Parents from certain teams

Discussion in 'SoCalScene' started by 46n2, May 29, 2018.

1. Definitelynotanotherref

Definitelynotanotherref SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +183 / 5
    Lol. Never taken a creative writing class in my life, but I have to write a lot for work. Besides, that is generally how I talk in real life when I go on a roll. Why pick boring words when there are more tantalizing ones out there.

2. Venantsyo

Venantsyo SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +128 / 3
    All in all a good weekend at the Toyota tournament in Orange. Didn’t see any overly exuberant parents (well, maybe a couple) but we came across some “creative” refereeing (sometimes comical) with the 09s.

• Like Like x 1
  3. espola

espola DA

Ratings:
    +5,799 / 231
    You know we want details.

4. LASTMAN14

LASTMAN14

Ratings:
    +2,870 / 22
    At this last weekends game the central defender for my daughters team won the ball and was carrying it past the oppositions mid-line. She was sent flying by one of the opponents players. Parents from the other team were yelling she fell over the ball. After the game this same player who committed the foul apologized for doing so to my daughters teammate. A big kudos to her.

*Side note- the ref did a great job in making sure play was kept within LOTG by keeping it tight. Otherwise this game could have gone south. As well as speaking to a particular sideline.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. CaliKlines

CaliKlines Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 24
    In some cases, the players have more class than the parents. Even happens at the older age groups, and college-aged kids as well. She should be commended.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. baldref

baldref GOLD

Ratings:
    +692 / 6
    Who’s “we”?
    You have a ref hating mouse in your pocket?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. espola

espola DA

Ratings:
    +5,799 / 231
    I don't hate refs.

8. Mystery Train

Mystery Train GOLD

Ratings:
    +1,639 / 9
    LOL. priceless. Nailed it.

Oh sh#t... I've said every one of those things...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. socalkdg

socalkdg GOLD

Ratings:
    +991 / 7
    Can these parents please sit with the other parents from their team. Nothing like having a parent from the other team tell you the rules and say that there was no intent when two girls knocked down a girl with the ball inside the penalty box. Talk about their 30 years of refereeing thus knowing everything. Lastly causing me to get the evil eye from the parents of the team we are guest playing for because they think this person is with us. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MyDaughtersAKeeper

MyDaughtersAKeeper

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 17
    "Parents from certain teams" got into a physical altercation this weekend during a 7 v. 7 adult tournament. Since they were parents from the same club, things may get a little awkward.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. LASTMAN14

LASTMAN14

Ratings:
    +2,870 / 22
    Was that the parent coed division?

12. 46n2

46n2 SILVER ELITE

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    Listening to game this weekend , parents cried foul just about anytime their girls were bodied on.......but when their girls did the rough plays , they would laugh out loud and clap, total double standard.
    Also alot (more than one) moms telling the other girls from opposing team to behave and play fair , but would scream "Slide tackle her" at the top of her lungs!!

13. lafalafa

lafalafa SILVER

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Wow thought I had seen it all until today.

No skin in the game but today at NHB things went crazy after a pool game on a adjacent field.

Parent coach from the green Celtic goes after opposing coach of black uniforms team, think it was strikers or slammers and the players from the black team has to step in between the two to stop them.

Parents from defeated Green team see this & rush the field and next thing you know parents from a white uniforms try to step in and claim things down, all this why the ref crew has run off to the tournament table. After a lot of shouting & commotion a bunch of them go over to the tournament table and the nhb people finally step in saying that the police will be coming if they don't disperse and calm down .

Parents from the white team are apparently potesting the green team & inquiring about the green teams behavior after the game and the parent coaches qualifications. Not sure why until someone says there were tied after group play and played each other day before.

Green team is allowed to continue on via tie breaker with parent coach and then things go sideways once again in the next round vs a different team with red cards, parents fighting or threatening each other, several ejections during green teams eventually defeat.

Never seen adults so wrapped up in a youth kids game they would act like this, crazy I tell you, when the players have more sense then the parents.

14. CaliKlines

CaliKlines Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 24
    That's one of the first signs of the apocalypse.:eek:

15. coachrefparent

coachrefparent GOLD

Ratings:
    +706 / 22
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!