Planning ahead...

Hey Chelsea dad are you sure your in the correct chat? I didn’t know Chelsea had a 09 team? wait you know this isn’t a rec soccer chat don’t you? How embarrassing for you.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

It looks like there are several top NTX teams headed to Surf Cup next year. You should see 4-6 2009 teams coming, if not more.

That Surf Cup trophy is legit and every NTX player/family I have spoken to agrees that is is a great tourney.

Manchester City Cup or Legends Classic for next May? Maybe some insight?

May 2020.
Legends / Silverlakes = good temps (not too hot), closer to Disneyland fair hotel costs. Slightly better for girls team.
Man City / Surf = beach in SD with higher hotel costs. Slightly better for boys teams.

The nice thing about Silverlakes is that its 24 fields with a restaurant and bar. The weather will be warmer, but not too hot in May. The guys at Silverlakes do a good job with the fields. The guys at Surf Cup Sports do a poorer job. Oceanside (SoCal Soccer Complex) was horribly thatchy and dangerous this year at State Cup. I was shocked how bad it was ... spongy field that contributed to a few injuries (older boys), but should not be a problem for the uLittles.

Hi Big Tex...CDA Slammers Cruz here. If you are planning on making the trip to Cali then make it worth it! Surf Cup is your best bet. It's no Supercopa in terms of organizing, build up, sponsors, extra events, etc...but it's the closest to it. Our friends from Hawaii brought their team to Man City this year and were super disappointed; safe to say they won't be coming back. Our girls play a lot of tournaments, none of them come close to the experience you get playing at Supercopa...their even coordinators do an amazing job and make the trip worthwhile. Nice to know we will have a variation of teams headed our way soon. Our girls are always grateful to play against good competition.

Hi Big Tex...CDA Slammers Cruz here. If you are planning on making the trip to Cali then make it worth it! Surf Cup is your best bet. It's no Supercopa in terms of organizing, build up, sponsors, extra events, etc...but it's the closest to it. Our friends from Hawaii brought their team to Man City this year and were super disappointed; safe to say they won't be coming back. Our girls play a lot of tournaments, none of them come close to the experience you get playing at Supercopa...their even coordinators do an amazing job and make the trip worthwhile. Nice to know we will have a variation of teams headed our way soon. Our girls are always grateful to play against good competition.

Congratulations on winning Players Cup yesterday, I heard final was a great game.

I went to Legends and Man City this year. Both are well run tournaments. Legends is a bigger tournament and will be more competitive due to the larger number of teams/flights. Man City has top teams but also had some flight 2/3 teams thrown into the mix (e.g. SD Surf and Liverpool 2nd teams). Legends is played the weekend before Memorial Day weekend...Man City is Memorial Day weekend:

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=1197&fid=5983
https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=72072&Gender=Girls&Age=10

Go for Legends if you are looking for competition in every game. Or go for Man City if you are looking to turn it into a combination vacation near the ocean (Socal complex in Oceanside is nice).

Surf Cup is the most competitive So Cal tournament with Legends/Man City/Albion Cup/Blues Cup being one step down. I would not consider Cerritos Memorial if you're looking for top competition.

What do you mean that Legends Cup is a bigger tournament??? Man City had 60’ish fields spread out over the two venues at Oceanside and Del Mar. I think it was boys in Oceanside and girls in Del Mar. There are top teams playing at Man City. I know Silverlakes has a good number of fields, but no where near 60.

What do you mean that Legends Cup is a bigger tournament??? Man City had 60’ish fields spread out over the two venues at Oceanside and Del Mar. I think it was boys in Oceanside and girls in Del Mar. There are top teams playing at Man City. I know Silverlakes has a good number of fields, but no where near 60.
Should have clarified Legends had more teams in the age groups we were playing (28 v. 16 for G09, 16 v. 6 for G11).

Back