move there, but that seems less likely now that the Polo Fields lease has been resolved with the City of San Diego.

One of the clauses in the Polo field is access to local groups and that doesn't stop them from locking that place up tight and only allocating lacrosse tourneys once in awhile ..they have a tendency to get what they want.

One of the clauses in the Polo field is access to local groups and that doesn't stop them from locking that place up tight and only allocating lacrosse tourneys once in awhile ..they have a tendency to get what they want.

Surf Soccer Club is not Surf Cup Inc.

Back