San Diego Soccer Club tryouts

a month or two before most other clubs in SD. What's the thought here? Get teams in place and hope people don't walk from their deposits?

It appears that there are the January tryouts and then the March tryouts in San Diego. I see pros and cons to both timeframes. We will see how this all pans out and how many parents commit to the January teams.

too bad Cal south doesn't have a signing day (after state cup) like HS to College kids. It would take away the stress over the holidays.....i know, i know shouldn't be a stressful ordeal in the big scheme life. But just to know where you will be after the season. Always awkward to play for a team and against a team you will be leaving in february

It would make sense. But Cal-South doesn't seem to be focused on making parents/players happy. They seem to care that clubs/coaches are happy.

Oh wait are we all still pretending that "kick arounds" and "scrimmages" aren't really tryouts? My bad!
Everybody is doing kick arounds, but at least not having tryouts until March allows kids to play through National/State Cup without officially having to tell their coaches that mommy and daddy want them to go to a better team.

Everybody is doing kick arounds, but at least not having tryouts until March allows kids to play through National/State Cup without officially having to tell their coaches that mommy and daddy want them to go to a better team.

You are right we just pay the fee within the 48 hrs and order the new backpack and go to State Cup and act like it's all good. It's like a SoCal migration pattern to soccerlocco
Sorry to be the one to tell you- but tryouts have already occurred for 90 percent of girls.

You are right we just pay the fee within the 48 hrs and order the new backpack and go to State Cup and act like it's all good. It's like a SoCal migration pattern to soccerlocco
Sorry to be the one to tell you- but tryouts have already occurred for 90 percent of girls.
Haha, don't be sorry, my kid's happy where she is. But I'd say that probably only applies for the top teams around town, and all it takes is a few surprise moves and it opens up a whole can of worms.

From what I could find, here are the dates for the tryouts (mostly North County) :
Albion 2/6, 8 & 13
Arsenal 1/17 & 19
Cardiff 2/28 & 3/2
DMVC 3/6-9
Encinitas TBD
Escondido TBD
Fallbrook TBD
LAGSD 3/6 - 10
Oceanside Mid-February
Poway 1/23 & 25
San Marcos no '05 coach listed???
SDSC 1/17 - 1/18
Surf 3/6-9
Good luck to all.

From what I could find, here are the dates for the tryouts (mostly North County) :
Albion 2/6, 8 & 13
Arsenal 1/17 & 19
Cardiff 2/28 & 3/2
DMVC 3/6-9
Encinitas TBD
Escondido TBD
Fallbrook TBD
LAGSD 3/6 - 10
Oceanside Mid-February
Poway 1/23 & 25
San Marcos no '05 coach listed???
SDSC 1/17 - 1/18
Surf 3/6-9
Good luck to all.

Updated info:

Encinitas Express 2/27 & 3/1
Escondido FC Heat 1/31 & 2/2
Oceanside Breakers 3/4 & 3/6 with call backs 3/7
San Marcos 2/20 & 2/22

Good luck to all.

I posted this under another thread, meant to post it here. New club in Carlsbad. From their Facebook page:

Registration open now! www.southcoastsoccerclub.com

Tryouts for all ages for both Recreational and Competitive levels for South Coast Soccer Club.

Address of venue: 2605 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008

Contact Mary by email on southcoastsoccerclub@gmail.com for details

Please arrive 20 minutes earlier.

Cost to Tryout is $20 which will be refunded back on registration payment made out to "soccer awareness" please.

Tryouts

Saturday February 25th 10am to 11.30am U5 to U9 Noon to 1.30pm U10 to U16

Register :- www.southcoastsoccerclub.com

Back