Pay to Play Model in Girls DA - Thing of the past?

Pay to Play model - Is it a thing of the past?

• Yes - Clubs that do not adapt this model will not be as successful in a few years.

• No - It will always be here, and smaller clubs will still be successful.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't see Surf, Blues, Legends, or yes Beach, having too much problem Keep an eye on college commits and which clubs are successfully placing their players. That's what matters. Those are the good clubs, free or not
Free is free, but good is good too. And good is not always free.

You can’t rely totally on college commitments tally as certain clubs are better recruiters than trainers. Some if not most kids that clubs take credit for have received quality training elsewhere and have been recruited in.

Having said that, if you find a DA team that offfers good training, why does it matter if you are in the top 4 or the bottom 4 considering your still getting the same exposure to the same college coaches? Winning does not necessarily mean best training as I noted above. Doing it free sounds better than paying. What am I missing?

Question. I know Slammers Academy (girls) practices in Irvine this year. Will this change next year or the year after? Especially with them building that facility near the 110??
Have to say that its hard to believe that an entire coaching staff in OC and affiliated girls program would travel to CSLA to train.

With some of the recent announcements - what happens to DA costs at teams?
Slammers out of DA- what’s the impact on their ecnl costs?
SD Surf and OC Surf out of ecnl. Any impact on their DA costs?

What about DPL costs?

Back