Pick-up Games

CochiLoco

BRONZE
Anyone know about youth pick-up soccer games in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel Valley. My son is seven years old and I would like for him to join in some local pickup games/friendlies.

Thanks

Anyone know about youth pick-up soccer games in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel Valley. My son is seven years old and I would like for him to join in some local pickup games/friendlies.

Thanks

Just have him join AYSO. More structure and he will get a cool uniform, make some new friends and have fun. Temple City AYSO has a good program.

Thanks. He's already part of AYSO. With only one game and one practice, I'm looking for additional low-cost exposure to soccer.

Probably too far west for you, but RealSoCal has a spring program in the west Valley with games mostly on Sunday. Some of the bigger clubs have rec programs like that to feed their club system, but the fall program would more than likely conflict with your AYSO schedule and are deep into the season now anyways. You might check your local boys and girls club...but be warned that's truly rec where everyone plays (including kids with disabilities and kids who have never played before). My elder played in a Latino league in the Valley but it's no longer around. Parks & rec here also had a league for the little ones but for kids over 7 they generally don't have enough players.

Thanks. He's already part of AYSO. With only one game and one practice, I'm looking for additional low-cost exposure to soccer.

Oh one other suggestion....if you are just looking for additional touches on the ball a lot of the clubs have Friday night soccer training for the littler ones...they don't play full games with refs in most of them (just drills and sometimes scrimmages). Again, a way to recruit future players. All 4 big clubs in our area have it, including Real So Cal.

It used to be like that. I would get together with the kids in the neighborhood and we would just play. I took my son to Guatemala over the summer and kids would just come outside and play in the alley even in the rain. Not many parents I know are willing to take the time to take their kids to the park to play a scrimmage game. Hard enough to get them to show up to practice on time. ***End of Rant****

US5 in Norwalk has pick-up games , your son might be to young though. My sons(14 and 17 year old) go after school sometimes, after homework is done. They play for a couple of hours playing pick-up games all for 5 dollars each.

There are leagues for young kids there . FYI I having nothing to do with US5 , just passing on info

Back