Ponderable

Nonfarm payrolls increased by 235,000 jobs last month as the construction sector recorded its largest gain in nearly 10 years due to unseasonably warm weather, the Labor Department said on Friday. January's employment gains were revised up to 238,000 from the previously reported 227,000.

Job growth has averaged more than 186,000 per month since January 2010. While Donald Trump's victory in last November's presidential election sparked a stock market rally and jumps in consumer and business confidence, there has been no surge in either business or consumer spending.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-idUSKBN16H0KA

Nonfarm payrolls increased by 235,000 jobs last month as the construction sector recorded its largest gain in nearly 10 years due to unseasonably warm weather, the Labor Department said on Friday. January's employment gains were revised up to 238,000 from the previously reported 227,000.

Job growth has averaged more than 186,000 per month since January 2010. While Donald Trump's victory in last November's presidential election sparked a stock market rally and jumps in consumer and business confidence, there has been no surge in either business or consumer spending.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-idUSKBN16H0KA
Is that you Anti American Espoola? Or are all you libs this way?

Is that you Anti American Espoola? Or are all you libs this way?
Bootsy aint espola.
Booter is an old local from north county I think.
I think I remember having a conversation with him about "toenails", not the one's on your feet, but the old drainage ditch we used to skate that was down the hill from where I grew up.

So, you know what? I hope the campus police at American University find this man.

And when they do, I’m going to request that they do something that might go against their ethics of what they can do to monsters like this. But as a woman, I feel I have every right to demand my piece of flesh for being attacked in such an egregious manner.

I want them to give this guy my phone number and ask him what kind of sandwich he wants because he’s kind of cute, is a sharp dresser and obviously has a great sense of humor.

When Equal Access Means Zero Access for All

There is irrational comfort taken in the belief that man-made laws somehow ensure equality for all. More often than not, the exact opposite is true.

https://fee.org/articles/when-equal-access-means-zero-access-for-all/

Berkeley’s free online library was found in violation of the ADA.

Nearly 3,000 miles away from the iconic Sather Gate entrance at UC Berkeley, two employees of Washington D.C.’s Gallaudet University—a school for the deaf— were outraged to learn that Berkeley’s online archives, though extensive in scope, were not accessible to those with hearing impairments.

Instead of contacting Berkeley to see if accommodations could be made without resorting to state intervention, the complainants sought help from the Department of Justice (DOJ).

After investigating the claims made by the two Gallaudet employees, the DOJ came to the conclusion that yes, Berkeley’s free online archive had in fact violated the ADA, particularly Title II, which mandates that all public audio and video content provide accommodations for the deaf and hard of hearing. Among these stipulations is the requirement that all applicable content offer closed captioning, which, regrettably, 543 of Berkeley’s videos were missing.

The DOJ has declined from publicly commenting on the matter, but its letter to Berkeley officials laid out the alleged violations clearly:

“The Department found that of the 543 videos it could identify on the YouTube channel, 75 had manually generated closed captions. Of the remainder, many had automatic captioning generated by YouTube’s speech recognition technology.”

Unfortunately, the government is not a magical entity, it cannot wave a wand and level all playing fields without trespassing on someone else’s freedom along the way., which is precisely what is happening as a result of the complaints filed against UC Berkeley.

This State Wants Protestors Prosecuted as Organized Criminals

The bill passed the senate by a vote of 17-14 on Wednesday and will now move on to the state house. If the bill is approved, it will be placed on the desk of Governor Doug Ducey, who recently made headlines by speaking out against occupational licensing and who will hopefully have the sense to veto this bill and protect all forms of free speech.

https://fee.org/articles/this-state-wants-protestors-prosecuted-as-organized-criminals/

This State Wants Protestors Prosecuted as Organized Criminals

The bill passed the senate by a vote of 17-14 on Wednesday and will now move on to the state house. If the bill is approved, it will be placed on the desk of Governor Doug Ducey, who recently made headlines by speaking out against occupational licensing and who will hopefully have the sense to veto this bill and protect all forms of free speech.

https://fee.org/articles/this-state-wants-protestors-prosecuted-as-organized-criminals/
As soon as roads are blocked, property is damaged and looted, or people are assaulted, they become a criminal mob.
Everything else is allowed under the constitution, and I encourage the "protestors" to keep it up. They make those of us who work for a living, look better.

As soon as roads are blocked, property is damaged and looted, or people are assaulted, they become a criminal mob.
Everything else is allowed under the constitution, and I encourage the "protestors" to keep it up. They make those of us who work for a living, look better.
Protesting is a paid job now and therefore work. Wonder how the IRS audits those earnings.

GOP Rep. faces backlash for controversial tweet: ‘Can’t restore’ U.S. with ‘somebody else’s babies’

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is under fire for a controversial post he made on Twitter on Sunday, in which he appears to suggest the United States shouldn’t allow more immigrants to enter the country because it would prevent the restoration of “civilization.”

“[Geert] Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny,” wrote King. “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

Sounds like a pretty smart guy to me.

One of Wilders’ most controversial positions is on immigration, especially as it relates to Muslims. According to a report by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Wilders has said he plans to “de-Islamise” the Netherlands, vowing to close mosques and Islamic schools and ban the Koran, the Islamic holy book.

Back