Preseason DA Rankings

Week 3 Rankings
(Record and Goals For/Against)

I am only including the in division games in the records and goals numbers because some of the out of division teams are so bad and everyone does not play the same out of division teams. Plus, So Cal only lost 1 game to the out of divisions teams, so wins don't tell much. However, the results did impact the rankings.

1. Legends (2-0; 11, 0) -- 2 more wins against two terrible teams. The Burlingame team has lost 12-0, 11-0, 11-0, 10-0, 8-0, 6-0, 3-0 (against Surf B team), and 4-1 . Many of the games could have been much worse.
2. Surf (1-0-1; 6, 3) -- Bye weekend. They need a big win against LA Premier next weekend to show the Albion tie was just a fluke.
3. Blues (2-0; 4, 0) -- Bye weekend. They get an undefeated Albion team next weekend. A loss would be costly.
4. Slammers (2-0-1; 1,1) -- Nice win over Placer United, one of the better non division teams. They should add another win against Galaxy next weekend.
5. Galaxy SD (1-0-1; 3,1) -- Drops a spot after a less than impressive win against PSV (3-1). West Coast beat PSV 5-0. SDG lacks some scoring punch, but they will play anyone tough.
6. Albion -- (2-0-1; 3,2) -- Wins only division game this weekend 2-1 against Real. This team is tough and will get a chance to prove it against Blues next weekend.
7. SC del Sol (1-1; 7, 5) -- Drops a spot, but still in the mix.
8. Galaxy (2-0; 7,2) -- Nice win over Earthquake team that beat West Coast. This team keeps winning. Maybe they are better than I think.
9. Beach (1-1; 4,6) -- Off again. Not sure who made the schedules. Game against Albion next week should tell a lot about both teams.
10. West Coast (0-2; 0, 3) -- Only So. Cal team to lose out of division, but rebounded with nice Sunday win against PSV to hold its spot.
11. LA Premier (0-2; 2, 9) -- Moves up 2 spots with 2 wins. Even against lesser competition, 2 good wins can turn a season around. While Burlingame is terrible, the win against Lamorinda was a good one.
12. Real So Cal -- (0-2; 1,3) -- Tough loss to Albion. They need to beat Eagles next week or the team morale will be in worse shape than it already is.
13. Pateadores (0-2; 0, 6) -- Bye weekend. This team badly needed a win against an out of division team.
14. Eagles (0-2; 1, 10) -- Bye weekend. Eagles has a chance for two wins next weekend against two weaker teams. If they don't get it least one, they may not get an in division win all year.

Just a top ten:

1. Surf-They will win the league at this point;
2. Slammers-They havent hit their best stride yet;will they with the new coach?;
3. Blues-Solid core in the middle with the mids and defense;
4. Legends-Easy schedule to commence year; see if the team gels when playing better competition (lost to slammers in showcase);
5. Del Sol-Man handled Beach; will see if consistent; especially with alot of travel.;
6. Beach-they will return as a threat for many teams; matchups sometimes don't workout;
7. LAGSD-4 points with smoking mirrors; see if it lasts through a long year;
8. WCFC-bad luck and draw has them with 2 losses to start; knock the ball around with the best;
9. Albion-early points is a postive with an excellent coach; might be better later in year?
10. Real So Cal- Should have the experience with tough games, i would be surprised if not in the top ten later in the year.

Alot of parity for the top ten teams and shows in a alot of close games; Ive seen some great soccer in this league though; for what is worth at this point here is a top ten list;
1. Surf-Shaky #1 as they have played in close games, SOS (strength of schedule) is weak so far;
2. Slammers-Hearing rumors that they may have the big 2 players play at some point this season;
3. Blues- Most consistent, play excellent together; close to moving them up to #1;
4. LAGSD-team SOS and results have moved them up to this spot.
5. Legends- SOS of schedule has been extremely easy; first test they tied the #7 team.
6. LAGSB-Easy SOS but did play the #2 team close; they could go off the list or up the list once play more difficult teams
7. WCFC-SOS probably the hardest out of the gate; had a nice tie to some posters #1 ranked team (legends);
8.Albion- Similar to WCFC SOS; result a tie to my #1 team, so they could be #7, time will tell.
9.Del Sol-Man handled Beach; but as i thought their results are real inconsistent
10. Beach-inconsitent team, don't know what to think so far.

Week 4 Rankings

1. Blues (3-0; 7, 0) -- Only perfect team deserves the top spot. They have impact players on offense and defense that really make a difference.
2. Surf (2-0-1; 7, 3) -- Barely beat a scrappy LA Premier team. I think they are the best team, but they need to show it.
3. Slammers (2-0-1; 5,3) -- Nice win over a good Galaxy team. The lurking players could move them to the top.
4. Galaxy SD (2-0-1; 8,3) -- Undefeated with big win over Sol. The first time I saw them play, I knew they would compete.
5. Legends (2-0-1; 13, 2) -- Big drop with tie to West Coast. Their wins are against the bottom teams.
6. Galaxy (3-1; 12,7) -- Surprise team of the division. This team can score. Close loss to Slammers and big win vs Eagles.
7. Albion -- (2-1-2; 3,6) -- Tie against Beach cements their spot as better-than-expected middle of the pack team.
8. West Coast (0-2-1; 2, 5) -- This team can beat anyone on any given Sunday (or Saturday).
9. SC del Sol (1-2; 9, 10) -- Slaughter against Beach seems like aberration.
10. Beach (2-1-1; 6,7) -- Want to rank them above Sol, but hard to do this week given the loss. Substitution pattern seems strange.
11. Real So Cal -- (1-2; 2,3) -- Get the win they needed over Eagles. Barely. . .
12. LA Premier (0-3; 2, 10) -- You know things are rough when you are happy to lose 1-0. Still, team could beat Real or Sol and jump up.
13. Pateadores (0-3; 0, 7) -- Another week, another loss. At least they get Eagles eventually.
14. Eagles (0-4; 1, 14) -- This team is awful. They would lose to most B teams. At least they are in first in negative goal differential.

It appears that one of the strikers being revered on Slammers is on the roster at Legends now if I'm not mistaken..an '04?

Week 4 Rankings

1. Blues (3-0; 7, 0) -- Only perfect team deserves the top spot. They have impact players on offense and defense that really make a difference.
2. Surf (2-0-1; 7, 3) -- Barely beat a scrappy LA Premier team. I think they are the best team, but they need to show it.
3. Slammers (2-0-1; 5,3) -- Nice win over a good Galaxy team. The lurking players could move them to the top.
4. Galaxy SD (2-0-1; 8,3) -- Undefeated with big win over Sol. The first time I saw them play, I knew they would compete.
5. Legends (2-0-1; 13, 2) -- Big drop with tie to West Coast. Their wins are against the bottom teams.
6. Galaxy (3-1; 12,7) -- Surprise team of the division. This team can score. Close loss to Slammers and big win vs Eagles.
7. Albion -- (2-1-2; 3,6) -- Tie against Beach cements their spot as better-than-expected middle of the pack team.
8. West Coast (0-2-1; 2, 5) -- This team can beat anyone on any given Sunday (or Saturday).
9. SC del Sol (1-2; 9, 10) -- Slaughter against Beach seems like aberration.
10. Beach (2-1-1; 6,7) -- Want to rank them above Sol, but hard to do this week given the loss. Substitution pattern seems strange.
11. Real So Cal -- (1-2; 2,3) -- Get the win they needed over Eagles. Barely. . .
12. LA Premier (0-3; 2, 10) -- You know things are rough when you are happy to lose 1-0. Still, team could beat Real or Sol and jump up.
13. Pateadores (0-3; 0, 7) -- Another week, another loss. At least they get Eagles eventually.
14. Eagles (0-4; 1, 14) -- This team is awful. They would lose to most B teams. At least they are in first in negative goal differential.

Standings from the DA website:
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/ss/schedule.php?containerID=Mzk5OTcwMA==&v=3

It appears that one of the strikers being revered on Slammers is on the roster at Legends now if I'm not mistaken..an '04?
I noticed that as well. Interesting that a player can change so quickly from a DA team to another DA team. I guess all it take is an "ok" from the club DOC's. Is that really all it takes to switch GDA clubs?

The DA standings on the website are misleading because they include out of league games against an unbalanced out of league schedule. For instance, Surf and SD Galaxy have not gotten to play an easy out of league team while LA Premier has no wins again league teams, but looks middle of the pack because it has 2 wins against weak out of league teams. To meaningfully compare the teams in the league, I think you need to take out the out-of-league games.

The DA standings on the website are misleading because they include out of league games against an unbalanced out of league schedule. For instance, Surf and SD Galaxy have not gotten to play an easy out of league team while LA Premier has no wins again league teams, but looks middle of the pack because it has 2 wins against weak out of league teams. To meaningfully compare the teams in the league, I think you need to take out the out-of-league games.

It will all even out in the end. I would think that performance is more important than the score with almost every team being retooled. There sure are a lot of teams....

I noticed that as well. Interesting that a player can change so quickly from a DA team to another DA team. I guess all it take is an "ok" from the club DOC's. Is that really all it takes to switch GDA clubs?

It's always like that. Whenever the rules need to be bent they get bent. That's why getting US Soccer involved is crazy. Every rule/guideline that they create they will gladly alter/ignore when it suits them.

Alot of parity for the top ten teams and shows in a alot of close games; Ive seen some great soccer in this league though; for what is worth at this point here is a top ten list;
1. Surf-Shaky #1 as they have played in close games, SOS (strength of schedule) is weak so far;
2. Slammers-Hearing rumors that they may have the big 2 players play at some point this season;
3. Blues- Most consistent, play excellent together; close to moving them up to #1;
4. LAGSD-team SOS and results have moved them up to this spot.
5. Legends- SOS of schedule has been extremely easy; first test they tied the #7 team.
6. LAGSB-Easy SOS but did play the #2 team close; they could go off the list or up the list once play more difficult teams
7. WCFC-SOS probably the hardest out of the gate; had a nice tie to some posters #1 ranked team (legends);
8.Albion- Similar to WCFC SOS; result a tie to my #1 team, so they could be #7, time will tell.
9.Del Sol-Man handled Beach; but as i thought their results are real inconsistent
10. Beach-inconsitent team, don't know what to think so far.

1. Surf-sleeping giant awoken against slammers;
2. Blues-Co #1;
3. Slammers; may slide further;
4. LAGSD-assuming they beat up the Pats (no score posted);
5. Legends-scored 3 goals in the last 10 min to beat #9
6. West Coast-handled RSC fairly easy;
7. LAGSB-played easy SOS; have 9 points though;
8. Albion-off
9. Del Sol-let a nice win slip away; ouch.
10. Beach-off

1. Surf-sleeping giant awoken against slammers;
2. Blues-Co #1;
3. Slammers; may slide further;
4. LAGSD-assuming they beat up the Pats (no score posted);
5. Legends-scored 3 goals in the last 10 min to beat #9
6. West Coast-handled RSC fairly easy;
7. LAGSB-played easy SOS; have 9 points though;
8. Albion-off
9. Del Sol-let a nice win slip away; ouch.
10. Beach-off
Albion wasn't off they played CA Thorns and won 2-1
Legend's is definitely #1... most talented l, deep group of girls I have seen play.

clarification
Albion DA 04 - won CA Thorns 2-1
Albion DA 03 - lost to CA Thorns 1-2
My bad.. thought this was the 04 thread..
yes 04's won and 03's lost.. that being said the 03's played right after and they seemed off.. they are an awesome team and have a lot of talented girls and I think they will be higher on this list as the season progresses..

yes 04's won and 03's lost.. that being said the 03's played right after and they seemed off.. they are an awesome team and have a lot of talented girls and I think they will be higher on this list as the season progresses..

Thorns got an own goal in the 04 game? You normally don't see that at this age and level of play. Hope to see some improvement from them, since they definitely have good coaching.

Thorns got an own goal in the 04 game? You normally don't see that at this age and level of play. Hope to see some improvement from them, since they definitely have good coaching.

If you were at the game which you obviously were not you would know that the game wasn't even close.. Albion could have easily won by at least 5.. You really are hoping that Albion does poorly obvious in your other posts and messages.. As far as the coach yes she was an amazing player and did amazing things for soccer but I would take our coach any day over her

Back