Roy Moore

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nonononono, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    Plain and simple. Has Moore's written statement released by his campaign committee met the elements of a prima facie civil action for defamation?

He seemed to have carefully crafted a well lawyered up restatement of Trumpian "fake news" allegations rather than calling these dozens of named witnesses as liars, as Trump did, which resulted in defamation suits now pending.

2. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    Good point. It is too late for the alleged victims to sue him in civil court for actions that took place over 30 years ago, but if he calls them liars now they can sue him for that.

3. Wez

Wez Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 178
    Didn't they change the limitations for sexual charges?

4. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    Does ex post facto protection still apply?

5. nononono

nononono Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +2,095 / 29

Show the defamation suits that hold water and are NOT represented by a Quack or her daughter.

6. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    You're not worth educating on legal matters. It's just that simple.

And doctors are pejoratively called quacks. Lawyers are pejoratively called ambulance chasers, shills, mouthpieces, among a pile of great insults.

7. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    I'm assuming Alabama statutes are all expired, and doubt the alleged victims are interested in pursuing any actions now nearly 40 years old.

I'm only raising the specter that Moore may face defamation suits that arise the moment he publicly asserts these women are liars. His statements via his campaign may already have met the elements to bring suits. He'll no doubt double down tomorrow and say it straight up, and then, as one fella here might say,

" he won't be libel for slander " ... because he's " innocent and set up by Clinton and Obama. Known peodophiles". !!!

Poor dear.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Andy Dukes

Andy Dukes Silver

Ratings:
    +927 / 54
    So, as Judge Roy reaches out to like minded Christian Conservatives for money to defend his Christian conservative actions, we have milk toast reactions from DC Republicans' and the WH. Not any personal comments from Pussy Grabber but we can insert some of his comments as applicable.

The interesting silence for me is Brother Pence. I can't wait until some reporter asks him what Christian Conservative point of view he holds about guiding a 14 year olds hand to your underwear covered erect penis for a feel.

9. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    • Like Like x 1
  10. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    Hannity shifted gears today from a lukewarm denial to the standard Fox News line of blaming the victims, who are obviously just in it for the money.

11. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    Jesus buddy. How long does it take you to find some obscure internet source that includes "quack" among the myriad of insults used to describe lawyers to prove I'm wrong?

12. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    I watched him last night for as long as I could before my milk of magnesia wore off. He had Richard Jewell on to make the analogy of a rush to judgment on an innocent man wrongly accused.

Jewell, from 35 years ago, was accused briefly of being the Atlanta Olympic Park bomber. Sean's mind was working up the angle that Moore's multiple victims, most of whom don't know one another, and all had similar styled encounters with him when they were teenagers, including relatives they told years ago who were also named and interviewed, are all "potentially" lying en mass for the great joy and excitement that comes with having millions of people now aware of life altering horrific events from their childhood they wished never happened, and hoped would never become public.

You know, publicity hungry liars. Like the dozens of Cosby, Weinstein, Spacey, Toback, Ailes, O'Reilly, and Bolling "victims".

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    In the Richard Jewell case, there actually was a crime that someone committed, just not Jewell. Is Sean suggesting that someone else who was a local prosecutor molested those girls?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    Oh, that reminds me. $32,000,000. THIRTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS.

Let's let that sink in a moment.

Not $32M paid by a multi-billion dollar multinational media empire.

$32,000,000. Paid by a single individual.

To another single individual.

Not following a court trial in which all of the most damning evidence is presented to the trier of fact, and a finding of liability to made, and an award of damages totals $32,000,000.

Not after post trial motions are made, argued, ruled upon.

Not after moves for mistrial, directed verdict, excessive award are made and denied or modified.

$32,000,000. In a settlement.

Just what did this monster do to her that her lawyers revealed in settlement conferences that convinced them to convince him, against every fiber of hatred, putrid, misogynistic, misanthropic, stunted demented impulse in his depraved pustule of an anal cyst encrusted bone spurred carcass of a Vietnam War draft dodging hypocritical liar, to pay a sum in settlement most could only dream of bieng awarded at trial, and then have the thankless task of trying to collect against it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    I don't think he's smart enough to think that far ahead. It was Thursday. His long view is Friday.

16. Ricky Fandango

Ricky Fandango Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,581 / 29
    The hate is viscous.
    Like the cooked fat jiggles I cut off and feed to the dogs.

17. Nonononono

Nonononono Bronze

Ratings:
    +242 / 4
    It's something called "empathy". A belief system in feeling compassion for those victimized by bullies, by people in a position of power by virtue of age, employment relationships, etc. where, for example, a 32 year old man convinces a 14 child to go with him to a forested cabin so he can molest her.

Or where a wealthy broadcaster whose program generates a large percentage of a company's revenues is free to sexually abuse a co-worker of considerably less financial value to that company, but has retained enough compelling evidence to be shown to the wealthy broadcaster and his team of lawyers in a high rise NYC law firm conference room in the presence of most likely a well respected and highly paid retired Justice of the New York Supreme Court, or a retired Judge of NY's Highest Court, sitting as a mediator or settlement officer who was likely appalled at what was proffered. I don't care for these bullies. Do you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ricky Fandango

Ricky Fandango Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,581 / 29
    When was he convicted?
    Im sorry, I missed the trial.

19. espola

espola Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 114
    It was a civil case. A "conviction" is not necessary, nor is a trial.

20. Hüsker Dü

Hüsker Dü Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +2,262 / 129
    A settlement, you know the way rich people buy their way out of trouble? (see: Trump U.)