Preseason DA Rankings 04

Ok...I went back and read thru it, still don't see your point. A teams first games after summer break by no means dictates how they will play. Hell our girls played in the Silverlakes tournament and our Coach changed formations, positions and personnel every 15 min. We went 2-1, I promise you that is not how we will play as we move forward. Scrimmages Legends last weekend. We were tied 2-2 with 15 min left and Coach started changing personnel and formations again. Lost 5-2.

My point being, your making broad, pointed generalizations with little to know merit. (i.e. Your statement about Copa having more talented teams than Albion). Let's just agree to disagree!

It was 2-0 Legends. Both teams changed formations went to 2-2. We probably both changed formations went to 5-2. Seemed like a much close game then the score. Beach moves the ball well. I anticipate some close battles down the line as coaches begin to build there squads.

Yes we are on our 3rd coach and he has been with us for a few weeks now. In regards to the two players that left, the first went back to Surf and was a part of their championship team the other is recent and I believe moved up to play with the 03 team. Our team will be fine. I think there are a few players on our team that were under the radar last year and will surprise some people. Like Kicker's team our coach had players in different positions and experimented with multiple formations in the last showcase. Impossible to rank the DA teams at this point. Every coach is experimenting and most seem to be giving all their players plenty of playing time. That might change in season.

Got it and thanks for the update. I heard this afternoon you have another SD Surf player and she is going back to SD Surf.

How is that a cheap shot? Every Carlsbad parent I have talked to said it wasn't their finest weekend. So let them come back and prove it was just a one off.

Are you trying to get your kid a spot at Carlsbad?
So it was not their finest weekend and yet they still won. I would hate to be on the opposite side when everything is clicking.

Winning is now meaningless according to the Da, right? Style of play more important?
And when they are clicking, they have a great style of play. One off weekend, especially at the start of a season, does not define a team, except to simpletons. All of the top DA teams have players with great footwork and passing skills and LAGSD is included in that list.

It will be very interesting to see how well legends will build team chemistry theres alot of talented young ladies on that team. The chemistry beach has is very evident by their un selfish style play. They are a treat watch also.

Norcal chiming in... I think SJ Earthquakes GU14 likely should be in the mix somewhere (though fair, this could only be for SoCal teams).

(full disclosure... daughter plays on Quakes Pre-DA 05 so definitely a bit of homerism, is that a word?)

Norcal chiming in... I think SJ Earthquakes GU14 likely should be in the mix somewhere (though fair, this could only be for SoCal teams).

(full disclosure... daughter plays on Quakes Pre-DA 05 so definitely a bit of homerism, is that a word?)
Most likely up towards the top of the list!

I agree that Legends I thought would be 1 back in June. I still believe they are pound for pound stacked.
I completely disagree with how the previous posters have ranked these teams- it's like they don't know whose on them.
Ignore it!
S17 - What was your take away from Saturday's friendly?

Talent on Legends is incredible. AFC contributed much talent also got some from Legends Riverside and Blues to name a few. To the hater who bashed Legends style of play I can tell you haven't watched one of their games or recognize when you put together a team from so many different clubs it is only to get better than it already is.

1. Surf (1)
2. Real So Cal (2)
3. Legends (5)
4. LAGSD (6)
5. West Coast (7)
6. Del Sol (11)
7. Beach (3)
8. Blues (4)
9. Eagles (8)
10. Slammers (9)
11. LA Galaxy (10)
12. Pats (12)
13. LA Premier (13)
14. Albion (14)

1. Surf (1)
2. Real So Cal (2)
3. Legends (5)
4. LAGSD (6)
5. West Coast (7)
6. Del Sol (11)
7. Beach (3)
8. Blues (4)
9. Eagles (8)
10. Slammers (9)
11. LA Galaxy (10)
12. Pats (12)
13. LA Premier (13)
14. Albion (14)
Looking forward to the games this weekend against Nor Cal DA teams. It should be fun for WCFC and LAGSD. As we get deeper into this season we will get to learn a lot more about these teams. S17 had it right when she said it will take until after the new year to see where these teams stand. #14 will not be DFL as they are playing a very good brand of soccer right now.

Looking forward to the games this weekend against Nor Cal DA teams. It should be fun for WCFC and LAGSD. As we get deeper into this season we will get to learn a lot more about these teams. S17 had it right when she said it will take until after the new year to see where these teams stand. #14 will not be DFL as they are playing a very good brand of soccer right now.
San Jose Quakes will be missing their top two players this weekend due to National Camp I believe. Other DA teams will also be impacted this weekend as well...

Back