Presidents Cup

Most difficult bracket is B. If you use the youthsoccerrankings.us rankings, that bracket is teams ranked 12, 13, 18, 30th.

Yup, tough bracket! Hopefully the top two teams in each bracket advance to make the tourney more fair.

Bracket G

Close... second hardest. If you take the youthsoccerrankings.us as the objective source and use their points and rankings... here's the breakdown.
I'm correcting my above post.
(No this isn't hard... just copied and pasted into excel... sorted and deleted. Took me only a couple minutes to do.)

Listed from most difficult to least difficult average opponents:
Brackets sorted by AVG Score of team: Average Score followed by Average Ranking of Teams within that bracket
M: 30.2825 / 36.25
G: 30.2025 /27.5
B: 29.98 /17.25
L: 29.895 /24
N: 28.88 / 45
A: 28.855 / 59
H: 28.7025 / 54.75
F: 28.655 / 55.5
I: 28.635 / 46.75
D:28.5275 / 63.5
K: 28.47 / 50.75
J: 28.1075 / 78
C:28.025 / 72.5
E: 27.82 / 79

This would make Sporting SD the most unlikely team (lowest ranked in M) and South Bay United with the luckiest draw (lowest ranked team in E, lowest ranked bracket).

Close... second hardest. If you take the youthsoccerrankings.us as the objective source and use their points and rankings... here's the breakdown.
(No this isn't hard... just copied and pasted into excel... sorted and deleted. Took me only a couple minutes to do.)

Brackets sorted by AVG Score of team: Average Score followed by Average Ranking of Teams within that bracket

This would make Sporting SD the most unlikely team (lowest ranked in M) and South Bay United with the luckiest draw (lowest ranked team in E, lowest ranked bracket).

U should work for Cal South, lol...very little if any effort is put in bracketing teams. Based on your info, avg. score doesn't seem to be a good predictor since there is a delta of only +- 3 points...avg. rankings seem to tell a better story, Bracket B and L seem to be tougher cuz they are more balanced.

Thanks for the info...Merry Christmas to all!

U should work for Cal South, lol...very little if any effort is put in bracketing teams. Based on your info, avg. score doesn't seem to be a good predictor since there is a delta of only +- 3 points...avg. rankings seem to tell a better story, Bracket B and L seem to be tougher cuz they are more balanced.

Thanks for the info...Merry Christmas to all!
M is the crazy one for me... You put Pumas and AC Brea in the same bracket? On behalf of the rest of us, thanks for that! Haha!

Also, yeah, I don't get the logic. Several of the brackets do have 2 SCDSL and 2 Coast teams... Maybe that was it... But, then they didn't try and separate SCDSL Flight 1 North from other North and maybe face teams that they weren't in league with... So, yeah... I don't get it beyond Avoiding an all SCDSL Flight 1 group.

That is pretty impressive. What may skew it a bit against bracket G is that the SDSC team played up in the 06 division for league and at least 2 of the tournaments. That said, having Brea and Spartans in one bracket and Irvine Chigirain and Rebels in another is crazy. No way those 4 should be in the same bracket.

We should see several of these teams at vegas cup . Personally I don't know much about 2007 but excited to see my youngest group at the president flight.

So who wins this Cup? TFA teams looked good. PDA had a striker that scored a hundred goals it seems. Rebels, Legends played at other venue, as well as Brea, and I'm sure Brea was lights out. What does everyone else think

Based on looking at current draw for the knockout rounds, I'm thinking its going to be a Rebels vs. AC Brea finals. Rebels looked great this past weekend. TFA and Brea should end up meeting this weekend for the 2nd game so winner of that may end up going to the Finals.

I have a feeling the Rebels will be upset by FC Pumas in the Semi-Final game. We will see how things play out, since the remaining teams like TFA, Legends FC, West Coast, FC GS PDA, La Esperanza, Irv Strikers, Brea Greeen, HAWKS, Rebels, Pumas can make their run for the finals just as well. My prediction is definitely that there will be some great games coming this weekend.

I thru together the Round 32 teams in a readable bracket and have placed my guesses on those that will advance to the Finals.
STATECUP PRES U10 - ROUND 32.xls - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL7bkg6_0T0Qm9TY1RIYV9jcjg/view?usp=sharing

I have a feeling the Rebels will be upset by FC Pumas in the Semi-Final game. We will see how things play out, since the remaining teams like TFA, Legends FC, West Coast, FC GS PDA, La Esperanza, Irv Strikers, Brea Greeen, HAWKS, Rebels, Pumas can make their run for the finals just as well. My prediction is definitely that there will be some great games coming this weekend.

I thru together the Round 32 teams in a readable bracket and have placed my guesses on those that will advance to the Finals.
STATECUP PRES U10 - ROUND 32.xls - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL7bkg6_0T0Qm9TY1RIYV9jcjg/view?usp=sharing
Definitely have to agree with you that there will be some great games this weekend and that the Pumas can very well upset the Rebels. They're both one of the only teams to have beaten AC Brea Green. The Hawks can very well play spoiler as well assuming they and the Pumas meet for the quarterfinals this weekend.

Definitely have to agree with you that there will be some great games this weekend and that the Pumas can very well upset the Rebels. They're both one of the only teams to have beaten AC Brea Green. The Hawks can very well play spoiler as well assuming they and the Pumas meet for the quarterfinals this weekend.

I had such a hard time with FC PUMAS vs HAWKS since they also match up well, but ultimately chose Pumas due to their defensive play. Hawks also did beat AC Brea previously in the year. I also think Rebels don't really have such an easy rode to the ship since LEGENDS FC is also playing terrific soccer and can also play spoiler.

CalSouth gave the U10 Presidents teams for Round 32, Round 16 and Quarters the worst unkempt fields of the tournament. Boo to CalSouth.!

Back