Roll Call - 2018 / 2019 Season (09s)

Discussion in '2009' started by Technician72, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Chalklines

Chalklines Bronze

Ratings:
    +154 / 8

What really happened with last years 2009 Eagles team that won the Presidents Cup?

These girls are ending up all over now. Its not common when a team's that successful to see this much movement.

2. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    It’s pretty simple....Coach doesn’t produce better players as they get older. My kids trophies are in a box already. Gotta ask why the club took away the ‘07 team this year....Heard their parents are very happy with the new coach who “get’s it”. Some parents will still be suckers at any age group.

3. Chalklines

Chalklines Bronze

Ratings:
    +154 / 8
    This is more of a general conclusion.

Most parents cant look past the now factor at this age so for that particular team something else had to happen.

I did hear an increase in fees topped with summer tournaments every weekend pushed the yearly bill to around $7k for U9!?!? Any truth in that?

4. fanclub

fanclub Bronze

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    What are you saying? Confused by your comment, please clarify

5. Chalklines

Chalklines Bronze

Ratings:
    +154 / 8
    Successful season

Handful of players left for different clubs

Why? Fees? Coach? Parent(s)? Player? Politics?

6. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Atleast $5k from what a parent told me. Heard TK even tried to take the 08 team this year right from the coach at practice. That lasted one night......

But he wins!

7. rainbow_unicorn

rainbow_unicorn Silver

Ratings:
    +377 / 8
    Wow, $5k for this age group (if true) is crazy. Too bad if the team broke up a bit...they had a solid team last year that played good team soccer.

8. fanclub

fanclub Bronze

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Really 5000, that’s coming from a salty parent! It’s 2000 bucks.

Regarding the team 3 players left, ask the parents why?? No clue!

I had to sleep on this one, but the ones who are on this forum and ripping on a coach. Wow get a life, that is pathetic that you would do that. This is a 8/9 year old girls soccer forum.

Enjoy the moment, this is Not a business, lighten up for god sake.

And seriously stop talking shit about coaches, people, kids, team. Grow up and enjoy this time with your kids this time will fly by. Don’t waste it doing what your doing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. soccer661

soccer661 Silver

Ratings:
    +293 / 0
    Was going to try to let this go, but am going to chime in now since my DD's team was brought up (TK's 2007's that have aged out w/him and are with a new coach now)

TK is a great younger's coach...IMO one of the best...at this young age he builds a true love of the game for these little ones, and they want to play for him.
    Like Tech said-- he is patient & kind & FUN and truly wants a good experience for all the kids including tons of team bonding/camaraderie.
    He hands them off at U11 or so, when it's time to get more serious & tactical, but he fosters that love of the game at an early age which is sooo important.

He's a excellent recruiter considering the geographical location of Eagles, and that's no easy task -- which someone else had brought up- and that is so true, Eagles are very limited geographically-- TK has found that yes, having a winning team does tend to recruit more good players to the club -- sorry if you don't want to hear it, but yes, it's true.

He's certainly not alone in that philosophy -- Blues, Slammers, Surf, you name it -- they all do it -- it's their job to get the best players they can and as soon as they can.

There will always be tough situations or moments -- whether it be too much travel, not enough playing time, whatever... and maybe the team is simply not the right fit, and yes, agreeing with Tech again-- In the end everyone has to do what is BEST for THEIR kid/family situation/etc, and sometimes those choices aren't easy.

I of all people get that (we have an older as well and have been thru a lot) In the end, no coach is perfect, and certainly can't be all things to all people, but not very nice to bash a truly good guy/coach with the all right intentions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Technician72

Technician72

Ratings:
    +1,672 / 7
    A lot of good back and forth regarding Eagles, and I'm not one to try and silence the crowd, but it can probably be taken up in another thread if the parties involved are adamant about keeping the conversation going.

So in an attempt to get this thread back on topic:

Roll Call Updated - 13 Posters

• Like Like x 2
  11. PaPa805

PaPa805 Bronze

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I agree with soccer661. TK is a great youngers coach. I also have a dd on the 2007 team. Our experience overall has been great. So much so that I now have my 2010 dd playing for TK. Enjoy the ride my friends.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Venantsyo

Venantsyo Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    That is really too bad about the Eagles. As I mentioned before, they are (were?) a great U9 team to watch play and a benchmark for other teams.
    So what is the general consensus on the team more likely to replace them as best 09 this year? Slammers Cerritos?

• Like Like x 1
  13. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Where does your other daughter play?

14. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0

15. soccer661

soccer661 Silver

Ratings:
    +293 / 0
    "No one answered why the Eagles teams get worse as they get older. No matter how “Nice” he is you have to wonder why your paying so much money to not learn a thing.

‘06’s not much
    ‘05’s falling apart
    04’s Last Place
    ‘03 Last Place

Need I go one...."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    My older daughter plays for RSC, have never hidden that. And through the last several years, many players have moved back and forth from Eagles to Real and Real to Eagles, again it's well known...and depending on a variety of different reasons including coaches, playing time, travel, level, location, etc-- specific to one's own kid and/or family situation. This is why I know both clubs. And BOTH clubs have pros and cons and both clubs have some fantastic coaches... people go where their kid fits in at that time in her soccer journey. I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying re: Eagles older age groups, (they did lose 2 long time coaches in those older age groups, SM and VT, which created instability at those ages) but I will say Eagles is responding and making a big push right now for positive changes in the olders-- including some great new coaches, KW, MR. I'm interested to see how it all shakes out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. rainbow_unicorn

rainbow_unicorn Silver

Ratings:
    +377 / 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JohnSnow

JohnSnow Bronze

Ratings:
    +22 / 2
    Trying not to be such a homer but the CDA team is pretty solid. To bad about the Eagles team , hoping on getting some revenge this year but it's a long long season

18. Jules

Jules Bronze

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    JohnSnow...CDA just played Eagles(State Cup Champs) in the Legends tournament a couple of weeks ago. CDA took the win 4-0, the Eagles team is still a very strong and competitive group of young athletes. Did you say your daughter plays for CDA? What position?

• Like Like x 1
  19. JohnSnow

JohnSnow Bronze

Ratings:
    +22 / 2
    Yes my daughter plays for CDA, and position it doesn't matter not talking about her.

20. Venantsyo

Venantsyo Bronze

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    So we stopped at 13 posters? There must be more lurking?!

• Agree Agree x 1