Parents from certain teams

how's that creative writing class coming? are you getting good grades?
Lol. Never taken a creative writing class in my life, but I have to write a lot for work. Besides, that is generally how I talk in real life when I go on a roll. Why pick boring words when there are more tantalizing ones out there.

All in all a good weekend at the Toyota tournament in Orange. Didn’t see any overly exuberant parents (well, maybe a couple) but we came across some “creative” refereeing (sometimes comical) with the 09s.

At this last weekends game the central defender for my daughters team won the ball and was carrying it past the oppositions mid-line. She was sent flying by one of the opponents players. Parents from the other team were yelling she fell over the ball. After the game this same player who committed the foul apologized for doing so to my daughters teammate. A big kudos to her.

*Side note- the ref did a great job in making sure play was kept within LOTG by keeping it tight. Otherwise this game could have gone south. As well as speaking to a particular sideline.

At this last weekends game the central defender for my daughters team won the ball and was carrying it past the oppositions mid-line. She was sent flying by one of the opponents players. Parents from the other team were yelling she fell over the ball. After the game this same player who committed the foul apologized for doing so to my daughters teammate.
In some cases, the players have more class than the parents. Even happens at the older age groups, and college-aged kids as well. She should be commended.

Macho, macho, macho, puff your chest, maybe alcohol, and testosterone. Can also be seen jumping up and down while hugging each other like schoolgirls after their 12 year old team scores.
LOL. priceless. Nailed it.

He has an audience as he says things like, "actually, he got that one right" and "oh, I think he gave us the advantage there" when the referee just straight up did not think it was a foul. He garners favor so that he can seem to be objective and trusted when he finally goes, "okay, he definitely got that one wrong".
Oh sh#t... I've said every one of those things...

Can these parents please sit with the other parents from their team. Nothing like having a parent from the other team tell you the rules and say that there was no intent when two girls knocked down a girl with the ball inside the penalty box. Talk about their 30 years of refereeing thus knowing everything. Lastly causing me to get the evil eye from the parents of the team we are guest playing for because they think this person is with us. :eek:

"Parents from certain teams" got into a physical altercation this weekend during a 7 v. 7 adult tournament. Since they were parents from the same club, things may get a little awkward.

Listening to game this weekend , parents cried foul just about anytime their girls were bodied on.......but when their girls did the rough plays , they would laugh out loud and clap, total double standard.
Also alot (more than one) moms telling the other girls from opposing team to behave and play fair , but would scream "Slide tackle her" at the top of her lungs!!

Wow thought I had seen it all until today.

No skin in the game but today at NHB things went crazy after a pool game on a adjacent field.

Parent coach from the green Celtic goes after opposing coach of black uniforms team, think it was strikers or slammers and the players from the black team has to step in between the two to stop them.

Parents from defeated Green team see this & rush the field and next thing you know parents from a white uniforms try to step in and claim things down, all this why the ref crew has run off to the tournament table. After a lot of shouting & commotion a bunch of them go over to the tournament table and the nhb people finally step in saying that the police will be coming if they don't disperse and calm down .

Parents from the white team are apparently potesting the green team & inquiring about the green teams behavior after the game and the parent coaches qualifications. Not sure why until someone says there were tied after group play and played each other day before.

Green team is allowed to continue on via tie breaker with parent coach and then things go sideways once again in the next round vs a different team with red cards, parents fighting or threatening each other, several ejections during green teams eventually defeat.

Never seen adults so wrapped up in a youth kids game they would act like this, crazy I tell you, when the players have more sense then the parents.

Back