Pats and Strikers Pre Academy parents

LAOC

BRONZE
Any parents with kids on either Pre Academy team (Pats or Strikers) have feedback about the club/team? We moved to OC from LA and would like to tryout next season.

With all due respect...you asking this leads me to believe that you aren’t following the division...The Strikers u12/08’s Pre-Academy are the most decorated team in the age group...They have 2 State Cup titles and a State Cup finalist in the last 3 years, to go along with a Surf Cup Championship, and a Consolation Championship at the MIC tournament in Spain playing a year up...they recently won Albion Cup playing up at the 07 age group beating Albion’s 07 DA team...if Strikers hasn’t found you, I think you should go to Pats because Strikers are LOADED...Pats does play a couple of 08’s at 07 DA, but I can’t remember them getting out of groups at any significant tournaments...just sayin...FACTS!!!

With all due respect, that was the most douchebag answer you could have given. As my post states, we just moved from LA to OC and I actually have a life and better things to do then follow clubs in a different county. I made the post in hopes to get some honest feedback.

Chances are with a response like that you are the one dad on the team that all the other parents hate. I am willing to put money that your kid is in the bottom 3 talent wise on the team and is on the verge of getting demoted. We are actually really good friends with one of the families on the team who have been there for years but wanted to hear some unbiased opinions. I will ask them if they know who "TMZSOCCER" is...

Anyone can look up these teams scores but I wanted to know what the culture is like and honestly if there are parents like you I'm sure its toxic or on the verge of becoming toxic.

someone’s feelings are hurt.LOL!! I don’t have a kid on this team just happen to know the division...what’s douchebaggy about listing a team’s resume....as far as me not having a life you’re asking for feedback in a chat room.LOL!!! Keep your kid at AYSO to get a participation trophy every year with a cool parents tunnel...if you want to know who’s developing better players between the 2 clubs...it’s Strikers...and it’s not that close..I can say with confidence that Pats doesn’t have anyone comparable to R Chingirian or the newly added Willie Diaz...Stay Classy LAOC LOL!!!

someone’s feelings are hurt.LOL!! I don’t have a kid on this team just happen to know the division...what’s douchebaggy about listing a team’s resume....as far as me not having a life you’re asking for feedback in a chat room.LOL!!! Keep your kid at AYSO to get a participation trophy every year with a cool parents tunnel...if you want to know who’s developing better players between the 2 clubs...it’s Strikers...and it’s not that close..I can say with confidence that Pats doesn’t have anyone comparable to R Chingirian or the newly added Willie Diaz...Stay Classy LAOC LOL!!![/QUOTE
someone’s feelings are hurt.LOL!! I don’t have a kid on this team just happen to know the division...what’s douchebaggy about listing a team’s resume....as far as me not having a life you’re asking for feedback in a chat room.LOL!!! Keep your kid at AYSO to get a participation trophy every year with a cool parents tunnel...if you want to know who’s developing better players between the 2 clubs...it’s Strikers...and it’s not that close..I can say with confidence that Pats doesn’t have anyone comparable to R Chingirian or the newly added Willie Diaz...Stay Classy LAOC LOL!!!
Are you drunk? I made a post asking parents on the team to respond if they wanted. You’re telling me that you responded the way you did and don’t even have a kid on the team?

Both Pats and Strikers are good clubs and you seem to have way too much time on your hands. I’m not going to respond to you anymore. This was strange...

We have had a positive experience with the Pats as a club in general. We are a different age from you, so I can’t speak to the individual coach though. Good luck with the tryouts!

Because of the coaches Strikers have, they are in Tier 2 DA.....

Because of the coaches Strikers have, they are in Tier 2 DA.....
Is it because of the coaches or because they aren't a fully funded DA? I have actually heard good things about the coaching staff which is why I asked about them and Pats.

Is it because of the coaches or because they aren't a fully funded DA? I have actually heard good things about the coaching staff which is why I asked about them and Pats.

You will have as many opinions as people you ask. The best way is to bring your boy to training and see for yourself.
One of the reasons, Strikers didn't get into 1st tier - their coaching stuff don't have high enough licences and don't have anyone with Academy Director licence to be coaching at DA level.
Their younger teams are very good and prob the top in the country, because they recruit very well (has nothing to do with coaching). One of the tools they used for recruiting was their DA status. We will have to see how it will pan out now that they are in Tier 2 DA.

You will have as many opinions as people you ask. The best way is to bring your boy to training and see for yourself.
One of the reasons, Strikers didn't get into 1st tier - their coaching stuff don't have high enough licences and don't have anyone with Academy Director licence to be coaching at DA level.
Their younger teams are very good and prob the top in the country, because they recruit very well (has nothing to do with coaching). One of the tools they used for recruiting was their DA status. We will have to see how it will pan out now that they are in Tier 2 DA.
I haven't heard the recruiting angle before but it makes sense. I thought the strikers '08 pre academy had lots of kids that have been there a while but I am sure they picked up new kids along the way. I don't know anything about Pats other then they are the other OC academy club.

Just curious, why do you insist coaching has nothing to do with strikers?

I have an 08 son, been with Strikers Irvine 4 years at Flight 1 level. We are not on the team discussed above but the Reserve 08 Pre-Academy. Strikers has three flight 1 teams for 08, and the Pre-Academy team is now only playing 07s. There is A LOT of talent at the club for that age group. Each year, we have gotten more and more talent. In all 4 years we've been there, Pats has never had a competitive 08 flight 1 team that was anywhere close to the Strikers. Last year the flight 1 08 Pats Irvine team finished last out of the 8 teams in our group. I can't speak for any other age, only the one I know. As for the coaches, we've been happy with all of them, and I don't agree with the post above that said coaching has nothing to do with the success of the team discussed. There were plenty of teams they played against that had lots of individual talent, but they were not able to beat them. If they had success for just one year, it could be chalked up to good synergy, a good run, whatever, but multiple years, just not possible without some good coaching in my opinion. As for the parents, having been with the club 4 years, I can say majority of the parents are great people. Competitive and passionate yes, but parents that are so bad others hate them, no.

I have an 08 son, been with Strikers Irvine 4 years at Flight 1 level. We are not on the team discussed above but the Reserve 08 Pre-Academy. Strikers has three flight 1 teams for 08, and the Pre-Academy team is now only playing 07s. There is A LOT of talent at the club for that age group. Each year, we have gotten more and more talent. In all 4 years we've been there, Pats has never had a competitive 08 flight 1 team that was anywhere close to the Strikers. Last year the flight 1 08 Pats Irvine team finished last out of the 8 teams in our group. I can't speak for any other age, only the one I know. As for the coaches, we've been happy with all of them, and I don't agree with the post above that said coaching has nothing to do with the success of the team discussed. There were plenty of teams they played against that had lots of individual talent, but they were not able to beat them. If they had success for just one year, it could be chalked up to good synergy, a good run, whatever, but multiple years, just not possible without some good coaching in my opinion. As for the parents, having been with the club 4 years, I can say majority of the parents are great people. Competitive and passionate yes, but parents that are so bad others hate them, no.
Which Pats team finished last in your group? I don't see that being the case in the table.

upload_2019-8-9_0-42-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-9_0-41-34.png
    upload_2019-8-9_0-41-34.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 13
Which Pats team finished last in your group? I don't see that being the case in the table.

View attachment 5170
That's the one, and thanks for the correction, I did mix up their finish with another team, so my bad. They had been at the bottom and then had a good run at the end of the season to climb up a bit. The three teams at the top finished way ahead of everyone else though, and the head to head scores of Strikers vs. Pats is telling. Anyways, again want to reiterate having a great experience with Strikers at 08 age level. Great talent, great coaches, great parents.

I don't get the whole idea of "Pre-Academy". Maybe the clubs can just keep track of new siblings born into families already buying their product, and offer a down payment plus monthly account maintenance fee option so that Sally's new sister will be guaranteed a spot on the pre-whatever tryouts when she gets old enough to run and kick a ball.

I think a lot of clubs toss around the term "Pre Academy" as a marketing ploy. I do believe the Strikers '08 Pre Academy is for real and not a marketing ploy. I don't believe the Pats have a "real" Pre Academy because they just don't seem to have any quality teams in the '08 group.

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/rankings/National/12/Boys/

Edit: a quick look at rankings and the Strikers actually play up in age sometimes as well

At the 08 age group, Strikers are the cream of the class. Check the Surf Cup they finished near the top of their group in the top flight in 2007. They won the Albion Cup top flight playing a year up. If you're looking for environment, I can't answer but there is no doubt that if you want the best coaching and training sessions that Strikers will deliver.

Here's a link to there YouTube Channel

At the 08 age group, Strikers are the cream of the class. Check the Surf Cup they finished near the top of their group in the top flight in 2007. They won the Albion Cup top flight playing a year up. If you're looking for environment, I can't answer but there is no doubt that if you want the best coaching and training sessions that Strikers will deliver.

Here's a link to there YouTube Channel
I actually watched the first half of a game with a couple parents on my sons team at Surf Cup. They were playing up in age against a team from Mexico, 1-1 at half but the Strikers had an absolute banger of a goal. The team actually looks small in size but that could be due to them playing up in age.

I am curious if any parents from the team have had any discussions about the academy tiers yet? Have the coaches brought it up to the parents and what it means?

We are a normal size team IMO but playing up this year is much different from playing up last year. This year the 07 boys seem a lot bigger than last , probably a puberty thing....Mexico team was big and so was Real. Honestly , we have a great team with great kids and great parents, we do a lot together outside of soccer too.
A fun environment and thats important for this age too, trust me we train like the best of them and the boys all are very serious when coach educates them on all aspects of soccer and life too.....for my sons development, Im glad he's part of this team.

We are a normal size team IMO but playing up this year is much different from playing up last year. This year the 07 boys seem a lot bigger than last , probably a puberty thing....Mexico team was big and so was Real. Honestly , we have a great team with great kids and great parents, we do a lot together outside of soccer too.
A fun environment and thats important for this age too, trust me we train like the best of them and the boys all are very serious when coach educates them on all aspects of soccer and life too.....for my sons development, Im glad he's part of this team.
Glad you are enjoying it!

You didn't answer my question though. Has the coach or staff addressed the New Tiered DA System yet?

Back