SCDSL - Flights Posted - 2016

According to Tango's ranking system here's the list of average ranking strength for each team in the showcase. The columns Game 1 and Game 2 are the opponents rank and the Strength of Schedule (SoS) column is the average of the two opponents.

2005 Girls Showcase Rankings.png

Just a hunch, teams are ranked in their particular grouping (North, South, etc.) and paired up against their counterparts in the other groups. Top teams vs top teams, middle of the pack vs. middle of the pack, etc.

Ranked how though? EGSL Spring results? Last year's finish? Just curious...

Ranked how though? EGSL Spring results? Last year's finish? Just curious...
I doubt they care about EGSL since it is a competing league, but what do I know. Most likely previous seasons across the age groups and monitoring tournament results. They've got eyes and ears all over SoCal.

If you read into how the teams are currently listed in the standings page for showcase you can see each division and how the teams are ranked in each one. It's a reoccurring theme in all the standings for showcase in the various age groups, it has been that way every time showcases are held every season.

North
  1. Galaxy - SB
  2. Beach - LB
  3. Beach - SB
  4. CDA - Segovia
  5. RSC
  6. CDA - HB

South I
  1. Surf
  2. Blues - Draluck
  3. Strikers
  4. Legends
  5. Irvine Slammers
  6. Slammers
  7. West Coast

South II
  1. Blues - Kale
  2. Surf II
  3. Murrieta Surf
  4. Arsenal SD
  5. Strikers - Black
  6. Legends South
  7. Anaheim Surf
  8. CDA - Tustin

Early SCDSL results:

Blues Kale 4-0 Anaheim surf
Murrietta surf 3-1 slammers Aviles
Blues Draluck 2-2 Legends FC

I have to fully agree with you. Talk about Strength of Schedule (sos) for those of you number crunchers out there in the South bracket.

I can only imagine that LAGSB in the North and Blues Kale in South II must be licking their chops.
Hi RichMan, I had noticed your post earlier but decided to wait until after playing a few games to reply. Your comment is a little bit insulting to the North bracket teams because you imply that every team other than LAGSB is chopped liver. The showcase games are what they are, but in the absence of another comparison you can see that the North bracket teams have done pretty well. In addition, you may have noticed that LAGSB has lost one game in SCDSL (which probably is fine with them, as I am sure they want to play against good competition). And finally, what makes your comment even more ridiculous is that you seem to be a Legends FC 05 parent, and Legends FC 05 had lost to Beach FC Perez in CRL before you made the comment. Me thinks that you are the one doing the chop licking.

I actually agree... and was a bit thrown by the "chop licking " comment as well. I don't think there is really any... kale is not blowing away our group (south 2) and I actually think we controlled the game when we had our starters in... problem occurs when we have to play all the girls. And we played legends yesterday and it was a hot and tired but pretty even game (again until we had subs in) .. they are mostly all great teams in this tier and on any given day can bring it. No chop licking. Lol.

Hi RichMan, I had noticed your post earlier but decided to wait until after playing a few games to reply. Your comment is a little bit insulting to the North bracket teams because you imply that every team other than LAGSB is chopped liver. The showcase games are what they are, but in the absence of another comparison you can see that the North bracket teams have done pretty well. In addition, you may have noticed that LAGSB has lost one game in SCDSL (which probably is fine with them, as I am sure they want to play against good competition). And finally, what makes your comment even more ridiculous is that you seem to be a Legends FC 05 parent, and Legends FC 05 had lost to Beach FC Perez in CRL before you made the comment. Me thinks that you are the one doing the chop licking.
So, I was waiting to hear back from someone on my comment..... so it begins.

You're right on at least one point & that's the one about the North playing well so far. Actually, on two points; my comment was admittedly made a bit prematurely with all of the great soccer were seeing.

My comment(s) were never meant to be insulting to anyone, just the way I saw it at the time. Parody is a lovely thing. Especially with certain teams picking up players that really change the dynamics of a team, wouldn't you agree mbeach?

I am a LegendsFC parent, but I'm also not one to own up if I'm wrong or make a wrong call. So in this case, yes the North has faired well as a whole. Kudos! And when our girls lost to Beach in CRL we were minus a few players (including our goalie).

So excuses aside, here's to continued fun and competitive soccer for our girls and a bright future for each and every one of them moving forward.

So, I was waiting to hear back from someone on my comment..... so it begins.

You're right on at least one point & that's the one about the North playing well so far. Actually, on two points; my comment was admittedly made a bit prematurely with all of the great soccer were seeing.

My comment(s) were never meant to be insulting to anyone, just the way I saw it at the time. Parody is a lovely thing. Especially with certain teams picking up players that really change the dynamics of a team, wouldn't you agree mbeach?

I am a LegendsFC parent, but I'm also not one to own up if I'm wrong or make a wrong call. So in this case, yes the North has faired well as a whole. Kudos! And when our girls lost to Beach in CRL we were minus a few players (including our goalie).

So excuses aside, here's to continued fun and competitive soccer for our girls and a bright future for each and every one of them moving forward.

Richman hows the golf game doing you playing the Ryder cup in February this year.

Back