SCDSL Flight I

GKDad65

SILVER ELITE
Any surprises so far? Have all the "best" players moved to the new USSDA teams?

North: CDA Slammers must be putting on a show with GF @ 15 and 0 - GA, well done!
South: Looks even, should be a good race to the top.

Obviously a tremendous amount of the best players have moved on to DA. There are still plenty out there playing in flight 1. This weekend I feel for Legends, playing strikers SC and CDA HB. That's two tough games. We played legends and I thought their goalie was amazing for what I have heard is his first year playing. Good luck to all, can't wait to see the scores of those two games this weekend.

There are a couple teams in 04 flight 1 who might very well be competitive 11 v 11 against middle DA teams. LAGSB Elite for one has some very good players who I think are capable of competing at the DA level. Sometimes its more where you live and who sees you that determines for many players whether they make an academy team.

CDA ASLAMMERS FC GIMENEZ WILL BE CONSIDERED A SILVER ELITE TEAM IN CSL.
LETS GO BACK COUPLE WEEKS, NHB CUP THEY WON THEIR GROUP BUT PLAYED SOME HORRIBLE COMPETITON.
HOWEVER FIRST ROUND OF PLAYOFFS THEY FACE CELTIC HOOPS (3RD TEAM AT CELTIC) LOST 2-1.

JUST SHOWING THE LEVEL OF SCDSL COMPARED TO CSL IN 2004.

UNITED CUP SEMI FINAL ALL 4 TEAMS FROM CSL GOLD, 3 FROM SOUTH AND 1 FROM NORTH.
GOLD NORTH ALSO VERY WEAK...

SCDSL 2004 FLIGHT 1 IS WEAK!
This guy talking about SCDSL being weak when his team that stands in 1st place in his division in CSL Lost to Strickers 2005 team, Legends FC, CDA Slammers and tied TFA-FCLA.
Both United Cup and NHB were weak this year in the 2004 division. From the start everyone knew Rebels was going to take NHB and either Celtic or Golden was going to take United Cup. Every tournament including State Cup this year in the 2004 division will be the same outcome. Rebels, Celtic, Golden and Slammers are going to be fighting it out.

This guy talking about SCDSL being weak when his team that stands in 1st place in his division in CSL Lost to Strickers 2005 team, Legends FC, CDA Slammers and tied TFA-FCLA.
Both United Cup and NHB were weak this year in the 2004 division. From the start everyone knew Rebels was going to take NHB and either Celtic or Golden was going to take United Cup. Every tournament including State Cup this year in the 2004 division will be the same outcome. Rebels, Celtic, Golden and Slammers are going to be fighting it out.
Lets add Strickes SC and Legends FC. Both have good 04 teams.

I will not win all my games of course just like every team, we did lose to Strikers Irvine 2005, you know when your teams playing with so much confidence and sometimes they bring too much confidence and somebody had to knock them down well that's what happened and it woke us up for United.

I'm sorry but we will not be doing state cup, we will do national cup.

Trust me after United cup I tried to bump up to 2003 gold for coast.

Flight II appears to be a more evenly matched flight with a GD spread of 10. Flight I has a GD spread of nearly 30 ! Would love to see some inter-flight play to mix things up.
Admittedly, the play is not always pretty with the vacuum of players into the DA, but they'll be back. Not as many spots available at the next level and some kids will not want to sit on the bench.

Flight II appears to be a more evenly matched flight with a GD spread of 10. Flight I has a GD spread of nearly 30 ! Would love to see some inter-flight play to mix things up.

As my thread in this forum suggests, there was a lot of mixing up of talent this year with the age change. Many teams applied for flt 1 status and were denied. I'm guessing the top of flt 2 and the bottom half of flt 1, this year, are very close in ability.

Back