Parents from certain teams

Discussion in 'SoCalScene' started by 46n2, May 29, 2018.

1. socalkdg

socalkdg Silver

Ratings:
    +695 / 4
    Every once in a while my daughter will look at me from her spot at keeper, put her finger to her lips to shhhh me. Or my wife smacks me. I'm getting better, I promise. I don't want to become one of the guys you talk about here on the forum. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +9,055 / 159
    Too late. JK.
    My daughter shushes her mom quite often, nothing worse than a parent getting on the refs with little or no knowledge of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RedCard

RedCard Bronze

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    I feel bad when I’m the center referee and a player comes to me during the game and request that I ask their mom/dad to stop yelling at them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Surfref

Surfref Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +2,069 / 21
    I had a 15 year old girl this past weekend tell her dad to shut up. The dad was trying to joystick his daughter when there was no need because she knew what she was doing. There were also a few fights/confrontations on the sidelines at Rebels Cup this past weekend. It is embarrassing for the club when two coaches from the same club get into it on the sideline and their DOC has to break them up. The parents in the four 7v7 games were a hell of a lot better behaved then the parents in the six B/G13-16 games that I worked. I had absolutely no problems with those younger's parents.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. baldref

baldref Silver

Ratings:
    +648 / 6
    surprising how much this actually happens. what also happens is the poor kid who hangs their head after you remove their dad from the field and he is screaming profanity all the way to the parking lot.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. baldref

baldref Silver

Ratings:
    +648 / 6
    i know you don't give a shit or care, but you're the problem.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Soccer Cat

Soccer Cat Bronze

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I watched two parents and one kid get tossed out of two different 2004 games/same team this weekend at Charity Cup. They deserved it, the ref actually had a lot of restraint. They really should have tossed one of the coaches and several of the parents as well. Their sideline erupted in cheers when their girls got yellow cards. Our team played after theirs and the bad parents' sideline was littered with trash when they left.

8. timbuck

timbuck

Ratings:
    +2,651 / 26
    In all seriousness- What would it take for the leagues to put parents on the same side as their teams?
    An asshole will still be an asshole. But at least it will be harder to start a fight from across the field.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. baldref

baldref Silver

Ratings:
    +648 / 6
    my mom loved watching my daughter play, and her and my step dad would even drive to temecula from pine valley where they lived, to watch her games. even after my step dad couldn't walk very well, she would pack up his scooter in the mini-van and they would go anywhere to watch her play. step dad passed away about seven years ago, and mom was on her own. my kid stopped playing and mom was lonely. I started having her come out to watch me ref games. it gave her the youth soccer fix and it was good to get her out of the house and doing something active, although at first it was a bit weird having a fifty something year old man getting kisses from his mommy after the games..... anyway, we've had a lot of fun with it over the years. at first mom had to really bite her lip as she sat with the sidelines listening to the crazy stuff that parents say, not just towards the referee (her son), but towards their own kids, and to the opposing players. some of the things she tells me after the games is just pure insanity. we have had fun with it too from time to time. One game, she's sitting in the middle of the parents and the ball goes over her head and she made a feeble attempt to stop it. I yelled "hey old lady! how about a little bit better effort next time!" the looks from the parents was awesome..... another time, i had a sideline that was very very unhappy with me, and she was sitting in the middle of them. after the game I make a beeline straight over to them with my grumpy face, and then stop and give my mom a hug and say, "how did you friends like me mom?". again, the expressions on their faces were so great. over the years, mom has identified not only clubs with the worst parents, but certain coaches that i've seen numerous times, and how they treat their kids, and she doesn't really approve.

hmmmm..... i'm not sure i have a point to this story......

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Messi>CR7

Messi>CR7 Bronze

Ratings:
    +208 / 0
    Lovely story, but I'm a little disappointed with the ending. In the middle of the paragraph, I was hoping this ends with your mom with her scooter plowing through those parents who berated you.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. baldref

baldref Silver

Ratings:
    +648 / 6
    at first, she would get very upset, and she did have words a couple of times with one or two of them. but i told her she just had to ignore it. i'm not saying i wouldn't stop a game to go kick someone's ass who was attacking my mother, but i sure don't want to. :)

12. pewpew

pewpew Silver

Ratings:
    +346 / 7
    I almost choked on my drink right now laughing so hard reading this at my player's training!!:eek:
    A few other parents asked me if I was ok but I just played it off saying it went down the wrong way.

13. coachrefparent

coachrefparent Silver

Ratings:
    +634 / 21
    You are the one that said "I have no problem with parents yelling at their kids to hustle or play harder, because I’m pretty sure before the game that parent was yelling at the kid to get off fortnite and get to bed early..."

You sound like my son, "I need my phone and computer to do homework....", and using tbh and "u" instead of you tells me you're a child.

14. Keepermom2

Keepermom2

Ratings:
    +218 / 7
    LOL...my daughter did the same thing to me this weekend. It is just so hard!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. DefndrDad

DefndrDad Bronze

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Keep going lol what happens next?! I bet your mom’s “stories from the sideline” could be a reality show.

16. JJP

JJP Silver

Ratings:
    +339 / 6
    Using abbreviations makes me a child? If that’s the only substantive response you have, why do u even bother to reply? You make no sense. There’s no correlation between abbreviation use and age.

And yes, he does need his computer to do homework. There’s this program called Google Docs. His school has given him a student account where he saves his homework on a network drive. Some of his homework has to be turned in that way, the teacher won’t accept paper. When he saves the homework, it gets time stamped so the teacher can see that it’s turned in on time.

Please explain o fount of all knowing wisdom how he’s supposed to save homework on google docs without a computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JJP

JJP Silver

Ratings:
    +339 / 6
    Yes, Ms. Laura Ingersoll, I can see that you want me and everyone else to “just shut up and dribble.” Because you are a ref, or a coach, with a position of authority. And you want that authority respected.

But this is the USA, not some banana republic like where you grew up. People here get to speak up and disagree with the President of the US. So there’s no way you can demand or expect that kind of respect for a coach or ref, especially a shitty coach or ref.

And let’s face it. There are some incredibly bad coaches and refs out there. If some adult wants to criticize a shitty coach or ref and is willing to live with the consequences, then it’s on him or her. I’m not getting involved to say “tut tut, that’s improper” and regulate grown men and women as if they’re children like you want to.

I get it that you think people who say things you disagree with are the problem. What I’m telling you is, people like you who don’t stick to their own lane are the bigger problem.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. baldref

baldref Silver

Ratings:
    +648 / 6
    anger. lack of respect, poor upbringing, too bad, so sad.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fact

Fact Silver

Ratings:
    +1,057 / 36
    You need a lesson in constitutional law. Just like the stupid parents that think you can sit wherever they like during a game. YOU CANNOT DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ON THE SIDELINES!! The area around the fields, along with the fields are rented for the game and thus are controlled and governed by the rules of whatever organization is the licensing body. In most cases around here it is the home team/club/tournament and CalSouth. Don't STFU and you can and should be tossed. You continue to violate the rule and you can and should be banned from all games. Just because no one has the balls to say anything to you so far does not mean it is allowed, just means people are chicken shit or are trying to not make it worse for your kid. Sounds like you possibly might be a good candidate to report to CPS depending upon the age of your child.

Since you think that you are invincible. why don't you tell me which team your kid plays on? I will personally make sure I come and watch the games and file reports on your behavior with CalSouth. Then we will see what exactly your rights are. You're a poor excuse for a human.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. JJP

JJP Silver

Ratings:
    +339 / 6
    OMG. Learn to read.

The thing I said setting off this shitfest is, I have no problem with parents saying “C’mon pick it up” to their kid, and that innocuous statement really seems to have triggered the manner nannies, because you don’t like anyone saying anything at all, or anything you disagree with.

The behavior of the refs in this discussion matches the behavior of the vast majority of refs I’ve seen in games, and shows why you are a big part of the problem. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve seen a ref blow a call, hearing a parent tell the ref something like, “That’s not an offsides, #18 over there was keeping everyone insides.”

And the parent is completely right, and then ref blows up, tells the parent he will kick him out, and starts making more terrible calls to get his revenge, ticking off more parents, and then that idiot ref starts complaining about “crazy parents”.

Sure , there are crazy parents, but there are tons of crazy, crappy refs. And you are one of them. Threatening to follow me around at my son’s games so you can police my behavior because u don’t like the fact that I’m telling the truth and not knuckling under to what you guys thinks is “proper”behavior. That’s called stalking you crazy ass fool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1