SCDSL - Schedule and Rules Updates?

So now that the SCDSL schedule is out, let’s all take a moment to review it, then start a new thread on how bad and unfair the schedule is...

So now that the SCDSL schedule is out, let’s all take a moment to review it, then start a new thread on how bad and unfair the schedule is...

Ha too late one already started, top 10 complaints so far:

Why do we play the same team x times
Why are we traveling so far to play a single game....
Why do we not play some teams but others 2x
Why are most of our games on Sunday
Why don't we have home games or only a few ?
Why is the season so short and we only get x games
Why oh why do we have so many 8am games or middle of the day ones at 1pm

Please feel free to add your own...

dont-look-back-and-ask-why.jpg

How about - the flight 1 team plays on Saturday. And the flight 2 teams plays on Sunday. Who will be bringing the most flight 1 players to the Sunday game.

DD recently guested with SD United G03 Black for the West Coast tournament in Flight 1-White. Great team that played some real nice possession soccer. Well coached group of girls. They were undefeated in CSL Gold last season. Playing Premier this coming season. In group play they beat RSC 3-0..who is playing SCDSL Champions..0-0 draw against CDA Slammers Whittier/Alvarez..who is playing SCDSL Discovery..0-0 draw against OC Surf DA Pilot. In the Semi-Finals they lost 0-1 to LA Breakers ECNL. The only goal a very hard working group of girls gave up all weekend.
Any given day..any given team.

Last edited:
Anybody look at the rules for 2018? http://scdslsoccer.com/_files/SCDSLRules2018.pdf
A few items that look to be different from last year. Anything else change?:

1. Minimum play time for 2007 and younger. Page 6
d. 2010(b), 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 Division Format and Rules specific to these Birth Years
All players must play a minimum of 50% of each game.

2. Substitutions - Page 11
  • 2010(b), 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006 Unlimited substitutions - Same as last year
  • 2005 One re-entry per half, per player. Each half stands on its own - Last year, 2004 age group was no re-entry in the 1st half. And 1 re-rentry in the 2nd half
  • 2004 and older No re-entry in the first half and one re-entry in the second half, per player. Each half stands on its own. Same as last year. (My opinion is that it should be the same as the 2005. At least in Europa and below)

Anybody look at the rules for 2018? http://scdslsoccer.com/_files/SCDSLRules2018.pdf

d. 2010(b), 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 Division Format and Rules specific to these Birth Years

• 2010(b), 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006 Unlimited substitutions - Same as last year
  • 2005 One re-entry per half, per player. Each half stands on its own - Last year, 2004 age group was no re-entry in the 1st half. And 1 re-rentry in the 2nd half
  • 2004 and older No re-entry in the first half and one re-entry in the second half, per player. Each half stands on its own. Same as last year. (My opinion is that it should be the same as the 2005. At least in Europa and below)

and who will enforce this? I know for a fact it won't be referees

and who will enforce this? I know for a fact it won't be referees
The coaches. The referees are instructed not to enforce and simply to make note of the protest by the victimized team when the substitution/play times rules are broken.

I remember seeing this 50% playing time requirement years ago when DD was playing U8. One of her buddies chose not to play anymore after U8, and her coach not following this rule by the book was one of the main reasons unfortunately.

The coaches. The referees are instructed not to enforce and simply to make note of the protest by the victimized team when the substitution/play times rules are broken.
Correct. I asked a ref last year "How do you keep track of subs? - He said "we don't. Its up to the coaches."

What is the penalty for non-compliance?
If a 2004 and older team has a player start the game. Subs the player out about 15 minute later. Then puts the player back in with 10 minutes to go in the half.
Should the opposing coach try to raise this issue at the moment this player attempts to go back on the field in the 1st half? Should opposing coaches track subs of the other team? Should they wait to file a complaint after the game? (Is this complaint with the ref or with the league?).

Correct. I asked a ref last year "How do you keep track of subs? - He said "we don't. Its up to the coaches."

What is the penalty for non-compliance?
If a 2004 and older team has a player start the game. Subs the player out about 15 minute later. Then puts the player back in with 10 minutes to go in the half.
Should the opposing coach try to raise this issue at the moment this player attempts to go back on the field in the 1st half? Should opposing coaches track subs of the other team? Should they wait to file a complaint after the game? (Is this complaint with the ref or with the league?).

I've seen this scenario every weekend.
Normally it goes like this:
Coach 1: Hey coach you can't put this player back in
Coach 2: Why not? We have 1 re-entry per half
Coach 1: that's not for this age group
Coach 2: Yes it is, read the rules
Referee: I don't care, we just want the game to continue

Player gets subbed in and sometimes it results in goal being scored. Not sure if anyone protested and got something out of this from the League.

Does the Discovery division have additional sub conditional rules that follow fifa not listed in this document?

Heard this weekend for Discovery there is only 3 substitution opportunities+ half time per game like fifa rule's. For those with the larger rosters this would require mutiple players being subbed each time in most cases past 4 subs.

New rules? Those were the rules the forst year the league was formed. And no, they were not enforced.

Ah 3 subs chances per half so 6 total so that's easier to manage and get players on.

For all Discovery Division games, the following substitution rules will
apply:
A. 18 players are eligible to compete per game-day.
B. No re-entry per half. Each half stands on its own.
C. Each team allowed only 3 stoppages per half
D. Half-time does not count as a stoppage
E. Exception to the above as it applies to Goalkeepers (if there is an injury, sickness etc. and
a GK is unable to continue, teams can substitute that GK with another GK even if they
have already substituted their GK, or out of stoppages or both)

New rules? Those were the rules the forst year the league was formed. And no, they were not enforced.
Maybe not new. But some adjustments.
This year the 2005 age group is allowed to re-enter once per half. Last year the 2004 age group was not allowed to re-enter in the 1st half. And 1 re-entry in the 2nd.

I was not aware that there was a 50% play time rule for 07 and below prior to this year.

Maybe not new. But some adjustments.
This year the 2005 age group is allowed to re-enter once per half. Last year the 2004 age group was not allowed to re-enter in the 1st half. And 1 re-entry in the 2nd.

I was not aware that there was a 50% play time rule for 07 and below prior to this year.
I agree. The original rules never had required playing time.

The attached is the final rules published from 2011 inaugural season of SCDSL.

Attachments

• SCDSL_R&R_FINAL_6_21_11.pdf
    142.3 KB · Views: 3
Back