Quality

Has anyone else noticed the quality of players dropping this year? It seem the upper divisions are not as competitive and the quality of soccer not what it has been the last couple years. Maybe Ecnl taking players?

For what age group? I've noticed a big difference but it is because my daughter went from having an awful soccer birthday to an average one. It took the bigger, stronger and more athletic kids out of her age group.

It could be for a couple of reason
1. Players that moved are getting used to new coaches. Maybe they are learning a new style of play.
2. Age group shift brought in younger players than you are used to seeing your kid play with and against.
3. Players that moved are in new positions. I know a G05 player that has played striker since she was u5. She's playing defense now.
4. Coaches trying to balance winning and development. When you have a bunch of new players, the majority of parents see winning as developing. So you may see some long ball, slop soccer because it helps the team win. The coaches are trying to make sure the parents want to come back again year.
5. There are too many leagues with too many tiers these days.
There are 21 G05 Flight 1 teams in SCDSL.
In Orange County alone, you have 11 Flight 1 teams. Strikers, West Coast, Blues are predominantly South OC teams, making up 5 of the 11. Blues and Strikers have 2 Flight 1 teams each.
There are 37 G05 teams in Flight 2 and 23 G05 teams in Flight 3. 81 teams total
There should be:
18 teams in Flight 1
22 Teams in Flight 2
22 Teams in Flight 3
62 teams total.
The other 19 teams should be playing signature or rec.

Has anyone else noticed the quality of players dropping this year? It seem the upper divisions are not as competitive and the quality of soccer not what it has been the last couple years. Maybe Ecnl taking players?

Completely untrue. Do you do anything else than stir the pot?

Back