Sadness in soccer land.

socalkdg

PREMIER
Sadness in soccer land. Not even soccer related. Hurt it during 8th grade lunch playing basketball. Spiral fracture of her left hand. Orthopedist visit Monday morning.

upload_2018-12-15_17-19-13.jpeg

I am sorry to hear about the break and am hoping for a quick recovery. When my daughter broker her arm (wrist) continuing to be around her teammates kept her spirits up. Hopefully the holidays will keep her distracted. Heal quick and come back better.

Agree with MDAK. When my daughter was injured, she went to every practice and game. She would help with shagging balls, and hang out on the bench during games. Hope she heals fast.
Being injured can often be one of the best opportunities to learn and see things you wouldn’t usually notice when you’re playing. Go to practice and ask the coach if you can help him/her watch for anything specific (player attitudes, communication, movement off the ball etc). It’s a great opportunity to learn about things like team shape and player positioning; you’ll actually come back a better player than before you were injured!

Agree with everyones advice 1000%! My daughter is recovering from torn ACL and torn meniscus, but we have taken her to every practice so she can still be around the game, atmosphere, teamates. etc. The mental part of the game is under valued. God speed and hope your daughter recovers quick, stronger, and hungry to hit the pitch!

I hope your DD has a quick recovery.

When my daughter fractured her thumb and a bone in her wrist at the same time we paid (out of pocket) the extra $80 for the sports cast that could get wet and was stronger than the plaster cast. It allowed her to continue to safely play and also swim. Insurance covered the full cost of a plaster cast and the $80 coveredthe upgraded sports cast at Children’s Hospital in San Diego. For cast padding, in case the referee required padding, we used the black hot water pipe closed cell foam from Home Depot. It has adhesive along the sides and you can put two sections together to cover from elbow past the fingers with a little electrical tape to make sure it stays together. It is light weight and provides great protection and padding. Never had a referee question the safety of the padded cast.

Crazy way she suffered the two fractures. Ball got kicked from really close, hit daughter’s arm and drove it into the opponents face. Broke the opponent’s nose and orbital socket. Just really bad luck for both girls.

Back