San Diego Force Seeks 1-2 Field Players for Elite Team

beulah

BRONZE
San Diego Force FC (formerly Arsenal San Diego) is seeking 1-2 field players to complete their roster for 2017-18 G2004 elite team. Team will compete in top tier tournaments in addition to CRL, SCDSL Flight 1 and Silverlakes College Showcases. Contact Adrian Ocampo, adrian@sdforcefc.com

Again have to say I know about five girls on this team and love the girls and their parents- nice kids! Jose of course the master of possession based soccer in SD

That's why I am confused because I know a lot of girls and hadn't heard any concern for more players? All are extremely happy

SDFORCEFC GREAT CLUB
This is what I meant on the other thread. Before anyone said anything about Force swilly starts cheerleading on a 3 month old thread and 2 other threads ; she (unless he likes pumps) has drank too much Kool-Aid for a Ulittle parent.

E is right. An "elite" team should not have to recruit on a website. But we all know that "elite" means nothing.

Finally, so after this cheerleader showed up, I checked the RateMySoccerCoach site and somehow all the entertaining reviews about the brothers are gone. I would give them some credit if they used duck tape during game. I just think they are overrated. Many other great coaches for possession that don't joystick and thus allow their players to grow their SoccerIQ.

Ok fair enough I hear you. Creativity is vastly underrated by the coaches in the region. It's almost as bad as "lovely lovely" or "unlucky"
If I hear that one more time on a pitch. No- it's not unlucky it's bad technique. Sometimes the kids would do well to hear it.

I use to grind my teeth when I heard unlucky.

RateMySoccerCoach is entertaining if nothing else. It is fun to compare reviews by the same person. Most of the entertaining reviews come out at the end of the season. But if I was looking for a coach without any knowledge of who is who, I definetly would not let my kid play for anyone that someone called a backstabber. Not worth the risk.

You can say the same about the forum. How many coaches are disguised here? A ton. We have even had some pretend to be new parents for info. But we are the crazy ones....

This is what I meant on the other thread. Before anyone said anything about Force swilly starts cheerleading on a 3 month old thread and 2 other threads ; she (unless he likes pumps) has drank too much Kool-Aid for a Ulittle parent.

E is right. An "elite" team should not have to recruit on a website. But we all know that "elite" means nothing.

Finally, so after this cheerleader showed up, I checked the RateMySoccerCoach site and somehow all the entertaining reviews about the brothers are gone. I would give them some credit if they used duck tape during game. I just think they are overrated. Many other great coaches for possession that don't joystick and thus allow their players to grow their SoccerIQ.

The Ocampo's joystick to the point where I wonder if their players would know what to do if they actually stopped talking for 2 minutes.

agreed! we are all certifiable - padded rooms for everyone! I've learned, through trial and error, to take the comments on this forum with a huge grain of salt. Same for comments from parents that you meet on the sidelines - everyone has their baggage. I find people's opinions more valuable if they are able to to own *why* they have that opinion. And let's be honest - I have rarely, if ever, heard anyone complain about a coach that was giving ample playing time to their DS or DD.

I am extremely honest about why I do not like certain coaches. I like to "air quote" them as well.
Funny thing though in ten years I have yet to meet a parent who didn't have some percentage of truth about a story they told me about a coach. Maybe 25 percent but still partially true. I can't say the same about the track suits.

I believe the Force 04 team is coached by Adrian Ocampo. Do you have a kid that has been coached by Adrian? Or have you just seen him at a game? Or are you saying all three brothers are the same? A few things I can tell you from first hand experience:
1. My older daughter would probably have quit playing soccer if it wasn't for Adrian. I think he is a very good coach and more importantly my DD thinks he is great - she is actually enjoying soccer again.
2. The Ocampo brothers might have some similarities but they most definitely have their differences.
3. My younger daughter played for Jose. Of all the coaches I have seen Jose's are the Best. Training. Sessions. Ever. Period. Hands. Down.
I know there are other great coaches but of the ones that I have personally seen, Jose is a master. I'm not a fan of joy sticking either but the training sessions are pure magic.
Bottom line: I've yet to meet a coach who is perfect in every category. I guess you just need to decide what matters most to you and your kids.

My girls have never played for an Ocampo, but have played against teams they have coached and they walk away annoyed at his joysticking the whole game. It's distracting, and I can only imagine it would be worse if they played for him. Players need to learn to make decisions without a coaches constant direction. It's just a deal breaker for us, even if they run really good training sessions.

I'm glad your daughter is happy there. That's what it's all about.

He makes subpar players good, good players great, and great players...well he makes them poachable and unfortunately loses top players every year chasing the ECNL (and now DA) dream. All I can say is he must be doing something right.

I only know a couple of ex Ocampo players that have left and been successful on other teams so I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to make an argument. But it is important to find a coach that your kids click with and if it's the Ocampo's then that is great.

Back