Scouting Opponents

rdzl

BRONZE
What are yours thoughts on going out of your way to scout an opponent ? Just kind of bothered that at saturdays game we had a videographer show up and record our game. When asked if the opposing team hired him which is cool he said no that another team sent him out and that he was unable to tell us who.

What are yours thoughts on going out of your way to scout an opponent ? Just kind of bothered that at saturdays game we had a videographer show up and record our game. When asked if the opposing team hired him which is cool he said no that another team sent him out and that he was unable to tell us who.
What league?

Kind of flattering.

Common practice in many sports. Supprised it doesn't happen (or don't hear/see) more often in soccer.

I think scouting is just part and parcel for any competitive sport. Never heard of a team/player(s) being videotaped for scouting purposes.

Common practice in many sports. Supprised it doesn't happen (or don't hear/see) more often in soccer.

Many years ago, I went to watch a team that is leading our circuit and winning by big scores. I remember telling our coach that one player was way above the rest, and no one could stop him. He was way above our players as well, and we couldn't stop him either.

I mean I know us as parents pay attention to the leader boards and who's doing what and don't get me wrong I have sat and watched teams that we might be playing but only because they were in the same tournament. I just found it a little odd that they would actually (whoever they is haha) hire someone to come out and video us. I guess the plus is that we played horrible, probably the worst we've played all season but still pulled off a 4-2 win. So that video could be mis leading haha.....

Many years ago, I went to watch a team that is leading our circuit and winning by big scores. I remember telling our coach that one player was way above the rest, and no one could stop him. He was way above our players as well, and we couldn't stop him either.

Shoot...same dang thing happened to us this very weekend (different sport).....to add salt in the wound, every player had watched video, prepared at practice and coaches had a game plan to stop the "Mini-Labron", one-man wrecking machine. Well......There was no amount of video/tape watching that could stop this man amongst boys as he stomped all over our kids.

Some times Ya just tip the hat and remind your kids that people like plants, bloom in different times/different seasons. Watch that tape, study that opponent and when their season of growth comes - they'll have their moment.

Shoot...same dang thing happened to us this very weekend (different sport).....to add salt in the wound, every player had watched video, prepared at practice and coaches had a game plan to stop the "Mini-Labron", one-man wrecking machine. Well......There was no amount of video/tape watching that could stop this man amongst boys as he stomped all over our kids.

Some times Ya just tip the hat and remind your kids that people like plants, bloom in different times/different seasons. Watch that tape, study that opponent and when their season of growth comes - they'll have their moment.

lol@mini lebron, classic.....

It's only about $175 to record a game. So not a big expense in the grand scheme of things.
But I wonder what the coach was looking for.
In hs football, it's common to record your own games and then share that video with other coaches. But football has plays and formations that can cue you in on things.
I suppose you can look at soccer game on film and see what formation a team plays, how high their backline plays, do they play wide and cross, etc.

Back