Passback -- or not???

Thank you MarkM! I thought I was losing my mind. Shove that in your pie hole, JaP!
Tim, the person who wrote that info whose link was provided, is a good friend. I think I'll call him up and show him this just for a good laugh.

By the way, did I remember to tell you an intentional pass can be made to the goalkeeper for the keeper to pick it up?

Tim, the person who wrote that info whose link was provided, is a good friend. I think I'll call him up and show him this just for a good laugh.

By the way, did I remember to tell you an intentional pass can be made to the goalkeeper for the keeper to pick it up?
Oh, your good friend TIM. Who apparently goes by the pen name JIM. You're such an idiot.
BTW, you did remember to falsely state the rule.

Oh, your good friend TIM. Who apparently goes by the pen name JIM. You're such an idiot.
BTW, you did remember to falsely state the rule.
Okay, to clarify the Laws on this and reduce the bickering I will try to help.

It is an Indirect Free Kick if a goalkeeper, inside of his own penalty area, "touches a ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate."

As espola said, if the keeper touches the ball with his hands outside of the penalty area, he is just like any other player and it is a direct free kick.

As JAP mentioned but did not explain, the law has nothing to do with passing. You will see players pass the ball to their own keeper all the time using their head or chest, which is perfectly legal.

Thank you MarkM! I thought I was losing my mind. Shove that in your pie hole, JaP!

While JAP may be officious and intentionally vague on occasion, that link appears to confirm his statements rather than refute them. Unless you use the phrase, "shove that in your pie hole" to mean the same as, "I guess you were right" I am not sure why you are saying that.

Coaches, players and parents are often surprised when referees refer to the Spirit of the Game as a reason for a decision. While long a part of soccer, the notion has not always been written in the law book - in part, because IFAB appears to like to remove stuff it thinks that "everyone knows." The concept has returned in writing in the latest revision of the laws of the game. Law 5 states that "Decisions will be made to the best of the referee's ability according to the laws of the game and the 'spirit of the game."

While JAP may be officious and intentionally vague on occasion, that link appears to confirm his statements rather than refute them. Unless you use the phrase, "shove that in your pie hole" to mean the same as, "I guess you were right" I am not sure why you are saying that.
Seriously JaP!? You had to create an alternate screen name to defend yourself. Unless this is daddy "Gimpyhip" on to defend his boy. Hmmmm? "Shove it in your pie hole" means exactly what it always has, because you are still wrong. link does nothing to confirm statements made by your boy JaP. Quite the contrary. Confirms My position entirely.

I have no problem letting someone know they were right, if they were. Nor do I have a problem admitting I am wrong. Neither applies in this thread.

Back