Parents from certain teams

Boy that lady got mad when I used that line this past weekend. I tried to send her a link to this page but she wasn't having any of it.
Y do u have this woman’s contact info?

The sideline comments do tend to ease up in the older brackets. But I got to mention, I was surprised at one tournament last season that my DD (U17) played, one of the team she played against, every time this team scored, the parents (mostly moms) literally did a high school cheer with hand claps and all and you could hear one of the moms do a countdown so it was in unison. All I can do was SMH.

I don't care that you cheer for your team for a goal well deserved but to actually have a rehearsed cheer that the parents recite is so ridiculous. I just wonder do they approach new parents and tell/email them what to do...;)
As a mom of that age group I’d have to say ummm no thanks...and be extremely embarrassed every game

This past weekend, after a heated game (in which my kid's team lost), my kid was on the ground stretching/rolling out. Most families/players had already dispersed. Two boys from the opposing team walk by my kid and give him a high five/hand shake and tell him "Good game". Every now and then, I see this happening and it makes up for all the other bullsh*%! The kids are alright...most parents suck. ;)
My DDs team won national cup in OT and it was a hard fought battle by both teams. The girls started to get a little fiesty with exhaustion and desperation. My DDs defender was amazing. I made sure after he game toet her know that even my daughter commented on how good she was.
I bet they all had on cool, sparkly tank tops with their players number on them too.
yeah no sparkly soccer mom clothes for me ...

hmmmm.... i shouldn't be doing that, should i?
Now that Cal-South has required everyone to sign a concussion form - Maybe the next step is for all parents to take a mandatory "Laws of the Game" training. A 30-minute recorded video sure would go a long way.

Now that Cal-South has required everyone to sign a concussion form - Maybe the next step is for all parents to take a mandatory "Laws of the Game" training. A 30-minute recorded video sure would go a long way.
Great idea, but who will produce it?

This is a bit dated, but not bad. (A few edits- Call the sideline the "touchline". Don't call them linesman - They are "Assistant Referees". There is no offsideSSS. It is offsidE).
I would include more detail on "Handling", "Trifling" and "Advantage"

This quick 5 minutes would save a lot of aggravation on Saturdays.

This is a bit dated, but not bad. (A few edits- Call the sideline the "touchline". Don't call them linesman - They are "Assistant Referees". There is no offsideSSS. It is offsidE).
I would include more detail on "Handling", "Trifling" and "Advantage"

This quick 5 minutes would save a lot of aggravation on Saturdays.

OK, but do we have to say "nil" instead of "zero"?

Pitch?

Side?

Why is @David Parsio steering clear of this thread?

Thanks for the shout out! Don't see how my fight with Cal South transfers to behavior on the sideline but however you wish..

Just so your aware, my handle is my actual name , since you do not seem very bright. I have been on these forums for 12 years through all the VIN Bryan Wallace, Mario BS as well as countless stupidity by individuals I still see lurking. My OG handle before the site switches, breakdowns, refreshes etc was "Couls".

Maybe I will change it by investing in a Platinum membership...Have fun "intheValley" I hear its a nice place.

Thanks for the shout out! Don't see how my fight with Cal South transfers to behavior on the sideline but however you wish..

Just so your aware, my handle is my actual name , since you do not seem very bright. I have been on these forums for 12 years through all the VIN Bryan Wallace, Mario BS as well as countless stupidity by individuals I still see lurking. My OG handle before the site switches, breakdowns, refreshes etc was "Couls".

Maybe I will change it by investing in a Platinum membership...Have fun "intheValley" I hear its a nice place.
I remember that handle. I must admit I miss some of the posters from the old site. Someone brought up Azzuri. And not to long ago Casper.

Parent that yell on the side line are most likely the same people that yell at their kids at practice ;)

Parent that yell on the side line are most likely the same people that yell at their kids at practice ;)

My daughter went through 10 years of youth soccer and I never once heard a parent yell or cheer for their kid at a practice.

My daughter went through 10 years of youth soccer and I never once heard a parent yell or cheer for their kid at a practice.
I filled in for my daughters 07 practice a few weeks ago. End of practice scrimmage. I subbed a girl off. Her mom walked up to her and started yelling at her for not playing hard enough. Not my team, so I didn't feel right telling the mom to chill.

I filled in for my daughters 07 practice a few weeks ago. End of practice scrimmage. I subbed a girl off. Her mom walked up to her and started yelling at her for not playing hard enough. Not my team, so I didn't feel right telling the mom to chill.

That is why kids quit soccer. Crazy ass parents.

At tryouts one year there was a rope setup to keep parents near the clubhouse and away from the fields. Some youngers were trying out about 50 yards from the rope. A mom and dad were right at the rope, leaning over shouting instructions. I tried to gently let them know that they were sabotaging their kid's tryout, but they would not take the hint.

Back