Question GDA Player 2017 -2018.....

zags77

SILVER ELITE
So my question is when can a player that is registered to a Girls DA team for the 2017-2018 season, re enter and play for a Cal south registered team?

We know that a Girls DA can take from Cal south at any point in time throughout the season.

But can a Girls DA registered player get a release now and join a cal south team right away or must they wait until the end of the DA season?

Two things.

If your kid is at an age such that the roster freeze has not taken place for the CalSouth National/State Cup, then there is nothing preventing you from joining CalSouth team as long as you are released from USSDA team (even if you are not, technically but...). If you are no longer with the DA team, you need not wait.

That said, many/most clubs that run DA program also have CalSouth teams and they also register the player to CalSouth anyway. Do you recall filling out a CalSouth form when you also registered for DA?

Since we're past the Monday after Thanksgiving, as long as your DA club is not a SCDSL club and you are going to another SCDSL club, it should be fine.

Two things.

If your kid is at an age such that the roster freeze has not taken place for the CalSouth National/State Cup, then there is nothing preventing you from joining CalSouth team as long as you are released from USSDA team (even if you are not, technically but...). If you are no longer with the DA team, you need not wait.

That said, many/most clubs that run DA program also have CalSouth teams and they also register the player to CalSouth anyway. Do you recall filling out a CalSouth form when you also registered for DA?

Since we're past the Monday after Thanksgiving, as long as your DA club is not a SCDSL club and you are going to another SCDSL club, it should be fine.

If the club signs the player up for Cal South registration as well as DA, and doesn't tell them what they are doing and why, it's a subtle form of fraud.

So my question is when can a player that is registered to a Girls DA team for the 2017-2018 season, re enter and play for a Cal south registered team?

We know that a Girls DA can take from Cal south at any point in time throughout the season.

But can a Girls DA registered player get a release now and join a cal south team right away or must they wait until the end of the DA season?

No ringers for state or national cup please.

No ringers for state or national cup please.

What’s a ringer? And this comment isn’t pointed at you but it always makes me chuckle. All these teams that want to win state or national cup don’t want the best players there, but what are you winning?

Already many of the top teams don’t play because of DA/ECNL whatever. That’s the only reason 90% of these teams have a chance.

However a kid who might have been cut from his his or her team or that wasn’t strong enough to get the playing time may make them a standout with the players there. Does that make them a ringer?

I see so many parents complain on these forums, year after year, about teams playing down, kids guesting etc. I always viewed those competitions as an opportunity to play the elite teams / see how my kid did, sure I wanted to win, but so wasn’t deusional that I’m actually winning something at national cup or state cup.

This is a silly question, but do parents want to win these mostly insignificant tourneys so badly, do they realize the top players and teams likely aren’t playing? (And that’s not taking away from the hard working and skilled kids still in the competition.).

Whatever age you are, look around at your team, either you won’t be there in a year or two, or a large fraction of your team won’t be there.

Buy your kid the sweatshirt so they can wear it at school, post it on FB to show your friends, and sit back and enjoy it. Many coaches I’ve encountered over the years dislike it, don’t enter it, or ahem tank on purpose.

Just enjoy the ride.

What’s a ringer? And this comment isn’t pointed at you but it always makes me chuckle. All these teams that want to win state or national cup don’t want the best players there, but what are you winning?

Already many of the top teams don’t play because of DA/ECNL whatever. That’s the only reason 90% of these teams have a chance.

However a kid who might have been cut from his his or her team or that wasn’t strong enough to get the playing time may make them a standout with the players there. Does that make them a ringer?

I see so many parents complain on these forums, year after year, about teams playing down, kids guesting etc. I always viewed those competitions as an opportunity to play the elite teams / see how my kid did, sure I wanted to win, but so wasn’t deusional that I’m actually winning something at national cup or state cup.

This is a silly question, but do parents want to win these mostly insignificant tourneys so badly, do they realize the top players and teams likely aren’t playing? (And that’s not taking away from the hard working and skilled kids still in the competition.).

Whatever age you are, look around at your team, either you won’t be there in a year or two, or a large fraction of your team won’t be there.

Buy your kid the sweatshirt so they can wear it at school, post it on FB to show your friends, and sit back and enjoy it. Many coaches I’ve encountered over the years dislike it, don’t enter it, or ahem tank on purpose.

Just enjoy the ride.

I waaas only kedding maang (tony montana accent). Can us lowly degenerates at least have the crumbs, is that too much to ask for?

If the club signs the player up for Cal South registration as well as DA, and doesn't tell them what they are doing and why, it's a subtle form of fraud.
Did you not read where I'd said, "Do you recall filling out a CalSouth form when you also registered for DA?"

If you signed the form, how is that not telling them.....

Off year DA players on combined age group are often "released" and placed onto Flight 1 or Premier team within the club to help the NC run. Sort of like some of the college players play for a club team in their last year of age eligibility during the NC run to help out. I know several clubs that do that too....

Back