Preseason DA Rankings 04

The core of that team is from CDACerritos. There is a lot of talent on that team but Coach Macias had them playing very direct but they got results. The 2 girls who scored braces in the Galaxy game are definately handfuls for any defense!

The core of that team is from CDACerritos. There is a lot of talent on that team but Coach Macias had them playing very direct but they got results. The 2 girls who scored braces in the Galaxy game are definately handfuls for any defense!
At one time both girls that were credited for the goals played at South Bay Force/LAGSB. They left to make a move for ECNL clubs.

At one time both girls that were credited for the goals played at South Bay Force/LAGSB. They left to make a move for ECNL clubs.

Southbay Force got raided by a bunch of ECNL teams several years back. Lots of talent in the Southbay. I think that they over-corrected though with GDA. 2 clubs in the Southbay seem like one club too many and Beach has at least 3 really good coaches in Mauricio, Jeff and Rob D.

Southbay Force got raided by a bunch of ECNL teams several years back. Lots of talent in the Southbay. I think that they over-corrected though with GDA. 2 clubs in the Southbay seem like one club too many and Beach has at least 3 really good coaches in Mauricio, Jeff and Rob D.
Correction I was wrong on those players. The two I was referring to are on the U16/17 team. Not the U14'3.:eek:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/girls-dev-acad-weekly-standout_aid42815

Some serious blowouts. Not that there weren't blowouts in ECNL but I certainly don't remember this many...

One of the complaints with the boys DA is the uneven competition; Top 2-3 teams normally the MLS ones have a bunch of 5+, 4, 3 nil games.

When those same teams go play on a bigger scale with the MX or international teams in tournaments they struggle somewhat, just not used to the consistent higher level competition. When you play for 10 months, 30+ games but only have a half dozen or so that are really close it shows eventually most of the time.

With all these closed leagues included ECNL I don't see how competition can be even close for the majority, spread out too far and wide but eventually things will settle in a bit more as teams get more experience.

One of the complaints with the boys DA is the uneven competition; Top 2-3 teams normally the MLS ones have a bunch of 5+, 4, 3 nil games.

When those same teams go play on a bigger scale with the MX or international teams in tournaments they struggle somewhat, just not used to the consistent higher level competition. When you play for 10 months, 30+ games but only have a half dozen or so that are really close it shows eventually most of the time.

With all these closed leagues included ECNL I don't see how competition can be even close for the majority, spread out too far and wide but eventually things will settle in a bit more as teams get more experience.

I agree with you. Unfortunately on the girls side the net effect is to water down the competition.

Anyone else seeing their club pull the best 04 players up to play with the 03 team on a consistent basis? Our best player played up last week and 4 or 5 starters will be pulled up from our team this weekend. Seems like a good opportunity for some of the better players to test themselves against the olders plus no standings for the 04 group anyway. I believe October is the first month teams can bring in discovery players also.

Anyone else seeing their club pull the best 04 players up to play with the 03 team on a consistent basis? Our best player played up last week and 4 or 5 starters will be pulled up from our team this weekend. Seems like a good opportunity for some of the better players to test themselves against the olders plus no standings for the 04 group anyway. I believe October is the first month teams can bring in discovery players also.
Kinda sucks for the team your playing this weekend (lol).

Good for the girls getting pulled up. With the subbing rule being what it is, makes you wonder how much playing time there is to go around and how the '03's who will potentially lose playing time will feel about it.

Kinda sucks for the team your playing this weekend (lol).

Good for the girls getting pulled up. With the subbing rule being what it is, makes you wonder how much playing time there is to go around and how the '03's who will potentially lose playing time will feel about it.
Our 03 team has a small roster and I believe there are already a few 03 studs playing up. I have heard that the National team scouts have said they feel the top girls should be playing up and that the majority of the girls pulled in to the national pool all play up. Maybe MAP or someone else can confirm if this is true.

Most programs have players playing up here and there (from small rosters/injuries etc) not just socal but nocal too.

Our 03 team has a small roster and I believe there are already a few 03 studs playing up. I have heard that the National team scouts have said they feel the top girls should be playing up and that the majority of the girls pulled in to the national pool all play up. Maybe MAP or someone else can confirm if this is true.

Playing up is good if the player can make an impact. No reason to hold back a unicorn.

Thats a lot of players to bring up for 1 game especially when your only allowed 5 subs.... Would you rather your DD play a full game at 04' or play sparingly at 03'??

1. Surf (1)
2. Legends (3)
3. LAGSD (4)
4. Slammers (10)
5. Blues (8)
6. Del Sol (6)
7. Beach (7)
8. Real So Cal (2)
9. West Coast (5)
10. LA Premier (13)
11. LA Galaxy (11)
12, Eagles (9)
13. Albion (14)
14. Pats (12)

1. Surf (1)
2. Legends (3)
3. LAGSD (4)
4. Slammers (10)
5. Blues (8)
6. Del Sol (6)
7. Beach (7)
8. Real So Cal (2)
9. West Coast (5)
10. LA Premier (13)
11. LA Galaxy (11)
12, Eagles (9)
13. Albion (14)
14. Pats (12)

You went completely sideways after 3... did you use a dartboard or maybe 2014 results?

1. Surf (1)
2. Legends (3)
3. LAGSD (4)
4. Slammers (10)
5. Blues (8)
6. Del Sol (6)
7. Beach (7)
8. Real So Cal (2)
9. West Coast (5)
10. LA Premier (13)
11. LA Galaxy (11)
12, Eagles (9)
13. Albion (14)
14. Pats (12)
Too much parody to rank teams at this point, but I don’t see Blues that high of you factor in record and strength of schedule. 2-2 with a loss to a WC and LA Premier.

Be interesting to do a 3pt system and see where the #’s put everyone.

Unfortunately on the girls side the net effect is to water down the competition
Agree. I almost wonder if it is a "good thing" at some level? Clubs that could never 'really' compete (Nevada, Arizona, some SoCal) now might get a chance to bring home a trophy even though it's basically illusory? The psychological effect has to have a positive result?

Here's another - There will be changes as we go....

1. Surf/Legends
3.LAGSD
4.Slammers
5.Del Sol
6.West Coast
7.Beach
8.RSC
9.Blues
10.LA Galaxy
11.LA Premier 12.Eagles 13.Albion 14.Pats

Back