Presidents Cup

They will always play the Mexican league that's we're all the good players come from and tomorrow is not a exemption

Congrats to the final four!

I totally agree, those fields were horrible, very hard to play touch and connect passes...if this is your style of play.

Hawks vs Rebels? Rebels
AC Brea Green vs West Coast Elite? AC Brea Green

Rebels vs AC Brea Green? Very tough match up, both class A+ teams, but imo AC Brea Green will take it.

CalSouth gave the U10 Presidents teams for Round 32, Round 16 and Quarters the worst unkempt fields of the tournament. Boo to CalSouth.!

Let me understand this. U10 was rained out the first week. U10 also lost fields due to field closures in week two. Cal South scrambles to find fields ... any fields that are not already booked for the other age groups and gets a black eye?

Its about time you all show up. Congrats. Just a sham this gtoul is touhj si
Its about time you all show up! Congrats. Just a shame it took you in particular this long to learn to prioritize. Maybe you couldve been in this same situation 2 years ago had you prioritized better. And yes, you guys are still in state because hawks players play in the sorry perris mexican league. Please! Get over it, youre stuck in your own little world that sorry league has nothing to do with why your still in state. Tell your coach the only reason youre in semis is because his players play in the perris league and see what response you get. Poor kids, gotta put up with their parents egos. Dont overshadow your kids triumphs with your selfishness.

Let me understand this. U10 was rained out the first week. U10 also lost fields due to field closures in week two. Cal South scrambles to find fields ... any fields that are not already booked for the other age groups and gets a black eye?

I can't argue with you that Cal South had a huge task in front of them to provide fields for the many games. To correct you, these fields were the planned fields for this age bracket and was not changed due to the rain out. However, you are 100% correct I shouldn't be complaining since they did the best they could. I would think some of the clubs in the area would have offered their fields to help out. It is what it is, but know with the many more games ahead this topic will continue to be a sore subject within this years State Cup.

We actually can complain. I drove by numerous times this week and Silverlakes was being worked on to perfection all week. Eastvale Community sat there empty and untouched other than some sand bags thrown on the nets. So I paid for Silverlakes parking at a community field and yet they couldn't take their mowers across the street and at least cut the freaking grass. The fields were terrible but having them cut at the very least, would've improved them tremendously. I'll assume you're an employee of Cal South and that you didn't see the grasss length or the clumpy grass everywhere, but if you don't know, stop defending them. I watched 08 games on the first field with grass halfway up those 8 year old legs. Think about that. State Cup with 5-6" grass for kids under 10. there are complexes all over SoCal where they could've played those important week 2 games

I can't argue with you that Cal South had a huge task in front of them to provide fields for the many games. To correct you, these fields were the planned fields for this age bracket and was not changed due to the rain out. However, you are 100% correct I shouldn't be complaining since they did the best they could. I would think some of the clubs in the area would have offered their fields to help out. It is what it is, but know with the many more games ahead this topic will continue to be a sore subject within this years State Cup.

You are correct. I know that the rains created havoc. There were only 3 venues planned for Week 1 - Silverlakes, SoCal and Galway (all shut down). Week 2 - Ryan Park and Oceanside (partially) shut down. So yes, play was planned and in all likelihood, play should not be occurring at Ryan Park, but for the fact there are no other facilities available in SoCal that have the size to handle multiple fields. Out of curiosity I checked and the annual maintenance budget for Ryan Park is $39k, adjusting for acreage it is about 1/10th of that for a facility like Silverlakes. The good news here is that you can really appreciate where your parking dollars go. Great fields cost about $12k to $15k an acre to maintain. Public parks simply don't have the budget available.

You are correct. I know that the rains created havoc. There were only 3 venues planned for Week 1 - Silverlakes, SoCal and Galway (all shut down). Week 2 - Ryan Park and Oceanside (partially) shut down. So yes, play was planned and in all likelihood, play should not be occurring at Ryan Park, but for the fact there are no other facilities available in SoCal that have the size to handle multiple fields. Out of curiosity I checked and the annual maintenance budget for Ryan Park is $39k, adjusting for acreage it is about 1/10th of that for a facility like Silverlakes. The good news here is that you can really appreciate where your parking dollars go. Great fields cost about $12k to $15k an acre to maintain. Public parks simply don't have the budget available.

We actually can complain. I drove by numerous times this week and Silverlakes was being worked on to perfection all week. Eastvale Community sat there empty and untouched other than some sand bags thrown on the nets. So I paid for Silverlakes parking at a community field and yet they couldn't take their mowers across the street and at least cut the freaking grass. The fields were terrible but having them cut at the very least, would've improved them tremendously. I'll assume you're an employee of Cal South and that you didn't see the grasss length or the clumpy grass everywhere, but if you don't know, stop defending them. I watched 08 games on the first field with grass halfway up those 8 year old legs. Think about that. State Cup with 5-6" grass for kids under 10. there are complexes all over SoCal where they could've played those important week 2 games

Not an employee. I was unaware that Ryan Park charged parking. Last time I was there parking was free. Is this correct? If so, then you do have much to complain about.

If the public park is the one taking care of the field maintenance, then why in the hell am I paying parking for Silverlakes at that public park?????? If I'm paying Silverlakes their $8 to park at the public park across the street, why can't they spend the 2-3 hours it would probably take to drive ONE mower across the street and mow 6 fields..I mean since there was a Silverlakes vendor cart and flags and parking fees and maintenance men to make sure the toilet paper was plenty. It looks like to me that Silverlakes is the one representing the fields, well then all those teams should get the same or damn near same treatment as they would across the street with all the perfectly maincured palms and World Cup like winners stage

If the public park is the one taking care of the field maintenance, then why in the hell am I paying parking for Silverlakes at that public park?????? If I'm paying Silverlakes their $8 to park at the public park across the street, why can't they spend the 2-3 hours it would probably take to drive ONE mower across the street and mow 6 fields..I mean since there was a Silverlakes vendor cart and flags and parking fees and maintenance men to make sure the toilet paper was plenty. It looks like to me that Silverlakes is the one representing the fields, well then all those teams should get the same or damn near same treatment as they would across the street with all the perfectly maincured palms and World Cup like winners stage

If Silverlakes is taking the parking money and not putting it into the fields, then you have a great point.

If Silverlakes is taking the parking money and not putting it into the fields, then you have a great point.
Silverlakes was taking the money. $8 a day. I know that park, other than when AYSO season is on, it's empty save the dog walkers and little club that used to or still trains and plays there. Those fields are just there. It's a valid point, the tall grass, I know it is, and I'm not whining or crying, it sucked for everyone. Unless you had a dead ball foul, no one was hitting quality strikes at net because you didn't know how the ball would roll in front of you. The best are all still in for sure, but I hope they get to slide over to Silverlakes and not have to pay for the last weekend. Cal South has plenty of money, I know because we always had the cheapest ODP kits when I played, and our coaches always had the best track suits and polos. On a side note, I was impressed with TFA and Albion 08 teams and Legends and Temecula 07 teams..but Brea is still the class, even when they were just so so yesterday afternoon, they still pulled out the win and moved on

Definitely some upsets this weekend and some close games. Some matches I was able to witness included the Albion/Pumas, Rebels/Legends, Brea/Sharks which were all intense. It should be a great semifinals this Saturday. Really wish we could get the games this weekend streamed.

Back