Possible Server Outage *Irma*

Dominic

DA
Staff member
SoCalSoccer.com server is located in Tampa, FLA and might be effected by hurricane Irma.
I received this email from my server company today:

To Our Valued Customers,

With Hurricane Irma continuing its path towards mainland USA and Florida we wanted to establish the first of what is sure to be numerous updates over the coming days. While forecasts over the last 24 hours show Irma moving well east of our Florida data center locations, we want to inform you of our ongoing preparation and how to best reach us for support and updates during Irma’s Florida impact.

First, please know our TPA1 and TPA2 data centers are reinforced concrete buildings built to withstand the severest of weather. Should we lose utility power at either of our Tampa facilities we will fail-over to our UPS systems and diesel generators. We have had the fuel tanks for each of our generators topped off and are storing additional fuel at each location while also establishing lines of communication with our contracted refueling vendors. Our Technical Support and Facility Teams will be, as always, on-site working around the clock throughout the storm maintaining our customer and facility needs..

We recommend you follow Hivelocity on Twitter as it is the simplest way for us to provide updates to the masses during adverse events. While we do not anticipate any interruption in our phone and live chat services we ask that you utilize our trouble ticket system as your primary form of technical support Sunday and Monday.

Currently Hurricane Irma is expected to impact Florida starting Sunday and throughout Monday. We will continue to monitor Irma’s path closely and update you throughout the week and weekend as things progress. Please reach out to your account manager or me if you have any questions.

Follow Us On Twitter - https://twitter.com/HIVELOCITY
myVelocity login- https://my.hivelocity.net/login/
All the Best, Steve Eschweiler HIVELOCITY | COO 813-379-2513 | Hivelocity.net

Back