Private HS or Public HS

SoccerFrenzy

SILVER ELITE
What is your experience on this. Better chances of getting into college playing Private or Public HS?

No as in?

No difference. More germane would be selective teams (State, Regional, National ODP or similar) or teams with honest open competitive tryouts (ECNL, DA, etc).

There are many private schools that openly advertise athletic development, but I only know of 2 that push soccer up front. Now if your kid is a tennis player, private school is the way to go, even if you have to go deeply into debt.

No difference. More germane would be selective teams (State, Regional, National ODP or similar) or teams with honest open competitive tryouts (ECNL, DA, etc).

There are many private schools that openly advertise athletic development, but I only know of 2 that push soccer up front. Now if your kid is a tennis player, private school is the way to go, even if you have to go deeply into debt.
Thank You Espola

Doesn’t matter. Club soccer gets you into college soccer. As for education, do your research before you pay for a private high school. My DD went to a very good charter high school that ran the class schedule the same as college semester system. DD and her friends had no problem adapting to college classes. There were also a large percentage that went to college. I truly believe that a student going to a high school in a low income bad neighborhood can still get into a quality college and succeed. It is all up to the student to apply themselves in high school and college.

I hate to agree with @espola but he is 100% correct.

There are so many choices for high school these days.
Do your research on the options for HS.
Visit the open houses and see if your child has a good feeling about any school.
As for playing in college, find a good club that will help get your child seen.
Some clubs have College advisors or college programs that are helpful.
Playing on clubs with a reputation will help; Blues, Slammers, Legends, Beach and Surf can be useful clubs that support your player.

Back