Relocating from Jacksonville G2007 ECNL

We're relocating from Jacksonville and realize we're late in the season. My daughter is a 2007 who was a starter on the Jacksonville FC ECNL team and is looking for a team. We're looking for similar clubs here in San Diego that she can come and try out at. Any club contact info would be appreciated.

We’ll be living near Oceanside.
The closest ECNL team to Oceanside would be Surf or Sharks. Both teams are in the Del Mar area which is a 40 minute (roughly) drive from Oceanside.

If you're willing to consider GA CitySC is in Carlsbad + right by Oceanside. Their practice fields are 15 minutes from Oceanside.

If you're ok driving up to Orange County several ECNL teams practice at Great Park (Blues Pats, etc) as long as there's no traffic going up to Orange County it's a 45 minute (roughly) drive from Oceanside.

Most people in the Carlsbad / Oceanside area tend to pick CitySC because the coaching is good, the practice fields are amazing, the location is ideal.

We're relocating from Jacksonville and realize we're late in the season. My daughter is a 2007 who was a starter on the Jacksonville FC ECNL team and is looking for a team. We're looking for similar clubs here in San Diego that she can come and try out at. Any club contact info would be appreciated.
There are 3 ECNL Clubs in San Diego Rebels, Del Mar Sharks, and San Diego Surf
There are also 3 GA Clubs in San Diego Albion, City SC Carlsbad, and SDSC Surf
The clubs closest to Oceanside are City SC Carlsbad and Del Mar Sharks and San Diego Surf. Rebels is further south in the Chula Vista area. Albion is by Ocean Beach. SDSC Surf is in the Rancho Bernardo/Poway Area about 25 minutes West of Oceanside. Good Luck on your search.

The closest ECNL team to Oceanside would be Surf or Sharks. Both teams are in the Del Mar area which is a 40 minute (roughly) drive from Oceanside.

If you're willing to consider GA CitySC is in Carlsbad + right by Oceanside. Their practice fields are 15 minutes from Oceanside.

If you're ok driving up to Orange County several ECNL teams practice at Great Park (Blues Pats, etc) as long as there's no traffic going up to Orange County it's a 45 minute (roughly) drive from Oceanside.

Most people in the Carlsbad / Oceanside area tend to pick CitySC because the coaching is good, the practice fields are amazing, the location is ideal.

Thank you. I'm guessing most teams have their rosters finalized at this point because I've reached out to a few of those clubs but never got a response. Thinking she may just have to take the rest of this season off.

Thank you. I'm guessing most teams have their rosters finalized at this point because I've reached out to a few of those clubs but never got a response. Thinking she may just have to take the rest of this season off.

Yes - it's certain that any of the ECNL and GA clubs have their top team filled out with starters + subs by this point. But if your player is good enough to clearly improve the team she joins - any one of them would be likely to welcome her at any point in the season if the coaches believed that to be the case. Once on the ground - find a way to get to practice/training sessions with the teams she is considering.

If she's good coaches will find a way to make it work.

You might want to keep other options open as well SD Force is in 4S Ranch. (45 min drive from Oceanside). Force plays in all the local tournaments + DPL.

Reach out to the G2007 coaches directly + explain your situation + ask if your kid can attend some of their practice sessions. If your kid is good the coach will be waiting at your car with paperwork to sign her up for the team.

One thing to keep in mind is to be as low key as possible when checking out clubs. Don't talk to parents just sit to the side + be mysterious. Everyone knows everyone on the top teams + some parents have a lot of pull. It's best to avoid them until you've made a more informed decision on where to play.

South OC could be an option from Oceanside too with Blues being a possible option. Great Park is about 45 mins away from your area depending on traffic. From what it seems, their 2007 ECNL team has fallen on hard times, at least compared to years past, so they may be looking for a player that may have an immediate impact.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as well. Good luck to you and your DD.

Last edited:
Back